Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If I remember properly in her stand off killing the Demegorgon she died, or supposedly died by overusing her telekinetic abilities.

I reckon I might do a rewatch before the new season comes out. Just bought myself a big fancy 4k TV and it’s one of the few 4k/HDR things on Netflix so decent enough excuse. I’ll get back to you in a few days, i’ll Put life on hold to binge it :lol:

Really looking forward to the 2nd season.
Do you have a home cinema speaker setup too? Sound is just as important and can really elevate the movie enjoying experience.

Andersons Dietician

Do you have a home cinema speaker setup too? Sound is just as important and can really elevate the movie enjoying experience.
Nah I’ve noticed a lot of places to a sound bar but I bought a Sony Kd-65A1 which is the one where the screen is the speaker and to be honest so far it’s been pretty incredible.

I used to have a cinema set up a few years ago but it was like 9 years old and looked a bit naff and was a DVD player. Was thinking of getting the bose soundbar and then a sub and tweeters but then I have a bunch of sonos stuff throughout the house so would be nice to get something that works with all of them and then get my echos to eventually work the Tv, lights, music, curtains and all that stuff.

So far I haven’t been allowed to really use the TV as the missus watches her stuff and I’m off in the other room watching mine. She will be forced to forget about Geordie shore, X factor and all that rubbish to concentrate on Stranger Things.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If I remember properly in her stand off killing the Demegorgon she died, or supposedly died by overusing her telekinetic abilities.

I reckon I might do a rewatch before the new season comes out. Just bought myself a big fancy 4k TV and it’s one of the few 4k/HDR things on Netflix so decent enough excuse. I’ll get back to you in a few days, i’ll Put life on hold to binge it :lol:

Really looking forward to the 2nd season.
Ah cheers. Nice setup!

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Very excited for this but I'm not feeling the vibe of a giant monster as the main threat.. Seems too difficult for the writers to juggle that with the obvious media and national attention that would have got in the country if it happened, so its really difficult to weave in whilst keeping to the main characters at play.

Can someone remind me how eleven separated from the group again? I forgot
Unless they have the monster only properly visible/tangible in the Upside Down with its effect on the real world being more supernatural.

Big Andy

Bloke
Is this out on Friday? and if so, will it be 12.01 on Friday morning, or sometime in the morning?

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Is this out on Friday? and if so, will it be 12.01 on Friday morning, or sometime in the morning?
When it’s one of their big drops like their Marvel stuff, OITNB and that they tend to go on Just after midnight I’ve found. Does seem weird with the time zones tho.

Edit:just had a look on my Netflix and they actually have a countdown clock for it so in 15 hrs so like 7am uk time.

Last edited:

Parma Dewol

Started re-watching the first series last night, in preparation for series two. It really is rather good, straight from the first episode it sets such an awesome vibe.

Andersons Dietician

@VP89 completed my task and refreshed my memory. Anyone looking in the spoiler section who hasn’t seen it you were warned as ahead contains major spoilers.
She’s pretty much on deaths door in the finale and the kids are locked in a room with the gormigon with only a catapult. She wakes up slams the fecker against a wall then she disintigrates it or breaks it down then it’s like a confetti storm and when it’s cleared she is gone

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
@VP89 completed my task and refreshed my memory. Anyone looking in the spoiler section who hasn’t seen it you were warned as ahead contains major spoilers.
She’s pretty much on deaths door in the finale and the kids are locked in a room with the gormigon with only a catapult. She wakes up slams the fecker against a wall then she disintigrates it or breaks it down then it’s like a confetti storm and when it’s cleared she is gone
Oh yes vaguely rings a bell now, nice one!

Looks like she's very much alive in season 2.. I'm going to wait until a trip to India next year to watch the whole season on the flight. Can't wait.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Oh yes vaguely rings a bell now, nice one!

Looks like she's very much alive in season 2.. I'm going to wait until a trip to India next year to watch the whole season on the flight. Can't wait.

