Straylan and Kiwi politics

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
291 new cases in NSW with at least 50 infectious in the community. Elsewhere seems to be under control.

And covidiot of the day goes to some bloke in Newcastle who texted his boss saying he had tested positive to get a day off. When the business when into lockdown, staff isolation and deep clean etc he came clean and has now beenarrested and charged.
What a moron. You got to be a special kind of stupid not to realise that would happen. I'm guessing he might have a lot more days off in the near future...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
329 in NSW
29 in Vic
13 in Qld

Poor compliance with public health orders in SW and W Sydney seem to be one driver. Congregating illegally when shopping, getting g takeout or "exercising".

Newcastle outbreak was caused by outside transmission at a beach party.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW 262 new cases with at least 50 infectious in the community and probably more under investigation. Better but not great and we are in danger of outbreaks of size in regional NSW.

The other states have improved so NSW still the big concern.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
283 NSW cases from a record 131,000 tests. 64 infectious in the community and 71 still under investigation.

Most LGA's are doing well but Canterbury-Bankstown still doing badly. It seems to be driven by relatively poor compliance with health orders in a few ethnic minority group and probably one in particular - so this could get ugly.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
283 NSW cases from a record 131,000 tests. 64 infectious in the community and 71 still under investigation.

Most LGA's are doing well but Canterbury-Bankstown still doing badly. It seems to be driven by relatively poor compliance with health orders in a few ethnic minority group and probably one in particular - so this could get ugly.
Unfortunately from my experience having worked for certain ethnic groups, some only care about one person and one person only. To the point where they will happily shit on their own family to get ahead in life which I have seen them do in a sworn affidavit. It is not surprising me what so ever.

If it continues though what they’re not going to like is a ring of steel being put around their suburb while the rest of Sydney gets on with life…

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another day, another 360 cases, another growing cluster in Canterbury Bankstown.

At some point they’re going to have to block off the LGA
They came close to naming and shaming the ethnic minority that we all know are a significant driver of the outbreak in that LGA. It won't be long and then that could get very ugly.

mariachi-19

They came close to naming and shaming the ethnic minority that we all know are a significant driver of the outbreak in that LGA. It won't be long and then that could get very ugly.
They shouldn’t. There’s already enough animosity that may spill over and then we have 2002 all over again.

Rather than name and shame the minority, shut the whole thing down.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
@Wibble saw increased numbers in inner west near the borders to those other areas. Hopefully inner west stabilises.
Fingers crossed.

344 new cases today but impossible to know if that is a good or bad outcome. Spread into regional areas are a worry.

iKnowNothing

Can Australia sustain this strict lockdown? As days go by, I’m getting a feeling that zero covid is a pipe dream. Vaccinate people and try to keep mass gatherings (or large gatherings) on hold is the only way out.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Can Australia sustain this strict lockdown? As days go by, I’m getting a feeling that zero covid is a pipe dream. Vaccinate people and try to keep mass gatherings (or large gatherings) on hold is the only way out.
Australia has reached Zero Covid numerous times, its just the federal govenment failed to build dedicated faculties and generally abandoned their duties in favour of pork barrelling during the biggest crisis since world war 2

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
And in NSW the lockdown isn't that severe. Apart from going out to pubs and restaurants I can do almost everything else in one form or another. We need a full statewide lockdown woth a ring of steel around Sydney to get on top of this one but Gladys won't do that I fear so we may have seen the last of zero cases in NSW at least.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
345 cases today so at least not getting worse.

2 deaths of people in their 90's one of which is the first death (or hospitalisation I believe) of someone who had had both shots although I have no idea how long after the second shot they became infected.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
390 cases today with some worrying outbreaks in regional towns like Dubbo and the ACT. At least 60 infectious in the community but I'd guess much higher once all tracing occurs.

Not good at all and you wonder how much longer Gladys can resist a proper lockdown.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
390 cases today with some worrying outbreaks in regional towns like Dubbo and the ACT. At least 60 infectious in the community but I'd guess much higher once all tracing occurs.

