Static, slow motion zombie passing

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its just a pre season game. However, we all know where our weaknesses are.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Which since looks to have been on the money.

You're turning into a parody noods, stop it!

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I was accused of moaning/doom mongering earlier because I pointed out that a random article in The Daily Mail might not be the most reliable source for verified news.

Angrycafe.
I think it's funny when you moan though.

But how can it be possible that our midfield has become MORE zombielike by selling verified zombie Darron Gibson? I just don't get it.

In the next game, I confidently predict that pieces of flesh will begin to fall out of the motionless face of Michael Carrick. Or Anderson will eat someone.

Thinking about it, Anderson eating someone wouldn't prove that our midfield is becoming zombielike, not anything of the sort. It would simply prove that Anderson's hungry.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah he's. Finding it quite ironical since he has been practically looking for moments to have a proper moan about little things i.e like playing in a testimonial.
I've been complaining about the zombie passing since about February. When we stop playing like zombies, I'll stop complaining about it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

But how can it be possible that our midfield has become MORE zombielike by selling verified zombie Darron Gibson? I just don't get it.

In the next game, I confidently predict that pieces of flesh will begin to fall out of the motionless face of Michael Carrick. Or Anderson will eat someone.

Thinking about it, Anderson eating someone wouldn't prove that our midfield is becoming zombielike, not anything of the sort. It would simply prove that Anderson's hungry.
I wont be surprised if Ando eats someone. However I think he prefers a healthy diet consisting of Big Mac Meals and Triple Whoppers. ;)

Kagawa on the other hand should try to eat dogs. He would surely make Lou Macari happy by doing that.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Which since looks to have been on the money.

You're turning into a parody noods, stop it!
Yeah...it's now been nicked by another newspaper's website and the same Sky Sports website mob that reported Pogba had signed a new contract because they found a vague story in some flimsy tabloid.

Apparently though waiting for the club to announce official club news is tantamount to forcasting the football apocalypse.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I've been complaining about the zombie passing since about February. When we stop playing like zombies, I'll stop complaining about it.
Again I really don't agree that we've been zombie passing since Feb. In the last 4-5 matches of the season, yes we played poorly. Also in this pre-season thought we played pretty well against Hamburg and did quite well against Barcelona.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Yeah...it's now been nicked by another newspaper's website and the same Sky Sports website mob that reported Pogba had signed a new contract because they found a vague story in some flimsy tabloid.

Apparently though waiting for the club to announce official club news is tantamount to forcasting the football apocalypse.
You weren't so keen to wait for an official announcement when you thought Fergie would be pocketing something from the IPO.

Anyway, we'll see..... in the meantime, go get yourself laid or something will you.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

I also find it funny when I moan...it seems to provoke increased amounts of uncontrollable outrage in response...and then often, months later people start agreeing with me. It's bizarre.

Carrick's always been a bit zombified to be fair. He just loos like Darron Gibson if he wasn't permanently glaring at things (why do Everton always buy players who constantly glare at things?).

Maybe Gibson was such a dressing room livewire, the rest of the team has been plunged into permanent Gibson like depression by his absence? Even the new younger players...I'm still waiting for Powell to do something that isn't just what Darron Gibson would have done.

The solution is to sign Darron Gibson. Or just shine a torch into Carrick's eyes for the duration of games.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You weren't so keen to wait for an official announcement when you thought Fergie would be pocketing something from the IPO.

Anyway, we'll see..... in the meantime, go get yourself laid or something will you.
Stop being such a nazi Hitler.

I don't think I claimed Fergie was pocketing money from the IPO?...he came out with a load of ill-timed nonsense which was straight from his own mouth, and rightly criticised.

I fail to see the harm in pointing out the Daily Mail claiming Welbeck has signed a new contract, doesn't necessarily actually mean Welbeck has signed a new contract. If anything I'm saving you all from yourselves.

marjen

I also find it funny when I moan...it seems to provoke increased amounts of uncontrollable outrage in response...and then often, months later people start agreeing with me. It's bizarre.

Carrick's always been a bit zombified to be fair. He just loos like Darron Gibson if he wasn't permanently glaring at things (why do Everton always buy players who constantly glare at things?).

Maybe Gibson was such a dressing room livewire, the rest of the team has been plunged into permanent Gibson like depression by his absence? Even the new younger players...I'm still waiting for Powell to do something that isn't just what Darron Gibson would have done.

The solution is to sign Darron Gibson. Or just shine a torch into Carrick's eyes for the duration of games.
The Everton-glaring-thingy is quite certaintly because of David Moyes, who's widely regarded as the man who glares the most in Northern England.

