Television Stranger Things (Netflix Original) | CONTAINS SPOILERS

reelworld

I'm going to do a re-watch of the last 2 episodes over the next couple of nights so I can take it all in a bit better. Then I'll forget all about it for a couple of years until I do a re-watch from start to finish before S5 comes out.
Yeha, I've been planning to watch the last 2 eps too. Probably gonna do it this weekend

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still think Steve and Nancy is going to happen. Sorry, Jonathan.

Max was the standout this season.

Mike is annoying.

Steve, Nancy and Robin were great.

I liked Dustin and Eddie. It's tough for a new character to get introduced so late in a series but Eddie was great.

Agree. That was a lovely scene. He needs to lose the bowl cut though.
One of Jonathan or Steve will die. I feel when Will is unveiled as the "Earth form" of Vecna or something like that, Jonathan will try to fight Will to bring him back and likely die

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm going to go left field with my prediction that season 5 is going to be a few of decades into the future and the current cast are going to be re-cast, minor Hopper and a few other oldies.
I'm drunk.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm going to go left field with my prediction that season 5 is going to be a few of decades into the future and the current cast are going to be re-cast, minor Hopper and a few other oldies.
I'm drunk.
70 year old Steve but he still has that perfect hair, only it's silver.

Roosney

I started watching it late yesterday and couldn't stop till 4:30 in the morning just to wakeafter 4 hours and imidiately watch it till the end. It's simply that great. On the level of thw first season and exactly what we needed after to be fair a bad third season.
LSD is a helluva drug.

I think season 3 had some bad and cheesy stuff in there yeah but at least they put some effort and time in it. This season it's plastic looking Crash Bandicoot bats and goofy stoners.

Swedish_Plumber

It was probably the strongest season overall but felt the last episode was a tad predictable.

I think the show needs to remain as dark going into 5 but do something different. Too many shows have the good guys winning without any real and lasting harm their way.

Adamsk7

Personally I loved this season but felt the wheels very slightly start to loosen in the last two episodes, stand out moments aside. We have to remember that we are so spoiled with incredible TV so I am happy to cut a show with this budget and talent behind it some slack from time to time.
Season 5 will be so interesting. Most of the “secrets” of the show are revealed now so I reckon it’ll be a more present day focused narrative. I think Will is going to turn evil though.

jeff_goldblum

I don't know if it was what the creators wanted or what Netflix wanted, but I think this season really suffered from the amount of runtime it was given. There simply wasn't enough story to fill 13 hours and the stuff they padded it out with wasn't good. Fluff has its place and some of the fluff was fine, but a lot of it was boring and pointless, or actively bad and pointless. I honestly think that you could cut 5 hours off it and be left with a much better show.

I think some of it is just the challenge of having a big cast of characters people expect to see a lot of in a small-town setting where you have to come up with plot reasons to justify why the same people don't always band together (e.g - X and Y have moved to California, Z is visiting and A has gone to Russia to break B out of a gulag). But some of it is just bad writing and bad storytelling. Padding scenes out with shitloads of CGI or with moments where characters in life-threatening situations inexplicably lose all sense of urgency and start doing things incredibly slowly is never good.

I also think an issue with this season is that suffers from a confused tone (even more so than S3). It want to be quite deep with dark themes and hard-hitting, emotional moments, but it also wants to be an action-comedy where every other scene has a line which feels like it was written to be in the trailer of a Schwarzenegger film. There's something jarring about being confronted with a super serious emotional beat right after you've just seen a character pause to deliver a quip whilst their friend is being strangled by a tentacle and eaten alive by undead bats.

youngrell

Finished it last night and thought it was pretty epic. I understand the complaints about some scenes, it seems to be a script issue more than anything, some lines do not land at all but others land perfectly so it could just be the actors delivering them.

Overall though, immense fun and I don't think it should be taken so seriously.

I think they should have just let Max die in that scene. My Mrs was balling watching it so it certainly hit the the right buttons (I thought Lucas was very good in that scene). I don't see the point in her surviving, especially if she is going to remain comatose or blind.

Ekeke

7/10 for me overall this season. Just a normal fairly good show with some silly bits that hold it back

Cast bloat a massive problem. Next season they'll split into 8 teams of 4 people to attack different inanimate objects that they say are somehow connected to Vecnir. Stupid, lazy and makes individual character have about 3 lines for every 2 episodes and 1 slight character development all season instead of seeming like a real person

The Eddie scene where hundreds or thousands of demon bats are flying around him and not attacking after chasing him, or attacking 1 by 1 was pathetic. Couldnt have been any worse.

