Stoke u21s vs. United u21s

Heffo

Disappointed this clashes with the academy match. Anyone know if this is likely to happen regularly?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
They've changed the structure of the league. I don't know much about it myself but i think they wanted to make it similar to the premiership so more teams I would assume, more games..can't wait...I agree, hope they show the academy after or something. Always worth a watch.

Heffo: I'm sure something will be sorted out. How else would people watch the academy? I'm sure it it will be repeated later in the day

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They're showing the highlights of the academy game instead of full coverage...big big shame if that's a regular occurance, but the U21 league looks quite interesting. It might make reserve football a little more competitive.

ricky-romeo

so there are no more reserves game or what? how about the older players who just return from injuries and need match practise then?

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Here is some interesting thoughts from our Academy director Brian Mclair on the new rules. He sounds quite critical of them.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...le-changes-for-2012-2013-season.aspx?pageNo=1

They're showing the highlights of the academy game instead of full coverage...big big shame if that's a regular occurance, but the U21 league looks quite interesting. It might make reserve football a little more competitive.
Hopefully thats only this week as the two games clash. Most of our u21 games are on monday evenings leaving Saturday mornings for u18s.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Fletch plays for the U21 today.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
They've misspelled "Januzaj"'s name right?

Edit: Michael Tonge - a blast from the past.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
Did he mean that? Either the flick on to the winger, or the chipped finish?

Both excellent if so.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Blackett :drool: Such a clever wing back. I hope in 5 years, the left back competition will be Fabio against Blackett.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Good game, this. Fantastic to see Fletcher playing.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Are the U21's & U18's run in tandem now? By that I mean do they play the same teams or is it just coincidence they are both playing Stoke today?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Aye, Fletch looking good. Likewise King who's looked very lively.

KingEric7

You get the impression if King doesn't make it for us, he'll be a really good player elsewhere. Much like Eikrem when he was in our reserve team, his quality is obvious.

jb8521

United playing some fantastic flowing football with Petrucci knitting it all together, Blackett getting forward really well and King doing very well apart from his finishing

KingEric7

What a save! De Gea and Lindegaard will be feeling a bit uneasy at this rate with Johnstone on their backs. :)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This game has definetly reminded me how good King is. It's unfortunate that he has Rooney, Hernandez, RVP, Welbeck, (Berbatov) and Macheda in front of him at the moment; saying that, I prefer King to Macheda at the moment.

He's young of course, but it'll be hard for any foward to break into the first team these for the next few years.

Fletcher has looked composed, and I never realised how tidy of a player Tunicliffe is.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
You get the impression if King doesn't make it for us, he'll be a really good player elsewhere. Much like Eikrem when he was in our reserve team, his quality is obvious.
I think that goes for several of these guys. Davide, Tunners, Cole, Lingard etc. Very well schooled players.

SecondFig

This game has definetly reminded me how good King is. It's unfortunate that he has Rooney, Hernandez, RVP, Welbeck, (Berbatov) and Macheda in front of him at the moment; saying that, I prefer King to Macheda at the moment.

He's young of course, but it'll be hard for any foward to break into the first team these for the next few years.
And Henriquez arriving imminently

KingEric7

I think that goes for several of these guys. Davide, Tunners, Cole, Lingard etc. Very well schooled players.
True, I just think King goes under the radar a bit because he's been injured so often. Wish we'd have been able to afford King the chances that we've given Macheda and Welbeck.

I think other Premiership clubs could do worse than look at a few of our reserve players over the next couple of years. Obviously want the likes of Petrucci, Lingard, Cole et al to make it, but like you say they'll have good careers either way.