Somehow I just can't see Darron Gibson being a dressing room livewire. In fact, I struggle to picture Darron Gibson smiling at getting a christmas present as a kid.

And I think the Carrick thing is more like, well.. He's more like a postman. With a vagina.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Powell looks miles less limited than Gibson. He actually runs forward with the ball on occasions for one, and his touch is considerably better.

marjen

I think there's a 97 % chance that Noodles will at some point during the season moan ferociously about our lack of full backs - seeing as we have none.

marjen

One who could play at both sides. Oh, and you've already mentioned it. A lot.

It gets even better when Giggsy starts at LB against Chelsea at the Bridge later on.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We'll probably start the season with Valencia, our best attacking player for the second half of last season, in defence, despite the fact he can't play there.

This would usually incur considerable amounts of moaning, but the zombie passing has reached a stage where it must absorb all of my moaning quota until such time as it is addressed...I don't like watching United games and thinking "feck me when is this going to finish so I can find something better to do"

Crustanoid

It's not the zombie passing - its the zombie running and tracking in midfield that is our biggest downfall

marjen

Well, we could, conceivably, just play.. Tom Cleverley. In midfield.

Which would go a long way to stop this zombie thing from happening.

That, or we could have Fergie remote control a mini helicopter with a fresh baked pie attached to it, into the spaces he wants Anderson to attack. He's the manager after all.

Cina

Yeah, why the hell would we convert one of the best wingers in the business, who is 27 (??) into a full back. Daft.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's a fecking testimonial match, do you expect us to go at full high speed? . Surely a better way to judge our midfield/passing is by that 4-3 win against hamburg which was played at a good tempo.
:lol:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
It's not really outrage, but confusion at what you are talking about I've found. Most people just don't see it, at all.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
It's not really outrage, but confusion at what you are talking about I've found. Most people just don't see it, at all.
So you can't see the difference between say, the first or five games of last season, which was the most exciting we'd looked in years, and the drab, depressing performances towards the end, which eventually resulted in us throwing away an 8 point lead?

I remember when no one could "see" that the teams we were selecting for CL group games were too weak for the level of opposition we were facing...and then we went out of the CL, and Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that the teams we were selecting for CL group games might have been too weak for the opposition they were facing.

Redcafe doesn't see too well. It's too busy being outraged at things.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You've been pissing and moaning about team selections before almost every single game - CL group stages and otherwise - since first I joined here. Since then we've won a host of league titles and made three CL finals.

I'm not sure you should really assume that our failure to get out of our group last season was some sort of vindication of your constant and ongoing criticism of Fergie's tinkering.

Even a stopped clock and all that...

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
So you can't see the difference between say, the first or five games of last season, which was the most exciting we'd looked in years, and the drab, depressing performances towards the end, which eventually resulted in us throwing away an 8 point lead?

I remember when no one could "see" that the teams we were selecting for CL group games were too weak for the level of opposition we were facing...and then we went out of the CL, and Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that the teams we were selecting for CL group games might have been too weak for the opposition they were facing.

Redcafe doesn't see too well. It's too busy being outraged at things.
I'm with you on this one, although to be fair even though I loved the way we played the first couple of games there were still a lot of issues that needed to be sorted. The biggest problem ofcourse was that we were letting in more shots than any other team in the PL, and that can be contributed to either the Clev/Ando partnership and the lack of stability and defensive cover, and/or the fact that our back 4 was constantly changing due to injuries. Nevertheless even though the pairing looked great for a while it quickly became apparent we couldn't go on like that throughout the season, there was just little to no defensive stability in the team when playing like that.
Now don't get me wrong I still prefer the quick 1-2 passing over the slow-motion like passes we get when Scholes and Carrick are on the field, but I doubt the blame for losing the title can be atributed to this, I mean isn't that style of play the one that got us back on track after being raped by City for one? Carelessness is the reason we lost the title, just as it was for going out of the CL.

The CL games are a mistery to me, I remember most of the time whenever the line-ups were announced I'd get a bit mad at Fergie, and not to be pointing fingers or anything but seriously, we had the easiest group in the CL yet managed to feck it up because our line-ups were similar to those we use in the League Cup games. Fergie can try to say anything he wants, but we all know he underestimated the opposition and got burned for it.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I made a thread about it didn't I? The CL team selections...In fact I first brought it up after the extremely predictable 0-0 with Rangers. A result which seemed to shock people on here.

And part of the reason I used to moan in the matchday threads is because I found it funny pissing Jason off. A few of the times I didn't even know what the line up was.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We'll see what Pogue has to say when Carrick responds to the referee booking him by slowly walking up and biting his face off.