Big Andy

Bloke
When it’s one of their big drops like their Marvel stuff, OITNB and that they tend to go on Just after midnight I’ve found. Does seem weird with the time zones tho.

Edit:just had a look on my Netflix and they actually have a countdown clock for it so in 15 hrs so like 7am uk time.
Goes live at 8am tomorrow morning...

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is going to be fantastic. With them dropping all the episodes, will just need to be careful social media doesn’t spoil anything before I get to watch all the episodes.

Zen

I haven't been spoiled on anything I didn't want to be spoiled about and I've been avoiding them for like 10+ years now.....they genuinely ain't hard to avoid, even if you watch on a massive delay.

In no rush to watch, but I'll get round to it. It's member berries at it's finest though.

Season 2

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Dropped an hour ago or so. I've requested a torrent link for E1 in the Express your utter disgust at the latest torrent file thread. So that I can report it ASAP.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The first two episodes are excellent. Not spoiling anything but yeah it lives upto season 1.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just watched the first ep. Loved it, specially the first half. Music is on point, thoroughly entertaining, and they turned the cheesiness up one notch (loved the epic foot coming out of the car). Really nicely shot too. Can't remember if the first season was done as well there.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
4 episodes in, it's fecking amazing.

The music is so good, fits perfectly with the scenes. The kids are still excellent in their roles.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Didn't even know it was out until I saw this thread.

Acquiring it now.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
On episode 7. It surprasses season 1 for me.

That kid playing Will is outstanding.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I love the theme song for this show, the analog synth sounds instantly returns me to being a kid in the 80s again.

cyberman

Is it just me or did it feel a bit too stretched out? Maybe one or two episodes?
Still a fantastic series. They say they're working towards 4 seasons so the kids could end up looking older than I do

Big Andy

Bloke
Is it just me or did it feel a bit too stretched out? Maybe one or two episodes?
Still a fantastic series. They say they're working towards 4 seasons so the kids could end up looking older than I do
The Eleven storyline wasted a full episode

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The guys that made the soundtrack are in a group called S U R V I V E
Not shouting, that's how it looks.
Cheers and thanks! I just googled them and found a live performance, they definitely use vintage analog synths. I am definitely following this group now as I love the old analog synth sounds - I used to have a few myself like the PPG Wave.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Cheers and thanks! I just googled them and found a live performance, they definitely use vintage analog synths. I am definitely following this group now as I love the old analog synth sounds - I used to have a few myself like the PPG Wave.
Yea me too. Those sounds were a major pull for me in the first season. Nothing vintage myself but have a lovely Moog here.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Finished it today. Overall thoughts

- The last 2 episodes of S2 are by far the best of the whole series. But as a whole I just about preferred S1 I think.

Some of the issues I had with S2 -

- Keeping Eleven apart from the group for so long was a mistake IMO. Should have found a way to re-integrate her back into the group much sooner.
- Idea behind the Max character was good but her and her brother's scenes were the some of the weakest of the season.
- Nancy on barb crusade didn't work for me either.
- I also hope they go into some other aspect of supernatural next season rather going back to the same well again.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
When I started watching it yesterday I was severely hungover and the theme music made me burst into tears :lol: guess I must really love the show.

Just finished it and I'm happy to say that it's pretty much on par, if not better than S1 imo. Dustin is probably my favourite person of all time.

RedRevongge

Watched five episodes and really like it.

The only odd thing is that Will doesn't feel like he belongs with the others in their friendship group. I think because he barely spent time with the other kids in the first series he feels like an outcast.

Kind of like Doug in the Hangover films.

Andersons Dietician

I think I started watching it around 9pm and next thing I knew it was 4am Saturday. It’s awesome but does have some annoying things.
Really bugged me that all that time the cop is with them whilst been hunted by Gormadogs he never thinks to mention hay so guys, 11 was with me”
Then one gets punted through a window, the locks are telepathicly opened and he is still holding a gun at the door and is surprised when L walks in. Seriously mate you’re a sheriff

new favourite friendship Dustin and Steve, thought the character Steve was pretty good this series but always gets his ass kicked