Straylan and Kiwi politics

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I just took my dog for a walk. Foot traffic in the local park was down massively. Long may it continue.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I just took my dog for a walk. Foot traffic in the local park was down massively. Long may it continue.
Same at centennial this morning when I did my cycling laps. I just fit under the 5km limit but it was remarkable how much less foot traffic was around.

riding around bay run on Thursday morning so will be interesting to see numbers there. Honestly surprised case numbers there are not super high given the level of fecktards that walk around there in massive groups with little consideration for anybody else.

since lockdown last year it became pretty much impossible to cycle there with arse hats walking all over the cycle path

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
riding around bay run on Thursday morning so will be interesting to see numbers there. Honestly surprised case numbers there are not super high given the level of fecktards that walk around there in massive groups with little consideration for anybody else.

since lockdown last year it became pretty much impossible to cycle there with arse hats walking all over the cycle path
We take the dog to Callan Park and usually cross the Bay Run to go to the (unofficial) dog beach and traffic on the Bay Run also looked down when we passed it on our walk yesterday.

I used to cycle the bay run when I actually cycled to work but I haven't been there since covid for the reasons you state. My wife avoids running there as well now. feckwits everywhere.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 452 new cases - 70% are under 40. In the regions 40% are kids. At least 20 Sydney schools are closed due to outbreaks. It is clear that younger people and children are far more vulnerable to Delta tha other variants as the demographics of current infections can't be wholly explained by us vaccinating relatively more older people.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Looking at the map of vaccination rate by postcode in Sydney there is a correlation between outbreak numbers and local vaccination rates. I'd say vaccine reluctance and high population density are combining in some, if not all, of the worst outbreak areas. Fingers crossed the reduced 5km limit will help.

mariachi-19

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Note that he’s now at the point where only non-reputable law firms are willing to engage with him.

Apparently he considers himself a Trump like and tries to tell law firms how to do their job and refuses to pay them if he loses. Nobody will touch him because of it.
Really wish he would just piss off. Can't see him being able to ever visit WA without getting abused

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Positive community covid case reported in NZ here today. If they cant trace its origins quickly im expecting Auckland goes straight to level 4 lockdown by weekend.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Same at centennial this morning when I did my cycling laps. I just fit under the 5km limit but it was remarkable how much less foot traffic was around.
Ah man that’s made me all nostalgic. I lived in Randwick for 3 months when we were travelling in Australia and spent a lot of our down time that wasn’t on the beach in Centennial Park.

Red Stone

Level 4 here for 3 days from midnight tonight. No fecking around, jumping on it hard right away
7 days for Auckland and Coromandel. Very no-nonsense, and the vaccine rollout hasn't changed protocol at all. Hopefully it gets stamped out as quickly as the last few scares.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
633 NSW cases - feck

Over 400 people found not to be isolating when they should be the fecking twats. The more severe lock down might well help over the next few weeks but it doesn't take many dickheads to feck over the rest of us.

InfiniteBoredom

We just have to accept it at this point that NSW is FUBAR, and can only get better with vaccination. 2 further week of hard lockdown in VIC as well so worst case scenario is some people will get fed up and breach restrictions, prolonging/worsening the outbreak.

All of this because fecking Libs couldn’t get their own house in order. Unbelievable. Meanwhile everyday Murdoch ghouls on Sky continue on bashing restrictions, stoking the trash on even more.

mariachi-19

We just have to accept it at this point that NSW is FUBAR, and can only get better with vaccination. 2 further week of hard lockdown in VIC as well so worst case scenario is some people will get fed up and breach restrictions, prolonging/worsening the outbreak.

All of this because fecking Libs couldn’t get their own house in order. Unbelievable. Meanwhile everyday Murdoch ghouls on Sky continue on bashing restrictions, stoking the trash on even more.
I get this impression as well.

Who gives a feck about numbers, it’s just all about getting vaccinations.

the next step is withholding pensions and unemployment unless you get vaccinated.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I get this impression as well.

Who gives a feck about numbers, it’s just all about getting vaccinations.

the next step is withholding pensions and unemployment unless you get vaccinated.
Plus
  • Legislate to make it clearly legal to require vaccination to continue to be employed/employed
  • 1% medicare levy increase if you or any of your kids aren't fully vaccinated (all approved vaccines) - feck you Byron Bay you entitled naturopathic cockwombles
  • Restrictions on school/childcare/Uni enrolment
  • COVID passport required for entry to restaurants, bars, sporting events etc
  • Restricted or banned interstate and international travel without vaccination
  • Compulsory tattooing of FREE DUMB - COVIDIOT on antivaxxers' foreheads.

One of those might be going a bit far

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Although things could get much much worse without strict lockdowns as vacciantion can't happen that quickly because #scottyfrommarketing forgot to get his Coles Online vaccine order in in time.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 681 new cases today - double feck. Going to get worse before it gets better with compliance being a continuing problem.

Tony Babangida

Gladys and the libs have squandered the good position that Aus was in. NSW and maybe Vic ae never going back to zero covid at this rate. It had to happen at some point but vaccination numbers should be so much higher by now. The complacency of the "It's not a race" PM and absolute failure to encourage vaccination with AZ makes my blood boil. 200 days and counting of Melbourne lockdown now.

mariachi-19

We take the dog to Callan Park and usually cross the Bay Run to go to the (unofficial) dog beach and traffic on the Bay Run also looked down when we passed it on our walk yesterday.

