Television Star Wars -The Acolyte

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This was one of the weirder things that came out of the prequels. I thought Alex Guinness was dressed like that in episode 4 because he’s in the desert. Turns out all the Jedi in the galaxy used to dress like that. What’s weirder is that Obi-wan stayed dressed as a Jedi when trying to avoid people hunting Jedi.
Yeah. :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Probably bc if the Sith figured out how powerful they really are it d be akin to Man City or Max Verstappen running the galaxy. A slaughter.
They did figured out. That is why Darth Bane made "rule of two". To give Jedi a chance:wenger:.
Two vs 1000. And 2 won.:D

To normal people (so not nerds like me); no, that was not a reason why Bane made a rule of two.

Revan

Assumptionman
I liked the trailer. I hope the bad guy in the end is Plagueis.

Blood Mage

Star Wars needs to let go of the Jedi in live action, save them for the animated shows where kids can still enjoy them. We need more grounded, adult sci-fi in the vein of Andor, it's just so much more compelling than overpowered sorcerer monks fighting each other with glow sticks.

El-Manos

Why do lightsabers matter ? Well that’s like saying why does a piano matter in a Ray Charles biopic? It’s one of the fundamentals which defines Star Wars. It’s a reasonable expectation to expect cool lightsaber action.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Star Wars needs to let go of the Jedi in live action, save them for the animated shows where kids can still enjoy them. We need more grounded, adult sci-fi in the vein of Andor, it's just so much more compelling than overpowered sorcerer monks fighting each other with glow sticks.
But Star Wars fundamentally is for kids. It's set in a universe with overpowered sorcerer monks fighting each other with glowsticks.

dinostar77

How hard is it to do an adaptation of a sith story line like Darth Bane trilogy, Darth Magus or even Revan? Entertaining SW novels about the dark side and the sith.

Why can't we have a series with the sith as the main focus ?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
How hard is it to do an adaptation of a sith story line like Darth Bane trilogy, Darth Magus or even Revan? Entertaining SW novels about the dark side and the sith.

Why can't we have a series with the sith as the main focus ?
It’s mad how they insist on creating original stories from thin air when they’ve proven to be totally inept at it, and they have great and well loved stories to adapt.

Revan

Assumptionman
If it's Plagueis then we'd see a young palpatine right?
If it is 100 years before the movies, Palpa should not even exist. But at this stage, Disney just makes whatever nonsense they want, and continuously break their own rules.

dinostar77

If it is 100 years before the movies, Palpa should not even exist. But at this stage, Disney just makes whatever nonsense they want, and continuously break their own rules.
I'm sick of palpatine stuff so hopefully not.

edgecutter

Anything that has Harvey Weinsteins assistant involved is a no from me.

MiceOnMeth

Crazy how 3 Mediocre films from the 70s has spawned a whole franchise of mediocre movies and television shows

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It’s a reasonable expectation to expect cool lightsaber action.
You don't need it in the majority of content. All it does is make the Jedi dull and boring as it's content done before many, many times.

There's a reason why Andor was so well received. It was new and felt fresh with compelling dialogue and characters. Not just the same boring shit we've already seen before. This like Ahsoka are shows I won't bother watching.

dinostar77

You don't need it in the majority of content. All it does is make the Jedi dull and boring as it's content done before many, many times.

There's a reason why Andor was so well received. It was new and felt fresh with compelling dialogue and characters. Not just the same boring shit we've already seen before. This like Ahsoka are shows I won't bother watching.
Agreed, a lightsaber battle should be a highlight or climax to a story. There should be a build up to it. It should be an event, like a standoff in a western movie. But they have ruined that as well.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Anything that has Harvey Weinsteins assistant involved is a no from me.
Feel like more should be being made of this. If it was an open secret in Hollywood, why are we assuming his assistant didn’t know?

Yagami

Good post resistant
The comment section is just gold.

That's all Disney Star Wars is good for because I still don't think they've made one decent product off the IP. Andor and the first, what, half of the mandalorian have fans, but I'm not a fan of either for different reasons. Andor is a well made show but it just doesn't feel like Star Wars. It's a generic sci-fi bit set in the star wars universe that doesn't have anything in it that star wars had which separated it from generic sci-fi in the first place. The Mandalorian is just poorly written, member berry, cameo infested slop.

It'd be interesting to see the guys who worked on Andor do something related to the force, Jedi, Sith, etc. Combine their talents at producing a well put together show with key elements of the lore. Personally, I wouldn't have minded them adapting the Heir to the Empire trilogy, but they've completely killed that story anyway.

