Steam sales

Revan

Assumptionman
Thats a cracking deal for Portal 2, Max Payne 3 is shit though.

What on earth is going on with Fallout 3? It started out £1.49 this morning, then before I could post its price on here it went up to a fiver, now its £10 :lol:
Fallout 3 is 5.99EUR, while with all 5 game add-on packs in 11.99EUR.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No wait, my bad. It's about the same. Looked at a different price when I was checking out Max Payne 3. Portal is cheaper in Euros but Max Payne is cheaper in dollars. Not a big difference though.

Snow

Its showing as £9 for me now :houllier:

Well this doesn't fluctuate much does it...
Different games get different discounts depending on where you are. The Witcher for example went to 50% off here, not 75%.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I've bought Fallout 3 (already had it on PS3 and a Pirate version), Dead Island, Age of Empires III and Terraria (I will play it one day maybe)

Revan

Assumptionman
I've bought Fallout 3 (already had it on PS3 and a Pirate version), Dead Island, Age of Empires III and Terraria (I will play it one day maybe)
This game sucks. Age of Empires 2: The conquerors was fantastic, and for me the best real time strategy game I have ever played. Perfectly balanced, very likable and pretty perfect. But it wasn't the same with the third game and I continued playing the second.

rcoobc

This game sucks. Age of Empires 2: The conquerors was fantastic, and for me the best real time strategy game I have ever played. Perfectly balanced, very likable and pretty perfect. But it wasn't the same with the third game and I continued playing the second.
Same with everything really. Most new games still suck, although they are generally getting better, but the ones that dont suck have too many experts and not enough noobs.

What is the point of playing an RTS other than Starcraft?

Revan

Assumptionman
There's one moment and revelation which is my most memorable in any video game I've played.
For me it was the biggest twist I have ever seen (better than 'I am your father'). I have said here about a million times but this is one of the few games when everything is so perfect.

Same with everything really. Most new games still suck, although they are generally getting better, but the ones that dont suck have too many experts and not enough noobs.

What is the point of playing an RTS other than Starcraft?
AOE 2 was pretty fantastic, and playing with friend in a room was much better than playing online. For the record, I haven't played Starcraft (not a big fan of RTS).

rcoobc

Dont get me wrong AOE 2 was brilliant. My girlfriend who hates games has been playing it a lot. Got the urge, downloaded and now I never see her.

Life is good.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
For no apparant reason (other than being dirt cheap and boredom despite now having 8 new games to play :lol:) I've just got that Dear Esther game thing. It'll be interesting to see if it stirs up anything.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Just got Portal 2 because I loved the first one on xbox, and it was only €5. But whenever I start it, before it gets to the main menu, it crashes. What's the deal?

Snow

For no apparant reason (other than being dirt cheap and boredom despite now having 8 new games to play :lol:) I've just got that Dear Esther game thing. It'll be interesting to see if it stirs up anything.
I bought it during the Steam summer sale. Started playing it and then I wasn't happy enough with how my pc handled it and stopped playing. I've got a new one now so I'll need to get back to it. It's an interesting game all right.

Redlambs

I bought it during the Steam summer sale. Started playing it and then I wasn't happy enough with how my pc handled it and stopped playing. I've got a new one now so I'll need to get back to it. It's an interesting game all right.
I played through the first chapter, and found it...interesting. Beautiful artwork (if on a very dated engine) and certainly is a unique way to listen to an audio book. It would be quite cool as a future genre to have more stories told this way. I'm still not sure if I'm getting much enjoyment out of it, so I'll play some more later.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Not on Steam, but GoG has a 5 games for $10 deal going on.

I'd recommend that just to get To The Moon, played through that the other day and it's an emotional one. Not really much actual gameplay, but the story is fantastic.

Revan

Assumptionman
Both Portal games cost 4.74EUR in a package. Super super offer, very tempted to buy them but I have some games that are on play list (probably for 1 year).

Another good offer is Orange Box which costs 6.99EUR, while Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 7.19EUR.

IrishLegend

Both Portal games cost 4.74EUR in a package. Super super offer, very tempted to buy them but I have some games that are on play list (probably for 1 year).

Another good offer is Orange Box which costs 6.99EUR, while Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 7.19EUR.
Portal 1 + 2 are great. The co-op on 2 is alot of fun if you have a friend who has it.

BD

Got Portal 2 last night, but it keeps crashing on startup. No error message comes up though. Kinda worried now that my graphics card isn't good enough, but would it get to the home menu if the graphics card wasn't good enough? I have an Intel HD 3000 graphics card if that helps. Tried to run some sort of 'can I run this game' program from the internet, but that wasn't working(it said I needed to install Java, even though I have the newest one! Frustrating as feck).

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I've showed a disappointing amount of restraint these Steam Sales, mainly because a) I'm a bit strapped for mullah at the moment and b) I own most of the stuff that is on sale already.

Max Payne 3 is going for 22.50 here (that's 75% for people not in Aus) but I'm not sure it's worth that - sub $20 and I'd be looking at it.

Revan

Assumptionman
MAX PAYNE 2: THE FALL OF MAX PAYNE IS CURRENTLY $2.50.

I CANNOT EMPHASISE ENOUGH HOW MUCH YOU SHOULD ALL PURCHASE IT.

IT IS POSSIBLY THE BEST WRITTEN GAME OF ALL TIME.

Do it.
What does this mean? The story or what?

Cina

Don't answer him, he'll start rambling on about KOTOR.

BD

Got Portal 2 last night, but it keeps crashing on startup. No error message comes up though. Kinda worried now that my graphics card isn't good enough, but would it get to the home menu if the graphics card wasn't good enough? I have an Intel HD 3000 graphics card if that helps. Tried to run some sort of 'can I run this game' program from the internet, but that wasn't working(it said I needed to install Java, even though I have the newest one! Frustrating as feck).
Ok, so I'm pretty sure my graphics card is ok, so whats happening? It crashes everytime, just before the main menu comes up.

Revan

Assumptionman
Don't answer him, he'll start rambling on about KOTOR.
Same old Cina.

No, I was meaning for RPG in general, hard to imagine how a shooter can have a better story than best RPG games.

Snow

Same old Cina.

No, I was meaning for RPG in general, hard to imagine how a shooter can have a better story than best RPG games.
Might not be as character driven but Max Payne has a nice story. Just play it and see for yourself. Was the bees knees at the time at least.

Redlambs

I wouldn't call Max Payne the best story myself, but you have to respect why he has that opinion. As epic a game and story KOTOR is, it's not the be all and end all of a story.

Deus ex, System Shock 2, Max paynes, Alan Wake, etc are examples of story driven action games that match up to the big hitting rpgs (though obviously the former two are hybrids anyway).

Redlambs

Might not be as character driven but Max Payne has a nice story. Just play it and see for yourself. Was the bees knees at the time at least.
Yep.

Btw I've been through Dear Esther once now, and although not really a game, it is absolutely brilliantly done and really does grip you around half way through. I have my thoughts about what it's about, but it seems everyone has a slightly different idea.

RedMist99

:mad::mad::mad:

Just left Taris, killed Davik and stole his ship. I imagine a video was about to play then the game minimizes. Couldn't maximize it again so shut it down.

Can't even get past the fecking intro screens now. Appears to be a common problem. What a fecking joke

Talking about KOTOR by the way

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
KOTOR always crashed for me at that point when I first got it, was irritating as lightsaber time was approaching. I turned off an option in the graphics section to do with the grass rendering or summat, and it fixed.

Then again, that was in about 2004...

I've so far just got the three Max Paynes. Need to play them in order?