Steam sales

Revan

Assumptionman
I only recently started playing Bioshock. I also own Bioshock 2, Deus Ex games and more that I still haven't played. What am I going to add next to this list?
It's an addiction :(
Why on Earth you own all those games which you haven't played yet? I imagine that people buy games to play them, not to leave them somewhere and probably play them sometimes in future.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Why on Earth you own all those games which you haven't played yet? I imagine that people buy games to play them, not to leave them somewhere and probably play them sometimes in future.
I'm sure you have some games as well that you haven't played. My reasons are simple. College. I bought them because of Steam sale. It's not the only games I own. Haven't even touched Civ V yet and I love the Civ games :/

Ralaks

I'm the same, somewhat. I generally buy games I fancy I might play sometime when steam sales happen. Only a few bucks either ways. Never gotten around to finish many of them though, sadly.

Kaos

I really hope they reduce the price of Arma 2: OA. I really want to try DayZ but I'm not willing to spend £15 to play an alpha mod.

Would be nice if they offer a nice deal on those Walking Dead games too, been meaning to start playing em.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I really hope they reduce the price of Arma 2: OA. I really want to try DayZ but I'm not willing to spend £15 to play an alpha mod.

Would be nice if they offer a nice deal on those Walking Dead games too, been meaning to start playing em.
Honestly I'd just wait for the standalone version - the mod isn't even being updated anymore.

Kaos

The Witcher - £1.74. Thats an incredible price for an amazing game, I payed full price for it and it was totally worth it. You'd be stupid for not buying it now.

The Witcher 2 - £7.99

Kaos

I bought 4 games for £7 yesterday and in the process realised I have over 20 games on Steam alone I have yet to even install :lol:
My yet-to-be-installed games numbers in the triple figures. I swear I don't even remember buying most of these :lol:

Kaos

How many games you usually play in a year?
Quite a few, mostly indie titles though. I travel a lot and take a gaming laptop around with me so its something I do to breeze through the downtime. I usually focus on one MMO at a time too.

A lot of my Steam games were bought because they were very cheap and I'd vaguely heard good things about them. I'm a shameless victim of their marketing.

vanthaman

Winner
Same here. I buy sale games then if I even bother to install them I play once then forget about even having them till the next sale

Kaos

Just noticed Jedi Knight II on there for £3, bought that too. Great game but I lost the disc sometime ago, happy to see it reduced on Steam.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just noticed Jedi Knight II on there for £3, bought that too. Great game but I lost the disc sometime ago, happy to see it reduced on Steam.
A really great game, possibly the best third person shooter I have played, and IMO much better than it's sequel Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and The Force Unleashed games. Kyle Katarrn really rocks.

Kaos

Jedi Academy is also on sale - in fact they have a deal going on where you can buy all Star Wars game for £35...pretty decent that. Not too fussed about the Force Unleashed games though.

Revan

Assumptionman
Jedi Academy is also on sale - in fact they have a deal going on where you can buy all Star Wars game for £35...pretty decent that. Not too fussed about the Force Unleashed games though.
I saw the deal but it's not for me cause I have most of them.

The Force Unleashed had a good story (as good as a shooter story can be) and was a good game overall. The second one was more dark but was very short and the gameplay was very constant. Starkiller is a very likable character.

On the other side I hated when you had to rapid press a button to kill a powerful enemy. Starkiller is a very likable character

Hope that LucasArts will make the final game though I doubt it.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Bought Limbo for USD 4.99
Rule nr. 1 on steam sales. Only buy games that are on flash deals or daily deals, unless it's the last day of the sale.

Limbo was on $2,50 yesterday and would probably have popped up again on that price.

Revan

Assumptionman
Portal 2 - 3.74EUR

Max Payne 3 - 12.49EUR

If someone is interested to play these, now is the time.

Kaos

Thats a cracking deal for Portal 2, Max Payne 3 is shit though.

What on earth is going on with Fallout 3? It started out £1.49 this morning, then before I could post its price on here it went up to a fiver, now its £10 :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
Thats a cracking deal for Portal 2, Max Payne 3 is shit though.

What on earth is going on with Fallout 3? It started out £1.49 this morning, then before I could post its price on here it went up to a fiver, now its £10 :lol:
Probably many people are buying it.

How come Euro zone has become so much cheaper than dollar zone?
Really? Usually is at the contrary (IMO).