Jev

That's all Disney Star Wars is good for because I still don't think they've made one decent product off the IP. Andor and the first, what, half of the mandalorian have fans, but I'm not a fan of either for different reasons. Andor is a well made show but it just doesn't feel like Star Wars. It's a generic sci-fi bit set in the star wars universe that doesn't have anything in it that star wars had which separated it from generic sci-fi in the first place. The Mandalorian is just poorly written, member berry, cameo infested slop.

It'd be interesting to see the guys who worked on Andor do something related to the force, Jedi, Sith, etc. Combine their talents at producing a well put together show with key elements of the lore. Personally, I wouldn't have minded them adapting the Heir to the Empire trilogy, but they've completely killed that story anyway.
Like Rogue One?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Like Rogue One?
I never watched Rogue One but I don't think that was centred around those things, right? It was just ordinary rebels. The only bit I ever hear people talk about is that Vader scene, and, aside from that, it's very much Andor like in terms of the general audience finding it boring. I just never cared for it because I'm fine with the OG three. A prequel wasn't needed for me. Well, a prequel set 5 minutes before because there were other prequels that I did enjoy! Still, I think people say that and Andor are the best things to come from Disney and Tony Gilroy was a key player in both so I'd like to see him do something about Luke and a happily married Han and Leia after episode 6 instead of Filoni shoehorning them into his whole web of stories.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Andor felt like Star Wars to me. Maybe you just have a Jedi problem.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Andor felt like Star Wars to me. Maybe you just have a Jedi problem.
I do! The Jedi are Star Wars!

The story isn't about the universe. The OT was about Luke becoming a Jedi and defeating the Sith. The prequels were about Anakin falling to the dark side and destroying the Jedi Order. No Jedi, no Star Wars.

It's like making a Terminator movie without killer robots. A Jurassic Park movie without dinosaurs. An Alien movie without xenomorphs. Some people just like to be pretentious and act like including Jedi is somehow beneath the franchise when that's literally what it's about :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

The story isn't about the universe. The OT was about Luke becoming a Jedi and defeating the Sith. The prequels were about Anakin falling to the dark side and destroying the Jedi Order. No Jedi, no Star Wars.

It's like making a Terminator movie without killer robots. A Jurassic Park movie without dinosaurs. An Alien movie without xenomorphs. Some people just like to be pretentious and act like including Jedi is somehow beneath the franchise when that's literally what it's about :lol:
It really isn't. When you have a gigantic universe full of lore, it's ok to try different ideas rather than repeating the same concepts with the same type of characters doing the same things.

Star Wars isn't anything like Jurassic Park or Terminator. It's set in a whole universe with hundreds of planets and alien life.

Jedi isn't 'Star Wars'. Rebels Vs Empire is Star Wars, the Jedi and Sith are part of that but doesn't mean it needs it. People who scream for Jedi and Sith in every Star Wars content remind me of those weird fans playing with light sabers in a parking lot.

That's all Disney Star Wars is good for because I still don't think they've made one decent product off the IP. Andor and the first, what, half of the mandalorian have fans, but I'm not a fan of either for different reasons. Andor is a well made show but it just doesn't feel like Star Wars.
Andor and Rogue One feel more like Star Wars than anything since The Return Of The Jedi.
Probably because they are directly tied to that fecking story and go directly into A New Hope, an absolutely incredible movie. Both were absolutely superb and really should have been the road map for Disney in what to do with the franchise. Enrich the originals.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It really isn't. When you have a gigantic universe full of lore, it's ok to try different ideas rather than repeating the same concepts with the same type of characters doing the same things.

Star Wars isn't anything like Jurassic Park or Terminator. It's set in a whole universe with hundreds of planets and alien life.

Jedi isn't 'Star Wars'. Rebels Vs Empire is Star Wars, the Jedi and Sith are part of that but doesn't mean it needs it. People who scream for Jedi and Sith in every Star Wars content remind me of those weird fans playing with light sabers in a parking lot.
I'm not screaming for it. The shows, games, etc, that don't have them are fine to do so. I'm just saying, to me personally, the products that don't have anything to do with them aren't for me. I even complimented Andor.

George Lucas created Star Wars solely to tell the story of Anakin Skywalker (Starkiller as he was originally meant to be called). His whole story and the Jedi and Sith revolving around it are Star Wars to the creator and the majority of fans. A product without any of that will always be less popular. The OG 6 could've just been called Skywalker 1-6 rather than Star Wars because it wasn't about the universe. It was about two specific characters.

