Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't watch many series but I remember the format was an episode per week. Then we started having all episodes in one day. But has any other show recently done what ST do with 2 parts in the space of a month? It seems to keep interest and engagement for a longer period. I remember everybody was talking for a few weeks about Squid games. But even judging from this thread, we have 10 pages for 4th season and 24 for 3 seasons. For sure we will have 4-5 pages till the first week of July. Though it seems that most of the pages are about 80s music and culture rather than the show per se, so I am maybe talking nonsense about engagement.
I think this is becoming a thing with Netflix and in the recent past they've all done similar with Ozark, Better Call Saul (admittedly its an AMC show), and Money Heist. The splits of the seasons may have been over two months instead of one but it does the same thing and keeps that interest and engagement alive and I think it also works out for Netflix because a viewer may not cancel their subscription after Part 1 of a season if the next part is due soon. This might be intentional to improve their quarterly MAU numbers?

led_scholes

I think this is becoming a thing with Netflix and in the recent past they've all done similar with Ozark, Better Call Saul (admittedly its an AMC show), and Money Heist. The splits of the seasons may have been over two months instead of one but it does the same thing and keeps that interest and engagement alive and I think it also works out for Netflix because a viewer may not cancel their subscription after Part 1 of a season if the next part is due soon. This might be intentional to improve their quarterly MAU numbers?
Oh OK. Interesting, I didn't know that they already split the seasons in other series. Probably they are still trying to find the golden ratio. 1 month? 2 months? Or maybe they will try to split in 3 parts, 40 days each. For me it works if it is soonish. Like if it was 3-4 months apart I would probably unsuscribe. But now, I don't bother with it.

Big Andy

Bloke
I don't watch many series but I remember the format was an episode per week. Then we started having all episodes in one day. But has any other show recently done what ST do with 2 parts in the space of a month? It seems to keep interest and engagement for a longer period. I remember everybody was talking for a few weeks about Squid games. But even judging from this thread, we have 10 pages for 4th season and 24 for 3 seasons. For sure we will have 4-5 pages till the first week of July. Though it seems that most of the pages are about 80s music and culture rather than the show per se, so I am maybe talking nonsense about engagement.
This season was split because the last 2 episodes weren’t finished but they wanted to release the first 7 as soon as they were ready.

They’ve even been making small CGI changes to the first 7 episodes even after release on Netflix

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Max was terrific this season, very well acted for the first 4 episodes. A little annoying that she then took a back seat for the remainder but I guess it needed to be the Eleven show again (sigh).

The problem I have with the show is that they keep killing off new minor characters each season to present the danger as being real and genuine. Yet when it comes down to it, there's actually very little danger in the show as plot armor means nobody is actually going to die. That's not a bad thing, but when they're pushing the horror up a level (been great this season) then it back fires a tad.

Sylar

Tomorrow...

as a reminder for all. Final two episodes (well mini movies if you wanna call it that)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Max was terrific this season, very well acted for the first 4 episodes. A little annoying that she then took a back seat for the remainder but I guess it needed to be the Eleven show again (sigh).

The problem I have with the show is that they keep killing off new minor characters each season to present the danger as being real and genuine. Yet when it comes down to it, there's actually very little danger in the show as plot armor means nobody is actually going to die. That's not a bad thing, but when they're pushing the horror up a level (been great this season) then it back fires a tad.
Yeah agree with this. Would it have made any difference to have killed off Will this season for instance? Would've improved it if anything. After being the centre of season 1 he's now easily the most expendable.

Sylar

Yeah agree with this. Would it have made any difference to have killed off Will this season for instance? Would've improved it if anything. After being the centre of season 1 he's now easily the most expendable.
Depends what his end game is. If there are any thoughts to showing him being "not will" then i guess he will play a part in the final season (even if hes been pretty useless since being rescued)

I do like the thought / theory on Jonathan suffering and it bringing out the evil in Will.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Depends what his end game is. If there are any thoughts to showing him being "not will" then i guess he will play a part in the final season (even if hes been pretty useless since being rescued)

I do like the thought / theory on Jonathan suffering and it bringing out the evil in Will.
I had to look up who Jonathan was. Damn he's another that's been given nothing this season.

acnumber9

If they’re leading up to Will be being the bad guy for the final season they’re in trouble. He’s comfortably the worst actor in the show.

