Straylan and Kiwi politics

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Talk of NSW international travel opening up again with maybe only 10 days quarantine for vaccinated people. If that is home quarantine then just maybe we may get my son home for Christmas. Mustn't get hopes up of course but hard not to after not seeing him for 2 years by then.
Just saw on our news some mention of Aussie vaccination digital passports allowing Aussies overseas to return home. Fingers crossed this means your son gets home for Xmas.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just saw on our news some mention of Aussie vaccination digital passports allowing Aussies overseas to return home. Fingers crossed this means your son gets home for Xmas.
We will be getting a vaccine passport in the next few weeks. I think NSW will start opening up in about a month's time and you will require one to go to pubs, restaurants and hairdressers etc.

#scottyfrommarketing is suggesting that for vaccinated Aussies returning from overseas will maybe only have to do 10 days of home quarantine. We will see.

If that were the case we might get him home for Christmas as 14 days hotel quarantine would make it unworkable as he only gets 3 weeks off. Take off 4 days for travel to/from airports and actual travel then he would only have 3 days of real holiday. Not to mention the huge cost of hotel quarantine even assuming there was space.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW

• Schools to reopen in 25th October
  • Lockdowns to be relaxed to some degree the Monday after we hit 70% of over 16's fully vaccinated.
Not many specifics other than,
  • 5 visitors at home allowed.
  • Shops will open with density limits.
  • Gyms will open with up to 20 people only.
Funny how it needs to be announced the day after documents obtained by FOI application show how badly the Libs fecked up buying Pfizer, even when Pfizer asked them if they wanted to order as we were already behind most other developed nation in the queue. We then snubbed them with Health Minister Greg Hunt (by name and nature) refusing to meet them and sending some junior flunky instead.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW - 1542 - a new record. 9 deaths almost evenly spread from people in their 30's to 80's.
VIC - 334
ACT - 24
QLD - 1

Last edited:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Gladys has pretty much just accepted she doesn’t care anymore by no longer holding press conferences.

You properly fecked this one luv with your dumb feck “boss”.

If labour can be somewhat competent it’s going to be a fecking landslide next election.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Gladys has pretty much just accepted she doesn’t care anymore by no longer holding press conferences.

You properly fecked this one luv with your dumb feck “boss”.

If labour can be somewhat competent it’s going to be a fecking landslide next election.
But it should have been last time as #scottyfrommarketing was hugely and obviously incompetent then.

Last edited:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
So it appears Scotty from marketing went to the fecking media over Dan Andrews when annoucing extra doses to Victoria.

As crap as Trump and Bojo are they are miles ahead over this fecking deadshit

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
So it appears Scotty from marketing went to the fecking media over Dan Andrews when annoucing extra doses to Victoria.

As crap as Trump and Bojo are they are miles ahead over this fecking deadshit
My cat leaves things in her litter tray that are better leaders than #scottyfrommarketing

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW - 1257
VIC - 473 which isn't looking good at all.
QLD - 2 (both in hotel quarantine - arrivals from overseas)

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
saw that NZ cases are trending down (within a week!) while Aus are very definitely not.
is NZ more vaccinated, or was their lockdown stricter?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
saw that NZ cases are trending down (within a week!) while Aus are very definitely not.
is NZ more vaccinated, or was their lockdown stricter?
NZ are far less vaccinated. Their lockdown was stricter but more importantly they locked down fast enough. NSW took 7 or 8 weeks to lock down properly by which time there was no putting the genie back in the bottle due to sheer infection numbers, allowing it to spread into regional areas (and interstate) and allowing it to get a foothold in poorer and more densely populated areas of Sydney.

