"stop copying me!" placcy ronaldo cries

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
love it when kids spit their dummies out over stuff they are completely clueless about. didn't realise he invented the step-over.

CRISTIANO RONALDO has told the Premiership's step-over wannabes: 'Stop copying my skills'. Manchester United's Portuguese wing-wizard is fed up with fleet- footed tricksters whom he believes are imitating his party pieces. Arsenal's Thierry Henry has been leaving opponents for dead with the technique described as 'lollipops' by ex-ITV commentator Ron Atkinson. Chelsea's Joe Cole was impressive with an assortment of step-overs in England's World Cup qualifier against Northern Ireland at Old Trafford. Birmingham's David Dunn actually came a cropper attempting the 'round-the-corner backheel' that saw him fall flat on his face on TV. And Barcelona's brilliant Brazilian Ronaldinho has become a serial thriller with his tricks. Yet angry Ronaldo is having none of it, and believes his rivals should make up their own moves. He said: "There is one thing that annoys me. I don't like people copying my tricks. "I would never, for example, copy Ronaldinho if I saw him doing something on the pitch. I see football as an art and all the players are artists. If you are a top artist the last thing you would do is paint a picture that someone has already painted. "I would never dream of looking at Ronaldinho and trying to emulate him. I would be offended if he tried to copy one of my tricks. "Different tricks come naturally to gifted players and we must concentrate on developing our own natural talents rather than try and be someone else." Ronaldo was speaking in the April edition of Champions League magazine about an issue which is sure to anger some fans who will insist the Euro 2004 star was not the first to invent step-overs. The midfielder also revealed how he developed his trickery - playing street football in the alleys of his homeland. He added: "It's all down to street football. We'd eat, drink and breathe football. I always felt comfortable on the ball and have always had the belief that if you put one man or five men in front of me I could go past them all. "In Madeira we had plenty of pitches and I used to play football in every spare second with lots of children my age. "I used to invent new tricks that I could try in my next game and I still do the same thing today."

B20

Supports
Liverpool
did a thorough search on key words in the article and nothing came up.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
anyway, returning to the topic. ;)

Placcy doesn't talk half some shite, eh? :lol:

The Wizard

B9 from YAWN said:

Well I wouldn't be surprised, must be hard for the lad to learn speak English.

If only the dippers could to the same... ;)

How's that fat bastard Harry Kewell getting on over there with yous by the way?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Not really no, while his statement isn't 100% true it does hold a little bit of truth.

All I will say is that since Ronaldo signed for Man Utd, the amount of players doing stepovers (or trying in some cases) seems to have gone up. This might what he's saying.

TBH its not that important.

Looking Busy

B9 from YAWN said:

I'm still wondering why you all seem to refer to him a placcy. since Ronaldo is actually his name. It's not a shortended version of his name like the majority of Brazilians use.

sidsutton

Looking Busy said:
I'm still wondering why you all seem to refer to him a placcy. since Ronaldo is actually his name. It's not a shortended version of his name like the majority of Brazilians use.
It's the famous "scouse humour". Put on a nazi outfit, talk about the Geeeeeeeeeeermans and they'll think you're funny as feck up there.

Gabe

As long as Ronaldo doesn't get too ambitious and try copying Kewells' array of step-overs.

Big Andy

Bloke
does anybody remember Harry "Liverpool are going places" Kewell trying to do those step overs at OT last year?

fecking slow motion ones...

Big Andy

Bloke
Plechazunga said:
If I were you Andy, I'd stay well clear of threads about people trying to be Ronaldo...
hehehe

again, no picture?

everybody's slacking...

is it in the next Red Issue? Hope so...

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wasn't that originally an article of tribalbollox.com. Looks like bullshit to me.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I´m not sure if Kewell is able to do this:

Bodzilla

Ure Banned
I get the feeling that if Henry had said this there would be a few more replies to this thread then there is now.

I also get the feeling that about 0.001% of the people here would be defending him. Taking into account the 0.001% chance of error, of course! ;)

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
In fairness, that stuff about players being like artists makes him sound like a proper bellend

The articles unfair to accuse him of claiming he invented step-overs though...he never says that. He does have some tricks i haven't seen anyone else do.

But, he should shut up

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
doubt these are the original statements from ronaldo, he has been modest in every single interview after he joined united (dont know about the ones prior as i havent seen any), so why should he suddenly say something like this ?
perhaps he has said something similar, though not as much bullshit as this