Another example is like doing a Hogwarts movie with no Harry Potter (Fantastic Beasts was it called?). You can do it, and it may even be good, but some things/characters are just integral to a franchise.

There's nothing wrong with it, I know. I don't even blame them for doing it because they've wore out the appeal of the Jedi/Sith. That doesn't change the fact that, for a lot of us, that stuff is still a key part of what makes Star Wars what it is/was.

Andor and Rogue One feel more like Star Wars than anything since The Return Of The Jedi.
Probably because they are directly tied to that fecking story and go directly into A New Hope, an absolutely incredible movie. Both were absolutely superb and really should have been the road map for Disney in what to do with the franchise. Enrich the originals.
Well, I was only talking about Andor myself as I hadn't seen RO. I think two things can be true. Andor is the best thing Disney have done with SW in terms of writing, but it also didn't feel like SW, but a lot of people could take that as a compliment because SW is in such a state that not being able to liken it to the franchise is a compliment in and of itself.

I would take Andor any day over anything else they've produced that has Jedi in it. I'd just like both!

I'm not screaming for it. The shows, games, etc, that don't have them are fine to do so. I'm just saying, to me personally, the products that don't have anything to do with them aren't for me. I even complimented Andor.

George Lucas created Star Wars solely to tell the story of Anakin Skywalker (Starkiller as he was originally meant to be called). His whole story and the Jedi and Sith revolving around it are Star Wars to the creator and the majority of fans. A product without any of that will always be less popular. The OG 6 could've just been called Skywalker 1-6 rather than Star Wars because it wasn't about the universe. It was about two specific characters.

Another example is like doing a Hogwarts movie with no Harry Potter (Fantastic Beasts was it called?). You can do it, and it may even be good, but some things/characters are just integral to a franchise.

There's nothing wrong with it, I know. I don't even blame them for doing it because they've wore out the appeal of the Jedi/Sith. That doesn't change the fact that, for a lot of us, that stuff is still a key part of what makes Star Wars what it is/was.

Well, I was only talking about Andor myself as I hadn't seen RO. I think two things can be true. Andor is the best thing Disney have done with SW in terms of writing, but it also didn't feel like SW, but a lot of people could take that as a compliment because SW is in such a state that not being able to liken it to the franchise is a compliment in and of itself.

I would take Andor any day over anything else they've produced that has Jedi in it. I'd just like both!
I have no idea how you can even talk about this without seeing Rogue One to be honest. Rogue One is what makes Andor Star Wars, ultimate brilliant Star Wars, that’s what connects it all.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
George Lucas created Star Wars solely to tell the story of Anakin Skywalker (Starkiller as he was originally meant to be called).
Well that's patently not true given that Darth Vader wasn't written to be Luke's father in the first movie.

caid

I mean you've gotten them characters story. You've gotten about a million spin offs tied really, really directly to that story and them characters. Its not just done, its been beaten to death and recycled a thousand times. I've seen enough mediocre New Hope reruns to last a life time, I'm very much in the they need to grow and extend the universe camp.

Revan

Assumptionman

100% agree.

I liked Andor, to some degree, but that is just a generic sci-fi show, not a Star Wars one. Heck, it doesn’t even need to be sci-fi, it can be on Earth and get called Prison Break.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Spot on.

Wing Attack Plan R

It’s weird that something I was obsessed with as a kid is so unappealing now that I don’t even know the characters names anymore.

I liked Rogue One a lot, though. They should have let Solo be what Miller and Lord were making it, and not had that fecking hack Ron Howard step in. The problem is so many people in charge of things in Hollywood fell in love with the original Star Wars as kids and they have no clue what made it work.

I wish they would reboot the entire fecking patchwork, ret-conned Star Wars universe, go back to square one, and pick up the story after the first film (A New Hope) ends, with the original plot points (e.g., Luke and Leia are not siblings, Darth Vader is not Luke’s father, etc.). Just blow the ensuing 40 years of tangled nonsense in the trash and continue in a new direction.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
100% agree.

I liked Andor, to some degree, but that is just a generic sci-fi show, not a Star Wars one. Heck, it doesn’t even need to be sci-fi, it can be on Earth and get called Prison Break.
Why? The prison arc was 3 episodes...? Bizarre comment. :lol:

Personally Andor is my 2nd favourite Star Wars content, only Empire is better. Loved the Empire arc in particular along with the fantastic speeches. It shits all over the modern Star Wars trash. Prequels included.