I used to cycle the bay run when I actually cycled to work but I haven't been there since covid for the reasons you state. My wife avoids running there as well now. feckwits everywhere.
Still a few dickheads around but it was incredibly quiet today on the Bay Run…it was like it was pre covid.

Which tells me that there were a lot of people coming to the bay run from outer inner west suburbs or lockdown lga’s…. Which is incredibly concerning.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Which tells me that there were a lot of people coming to the bay run from outer inner west suburbs or lockdown lga’s…. Which is incredibly concerning.
There were for sure. And the demographics of those you see has also changed which suggests the same. Car parks are also virtually empty.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Gladys and the libs have squandered the good position that Aus was in. NSW and maybe Vic ae never going back to zero covid at this rate. It had to happen at some point but vaccination numbers should be so much higher by now. The complacency of the "It's not a race" PM and absolute failure to encourage vaccination with AZ makes my blood boil. 200 days and counting of Melbourne lockdown now.
Totally agree. #scottyfrommarketing has fecked us all the way through particularly with criminally complacent vaccine procurement. Gladys was doing OK for a Liberal but has utterly shit the bed in the last 8 weeks. Being able to control a non-Delta outbreak in somewhere so compliant and sparsely populated as the North Shore made her over-confident and it never occurred to her that if Delta got into the West/South West it would be totally different. I can't imagine the health advice didn't point this out but was (and is being) ignored.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
644 new NSW cases which is very slightly better but still shit. Sydney lockdown has been extended to the end of September and curfews and limited exercise time has been introduced in the 12 worst affected LGA's to limited movement further due to non-compliance.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
It is astounding that the sheer incompetence and stupidity of the Australian Federal govenment that they managed to blow away the advantage being a giant island in a pandemic.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is astounding that the sheer incompetence and stupidity of the Australian Federal govenment that they managed to blow away the advantage being a giant island in a pandemic.
#scottyfrommarketing and his evil clown collective have fecked up every major item they have overseen. Until Gladys went too light with the last lochdown it was the state premiers that were doing the hard lifting.

And even in NSW things could have been far worse (even if should have been far better).

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...t-as-cases-rise-but-nsw-is-controlling-delta?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
On a personal note we said hello to our neighbours this am and noted we hadn't seen them for a while. Turns out they have had covid and been in hotel quarantine for 21 days. I think one of them is a nurse and presumably had to quarantine as a close contact of a patient then tested positive after a week and then had to quarantine for another 14 days. No idea if they were both wholly or partially immunised.

WPMUFC

#scottyfrommarketing and his evil clown collective have fecked up every major item they have overseen. Until Gladys went too light with the last lochdown it was the state premiers that were doing the hard lifting.

And even in NSW things could have been far worse (even if should have been far better).

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...t-as-cases-rise-but-nsw-is-controlling-delta?
Despite Labor backtracking from some very good policies, which i hope they will implement if/when in government, Labor are in a very good position right now by just letting him feck up. As much as I hate it to my core, the "quiet/lack of policy announcement" strategy is moving the polls.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Despite Labor backtracking from some very good policies, which i hope they will implement if/when in government, Labor are in a very good position right now by just letting him feck up. As much as I hate it to my core, the "quiet/lack of policy announcement" strategy is moving the polls.
I so hope we can get rid of these clowns.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
825 new cases in NSW and Victoria have extended their lockdown state wide as cases grow to over 60 today, 16 of which were outside Melbourne.

Even though we still have the effects of 2 strengthening of the lockdown in NSW to fully reflect in the daily numbers it looks to me like Gladys missed the boat by weeks and now it is just about trying to get daily numbers under 4/500 until we get our vaccine % up significantly.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The increases seems to be at least partly driven by non-compliance in a few LGA's where there are lots of multigenerational households and compliance with non-mingling of households regulations is relatively poor. Last figures I saw 70% of infections were domestic in nature. The curfew is aimed at reducing these breeches.

mariachi-19

644 new NSW cases which is very slightly better but still shit. Sydney lockdown has been extended to the end of September and curfews and limited exercise time has been introduced in the 12 worst affected LGA's to limited movement further due to non-compliance.

The increases seems to be at least partly driven by non-compliance in a few LGA's where there are lots of multigenerational households and compliance with non-mingling of households regulations is relatively poor. Last figures I saw 70% of infections were domestic in nature. The curfew is aimed at reducing these breeches.
Shits me off about fecking journalists asking why the current lock down restrictions are not Sydney wide.

They’re not Sydney wide because the vast majority of the city can fecking do the right thing.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao

I am convinced we have not had a federal govenment since the bushfires, The Morrison govenment will go down as our worst, most stupid and vile.

fecking dumb cnuts the lot of them.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I hope they
The protests are back. :rolleyes:
I hope they arrest and charge the fecking lot of them. They caught one of the ringleaders illegally travelling interstate heading for Sydney a couple of days ago and he got away with an 8 month prison sentence (will be out in 3).

Last edited: