Straylan and Kiwi politics

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The pictures of the violent protests in Melbourne make my blood boil. I hope the lot of them end up in prison.

foolsgold

The pictures of the violent protests in Melbourne make my blood boil. I hope the lot of them end up in prison.
Was it particularly violent ? Didn't seem to be from the posted video. The thing that struck me about the protestors was how young most of them were.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Was it particularly violent ? Didn't seem to be from the posted video. The thing that struck me about the protestors was how young most of them were.
We had 9 police officers hospitalised. Even without violence I'd arrest and imprisonment the fecking lot of them.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
On the lighter side a legend is born. Ken Berhans. An ABC contractor was making the closed captions of the ACT's daily Covid report. He used voice to text software for speed then fixed up the typos. Except 1. Instead of the collective name for people who live in Canberra, Canberrans, the software changed it to Ken Berhans. We then had the health minister then being shown as saying things like "I'd like to thank Ken Berhans for doing the right thing". Bored or just slightly giddy from being locked down Canberra threw itself enthusiastically into the legend of Ken Berhans. ACT Health telling people to follow Ken Berhan's. ACT Police tweeting,

I am staying at home.
I am only leaving home for essential reasons.
I am wearing a mask whenever I go outside.
I am, Ken Behrens.
example and get vaccinated #kenberhans.

And the Canberra Raiders NRL team changed their name on social media to the Ken Berhans Raiders

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08...lHMHEVSbUzbGwfPnzdpdnOHUvC29-cNIberLT9Vsdtd_I

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
818 new cases in NSW from 160k tests (a massive effort as we were struggling to get over 100k per day until recently). Shit but slightly better.
Victoria 71 new cases which is worrying.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
818 new cases in NSW from 160k tests (a massive effort as we were struggling to get over 100k per day until recently). Shit but slightly better.
Victoria 71 new cases which is worrying.
Keep the testing up and things will improve. Is that 160k tests to find 818 cases? Hopefully the new cases start to drop away soon.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Keep the testing up and things will improve. Is that 160k tests to find 818 cases? Hopefully the new cases start to drop away soon.
I'd guess that we had 160k tests returning results yesterday that found 818 cases as the number of tests was over 300K. We have done between 119k and 303k tests per day since Aug 11th which is an amazing number as 300k is 3.7% of the entire population of NSW.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 753 cases (slightly better)
ACT 30 cases
Vic TBA
QLD 2 new cases
NT TBA

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
919 in NSW -shit but not unexpected as the harsher lockdown will take some time to work through into the numbers (and may not bring them down but just make them less shit than they would be otherwise).
45 in Victoria and the majority traced which is looking better.
9 in ACT
Other states and territories TBA

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah Covid isn't going back in the box. Let's hope we can hit that mid November 80% target.
I'm hoping the other states can get back to zero but I think that boat has sailed in NSW when Gladys didn't lock down properly for nearly 2 months. I also hope we can get younger kids immunised when Pfizer get their phase 3 trials back soon.

WPMUFC

All this talk about "numbers aren't important", have any of the lunatic liberals seen the triage starting at hospitals?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah Covid isn't going back in the box. Let's hope we can hit that mid November 80% target.
The problem is that 80% of adults is less than 70% of the population so not even close to HIT (which may well be 90%+ of the entire population given Delta and the vaccines not being sterilising) so full opening up won't be possible.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
1218 new cases in NSW
92 in Victoria

Surely Gladys is going to do a proper lockdown now instead of opening up?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
1218 new cases in NSW
92 in Victoria

Surely Gladys is going to do a proper lockdown now instead of opening up?
It’s done Wibble. There’s no comeback from this.

It’s just going to be a case of survival of the fittest in western Sydney.

Watch a number of the affluent “areas of concern” come out of it and the rest of Sydney start to open up. There will be a ring of steel but it will be around those large case number suburbs only.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I think NSW has no chance of eliminating again. Thanks Gladys.

All others states and territories might.

Stack

I think NSW has no chance of eliminating again. Thanks Gladys.

All others states and territories might.
If the other states succeed in eliminating it will that mean NSW will have to operate like an island with some sort of quarantine system and a vaccine passport type thing for the fkow of Aussies in and out of NSW?

Tony Babangida

Vic might but I think it will just keeping coming back from NSW. The zero covid era is over for most of Aus imo.

Stack

Vic might but I think it will just keeping coming back from NSW. The zero covid era is over for most of Aus imo.
I guess the most important thing now is to get as many vaccinated as possible as quickly as possible. The faster you guys can get to 80% the quicker restrictions can be reduced. Whats the timeline for that? 8-12 weeks?

Tony Babangida

I guess the most important thing now is to get as many vaccinated as possible as quickly as possible. The faster you guys can get to 80% the quicker restrictions can be reduced. Whats the timeline for that? 8-12 weeks?
Yeah, supposedly mid November for 80%. I hope we can do it.

Stack

Here in NZ we have had our first confirmed vaccination death. We are using the Pfizer vaccine. So far we have just over 1 million people who are fully vaccinated with 2 doses of the vaccine. We have had 3 million people who have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine.
We have had in total 3464 cases of Covid and that has given us 26 deaths in total.
Get vaccinated people, the numbers paint a very clear picture.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Here in NZ we have had our first confirmed vaccination death. We are using the Pfizer vaccine. So far we have just over 1 million people who are fully vaccinated with 2 doses of the vaccine. We have had 3 million people who have had at least 1 dose of the vaccine.
We have had in total 3464 cases of Covid and that has given us 26 deaths in total.
Get vaccinated people, the numbers paint a very clear picture.
Death from Pfizer? What was the cause? Anaphylaxis?