Stack

NZ cases up to 33 today, apparently its due to contact tracing catching up or something. Its a slippery version Delta, Im expecting Auckland to have 2 more weeks at level 4 but the South Island might soon drop to level 1.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 1259
VIC 423

NSW has passed 80% first dose vaccination for the over 16's

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Good news but I’m weary that testing and further first dose vaccinations after this point will be limited because of feck nuckles and too bad too sad approach from the gremlin.
Hopefully the vaccine passport will get us over 90%. If #scottyfrommarketing wasn't MIA as usual he might just introduce federal measures to strongly encourage uptake. Silly idea of course as he doesn't like actually doing anything.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I've stopped looking at our case numbers here in Melbourne. Makes for depressing reading. I just hope we keep it under 1k until we hit that 80% vaccine milestone.

InfiniteBoredom

VIC feels eerily similar to NSW weeks back, if it breaks 700 in the next week then pretty much guaranteed to be in a similar boat by October.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Apparently the deal for French subs that we just binned has already cost $2.4 billion

Tony Babangida

Talk of NSW international travel opening up again with maybe only 10 days quarantine for vaccinated people. If that is home quarantine then just maybe we may get my son home for Christmas. Mustn't get hopes up of course but hard not to after not seeing him for 2 years by then.
Hope you can mate. I have a small amount of hope that I can get back to the UK for Christmas.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Hope you can mate. I have a small amount of hope that I can get back to the UK for Christmas.
The trouble for us is that if 19th December is the date that regular flights to the US start again (as per the QANTAS announcement) then that is too late for him as he starts Uni again in early Jan. We would need a flight about 10 days earlier from LA to make it worthwhile. I suppose we might just be able to get out and have a family Christmas in Austin TX as my SIL is there at the moment.

I hope you can get back to see family. It might be worth trying to book one of the announced QANTAs flights if you can.

Last edited:

Stack

If Australia wasnt already a target if China went rogue then Australia sure as hell is now. Given how shakey the whole Taiwan situation is becoming I cant imagine that many in Aussie can be feeling all that secure. There has been a slow but steady increase in pressure with the whole Taiwan situation, it feels like an inevitability to me that we will see some sort of crisis or even conflict there.
Its almost as though the world is sleep walking towards a conflict. This is just another little bit of pressure added to an increasingly problematic situation.
Unfortunately this in real terms means we here in NZ will be dragged into this if the shit hits the fan. If anyone is deluded enough to think this adds protection from a nuclear strike possibility then they need to do some serious reading about Stanislav Petrov

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If Australia wasnt already a target if China went rogue then Australia sure as hell is now. Given how shakey the whole Taiwan situation is becoming I cant imagine that many in Aussie can be feeling all that secure. There has been a slow but steady increase in pressure with the whole Taiwan situation, it feels like an inevitability to me that we will see some sort of crisis or even conflict there.
Its almost as though the world is sleep walking towards a conflict. This is just another little bit of pressure added to an increasingly problematic situation.
Unfortunately this in real terms means we here in NZ will be dragged into this if the shit hits the fan. If anyone is deluded enough to think this adds protection from a nuclear strike possibility then they need to do some serious reading about Stanislav Petrov
Not like they are armed with nukes so I'm not sure how beneficially having subs that can stay under longer matters and since we won't have one operational until some time in the 2030's (or even 2040) it seems to be more about putting pressure on China to ????? than anything else. #thatblokedownunderfromarketing probably thinks it might help him get elected.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Not like they are armed with nukes so I'm not sure how beneficially having subs that can stay under longer matters and since we won't have one operational until some time in the 2030's (or even 2040) it seems to be more about putting pressure on China to ????? than anything else. #thatblokedownunderfromarketing probably thinks it might help him get elected.
While scotty tries to project power, himself and a lot of libs and nats have been selling farms, water, infrastructure too china, Federally we are still signed to the belt road deal, not to mention letting chinese cirizens money launder via our property.

Scotty might have some serious small or defective dick syndrome

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
While scotty tries to project power, himself and a lot of libs and nats have been selling farms, water, infrastructure too china, Federally we are still signed to the belt road deal, not to mention letting chinese cirizens money launder via our property.

Scotty might have some serious small or defective dick syndrome
Might?