Not good at all and you wonder how much longer Gladys can resist a proper lockdown.
Why the hell didnt she use a proper lockdown to begin with? You would be out of this by now if she had.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Why the hell didnt she use a proper lockdown to begin with? You would be out of this by now if she had.
Didn't want to damage the economy too much was the main motivation (how is that going Gladys?) but she also didn't want to upset #scottyfrommarketing too much. The NSW Libs will moan about vaccine supply but when push comes to shive the are Libs at heart.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Didn't want to damage the economy too much was the main motivation (how is that going Gladys?) but she also didn't want to upset #scottyfrommarketing too much. The NSW Libs will moan about vaccine supply but when push comes to shive the are Libs at heart.
Its an interesting thing the whole protect the economy thing. the way it worked here has shown pretty clearly that protecting people first means the economy can flourish faster than the whole putting business first thing. I really hope you guys can get this under control by xmas, Im pretty keen to get over to Aussie for a holiday after Xmas.

WPMUFC

466 cases in NSW today - feck.
they've completely lost control. No one will say it but the testing and the daily updates are now just performance theatre and their entire plan is to just keep the performance going until vaccinations hit a threshold.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
they've completely lost control. No one will say it but the testing and the daily updates are now just performance theatre and their entire plan is to just keep the performance going until vaccinations hit a threshold.
Although I think it isn't working how they hoped. I think thevplan was keep it to 2-300 cases a day and vaccinate fast. If they had put a "ring of steel" around Sydney they may just have got away with itbut they missed the key message that cellularising outbreaks works very well.

Harder restrictions from Sunday night but maybe too little to late. Why are right-wingers such idiots?

mariachi-19

Although I think it isn't working how they hoped. I think thevplan was keep it to 2-300 cases a day and vaccinate fast. If they had put a "ring of steel" around Sydney they may just have got away with itbut they missed the key message that cellularising outbreaks works very well.

Harder restrictions from Sunday night but maybe too little to late. Why are right-wingers such idiots?
I feel that this 5km lock down now is to try and force people to get vaccinated. They've effectively told the Construction industry no jab no pay.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
415 new cases today. Not good but could be worse and hopefully the harder lockdown will help. NSW also now has 50% of over 16s with at least 1 shot.

We also have an extra 1 million doses of Pfizer that we bought from Poland - seems odd given how low vaccination rates are in Poland.

mariachi-19

415 new cases today. Not good but could be worse and hopefully the harder lockdown will help. NSW also now has 50% of over 16s with at least 1 shot.

We also have an extra 1 million doses of Pfizer that we bought from Poland - seems odd given how low vaccination rates are in Poland.
Aud goes a long way over there I’m told…

the scary thing is we need to get our vaccines rolled out ASAP before European winter sets in. Watching these scenes at football games and festivals… once delta hits, they’re going to get flogged…

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
478 cases today :nervous:

7 deaths including a 15 year old although he also had meningitis so covid probably only a contributing factor.

Tony Babangida

It's pretty grim isn't it. Months and months of lockdown in Vic don't look to be stopping any time soon. Absolute complacency from the Feds has squandered the time bought by the original VIC lockdowns. WA will probably secede and become the N. Korea of Aus, can't see them ever opening the border again.

mariachi-19

478 cases today :nervous:

7 deaths including a 15 year old although he also had meningitis so covid probably only a contributing factor.
The problem was always going to escalate once it got a foot hold in mount druit etc.

These are poorly educated, low socio economic multicultural areas where the police presence will not be welcomed.

The NSW government, but more so federal government have completely let down the Australian people.

This should be the death penalty for scotties political career. If not for nobody else wanting to be associated with this shit show until it starts getting better, scomo would have been removed by now.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The problem was always going to escalate once it got a foot hold in mount druit etc.

These are poorly educated, low socio economic multicultural areas where the police presence will not be welcomed.

The NSW government, but more so federal government have completely let down the Australian people.

This should be the death penalty for scotties political career. If not for nobody else wanting to be associated with this shit show until it starts getting better, scomo would have been removed by now.
Totally agreed. Gladys stuffed up not locking down right at the beginning of this outbreak but #scottyfrommarketing has been a total and utter disaster.