Dante

Average bang
Tomorrow...

as a reminder for all. Final two episodes (well mini movies if you wanna call it that)
Episode 8 is 1 hour 25 minutes and episode 9 is 2 hours 19 minutes.

I'm not sure I'd call them mini! That's almost 4 hours between the pair of 'em.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
If they kill Steve I'm cancelling my subscription. Not to Netflix, as I use a friend's. It'll have to be Deezer or something.

Jev

If they’re leading up to Will be being the bad guy for the final season they’re in trouble. He’s comfortably the worst actor in the show.
Think he's one of the more solid OG child actors personally. Better than Lucas and Eleven certainly.

acnumber9

Think he's one of the more solid OG child actors personally. Better than Lucas and Eleven certainly.
Each to their own I suppose. I just find him unbelievable. Lucas isn’t far off as bad mind.

Jev

Each to their own I suppose. I just find him unbelievable. Lucas isn’t far off as bad mind.
I actually think Noah Schnapp is portraying Will's subtle queerness in a quite delicate way. The character has gotten boring but not due to Noah Schapp in my opinion.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think they'd be making a huuuuuge mistake killing Steve, he's by far the most popular character.

Big Andy

Bloke
Lucas has to survive purely for the “EAT SHIT” as he fires a rock from his wrist rocket at the government agents with guns :lol:

phelans shorts

I think he's a good actor but his character is a wet blanket.
If could very well be a deliberate thing to try to make him blend into the background as much as possible (if he is the bad, which I doubt personally).

As others have said, he definitely isn’t in the bottom 2 actors and at a point the kids largely just blend into one as a classic bell curve

Dante

Average bang
What I don't understand is how Steve's hair is so perfectly in place in the Upside Down. He had to swim through Lovers' Lake to get to the portal and never got the chance to use Farah Fawcett spray on his damp (not wet) hair. The lack of realism really took me out of the moment during his fight with those monster bats.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tomorrow...

Its the last 2 episodes of the season though. Another season after this.

And with a season to go, I'm not sure how wise would the decision to kill Steve be. He's by far the most popular and likeable character in the show - lead actor without being the lead actor, and I'm not sure if the kids can carry the show for another season without him, as I don't think any one of the kids or even Nancy/Will are good enough actors

Sylar

Episode 8 is 1 hour 25 minutes and episode 9 is 2 hours 19 minutes.

I'm not sure I'd call them mini! That's almost 4 hours between the pair of 'em.
Yeah that's fair :lol:
Will be good to end with almost a movie season ending. Not a bad way to do it.

I had to look up who Jonathan was. Damn he's another that's been given nothing this season.
I'll be honest. I initially put wills brother then googled it :lol:

Its the last 2 episodes of the season though. Another season after this.

And with a season to go, I'm not sure how wise would the decision to kill Steve be. He's by far the most popular and likeable character in the show - lead actor without being the lead actor, and I'm not sure if the kids can carry the show for another season without him, as I don't think any one of the kids or even Nancy/Will are good enough actors
Yep

And would be a big shout to kill a very popular character. Even if they've had it planned for a long time

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm currently shut away in my kitchen while my son watches the last 2 episodes which dropped this morning. I'm working and he's off school, so I've had to lock myself away with headphones on while he watches it in the living room. I'll watch it tonight in peace and quiet.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That was quite something, need to wrap my head around a lot of stuff

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm currently shut away in my kitchen while my son watches the last 2 episodes which dropped this morning. I'm working and he's off school, so I've had to lock myself away with headphones on while he watches it in the living room. I'll watch it tonight in peace and quiet.
Managed to make it through his watching session this morning with no spoilers, now my youngest lad is watching it, so I've had to lock myself away again. Feel like a visitor in my own house :lol:

Bed early tonight, so I can sit in peace and take it all in without the inevitable "oooh, wiat for this bit" or "You'll never guess who died" or other such bullshit that 10 year olds come up with while you're trying to concentrate.