Big Andy

Bloke
Finished it last night and thought it was pretty epic. I understand the complaints about some scenes, it seems to be a script issue more than anything, some lines do not land at all but others land perfectly so it could just be the actors delivering them.

Overall though, immense fun and I don't think it should be taken so seriously.

I think they should have just let Max die in that scene. My Mrs was balling watching it so it certainly hit the the right buttons (I thought Lucas was very good in that scene). I don't see the point in her surviving, especially if she is going to remain comatose or blind.
I think Max will be blind but will be able to see through Vecna’s eyes in certain things, ending up in becoming key to finishing him off

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
BASTARDS KILLED EDDIE FOR feckSAKE

Sylar

I think Max will be blind but will be able to see through Vecna’s eyes in certain things, ending up in becoming key to finishing him off
Yeah agreed. Gotta wait to see what happens before we say something is pointless (there might actually be a purpose)

Big Andy

Bloke
Read a theory about One/Henry/Vecna being Eleven’s dad before…

The theory claim that Brenner wanted to create a child with stronger powers, so he waited until One was old enough to become a father.

The hosts explain, "The theory is that Brenner knew that none of the kids, numbers Two through Ten, were as strong as number One. So, Dr. Brenner waited for One to get older to make him breed with Terry Ives to create Eleven

Eleven's mum, Terry Ives, joined the MKUltra experiments at Hawkins Lab in 1969. Eleven was then born in 1971, which suggests that her mother became pregnant during the experiments, around 1970. Then, the theory takes us back to 1959, when One (aka Vecna) was shown to be 12 years old - making him around 24 in 1971 when Eleven was born

Moby

Dick
Gotta say the Aftermath was excellently done. Glad they kept a good few minutes to let us soak everything in, and the reunions were really nice. And Dustin's conversation with Eddie's uncle as well was class. Finally that opening theme BGM right at the end setting up the last season.

These writers are really good when it comes to horror/suspense sequences. Probably a little rough when it comes to nailing slow paced sequences and those conversations between Mike/Will/Eleven didn't really land well. Which is why it was refreshing to see that work well during the aftermath.

Heardy

Read a theory about One/Henry/Vecna being Eleven’s dad before…

The theory claim that Brenner wanted to create a child with stronger powers, so he waited until One was old enough to become a father.

The hosts explain, "The theory is that Brenner knew that none of the kids, numbers Two through Ten, were as strong as number One. So, Dr. Brenner waited for One to get older to make him breed with Terry Ives to create Eleven

Eleven's mum, Terry Ives, joined the MKUltra experiments at Hawkins Lab in 1969. Eleven was then born in 1971, which suggests that her mother became pregnant during the experiments, around 1970. Then, the theory takes us back to 1959, when One (aka Vecna) was shown to be 12 years old - making him around 24 in 1971 when Eleven was born
Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if they look to cover off more of Eleven's "origin story" as they wrap things up.

Zen86

Was entertaining enough if not a bit self-indulgent. They really need to trim the cast down, too many characters have been marginalised and seem to be there for the sake of it.

There’s very little intrigue left and it’s become a bit formulaic. The first season is still by far the best for me.

Roosney

Oh and also, you have to be utterly miserable to be hating on a character like Argyle.
Argyle is a shit character. Shit, shit shit shit character. Very much so. Utterly shit, unbelievably shit. I hate that character very much because he is shit. Miserably shitty character that.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Argyle is a shit character. Shit, shit shit shit character. Very much so. Utterly shit, unbelievably shit. I hate that character very much because he is shit. Miserably shitty character that.
He makes me laugh my dude.

Ekeke

Like it or not, Game of Thrones changed a lot of people's perception of what a good TV series is.
It has absolutely nothing to do with Game of Thrones. Nobody is asking them to kill off a main character out of almost nowhere every 4 or 5 episodes

We're talking about a show with horror elements being 4 seasons in and having a huge cast where even if a character "dies" they tend to be revealed to have survived later on. Or an enemy pretends to be them so they still get a cameo.

4 seasons in the books and next to no threat or peril to main characters. So why care? For example Max. I laughed when she survived because its so stranger things to build these things up and then let the air out with a fart. What the fanboys are missing is that a death of an important character leads to big character development for several other characters. The kids have to grow up faster.

Will be more of the same shit next time just keeping it as a good/above average show instead of something great which it could be. The characters will start playing a new sport or listening to different music. Amazing character development from 3 seasons ago

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Peaked at episode 4 but the last 2 episodes were excellent. I think some people are missing the ironic nostalgic intentions. I am loving it and can't wait for the final series.