Stretford End

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
ive been in the stretford end twice this season and the atmosphere has been out of this world!

i was there for the fulham game and most recently the reading game - i must say ive never experienced anything like it in my life, whereas when im in the family stand there is not much singing (understandably)

anyway, my point was going to be, if the whole section was the stretford end and not just the top tier, i think people would be able to 'hear' us more on tv and we'd easily be the club whose suppoerters sang the most!

im pretty sure the kop is the whole stand so its understandable that there going to be quite loud, so imagine if the whole of the section containing the family stand was the stretford end, it would be amazing!

it makes no sense to me to put the family stand below the stretford end as this would obviously take away some element of the fans singing!

northroad1878

A bit of a brute
Get real son. The club want it like it is. They deliberately made the ground like it is and the takeover will never change the situation.

Pay up, sit down and be quiet.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
northroad1878 said:
Pay up, sit down and be quiet.
no....stand up, abuse glazer and sing.....

with any luck other will catch on

or in turn sit there and look at you strangley for swearing and singing at a game of football...i mean that sort of behaviour :rolleyes:

londonredmaniac

northroad1878 said:
Yeah, right. That always happens.
it does to an extent, aways especially.

But we need more of it at OT, and not just small pockets.

Not all of us that stayed will go quietly northroad

northroad1878

A bit of a brute
But go you will, I'm afraid.

Good luck all the same. I know you're a good guy. Unlike most of the "loyal" knobs on here.

northroad1878

A bit of a brute
ManUinOz said:
What cockhead decided to call it the North Stand, how fecking uninspired is that? :rolleyes:
The point exactly. They don't want our passion. They just don't WANT it.

Grow up and deal with it. The act on it if you want different.

Try and join maniac's anti-Glazer chants and fecking rebel a bit. Better still stay away and keep your money from the cnuts, but speak up at least.

londonredmaniac

northroad1878 said:
Good luck all the same. I know you're a good guy. Unlike most of the "loyal" knobs on here.
cheers north lad, appreciated from someone such as yourself.

if we do go i hope we take them money sucking shites with us.

and he's right MUinOZ if we want different we have to make it so.

ManUinOz

Betty Swallox
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those w
I tend to stay away living in Oz.

OT in general, and the Stretty in particular became quiet well before Glazer arrived. Unfortunately it's the way footie becomes, that's why I support the scousers RTK campaign. It won't get the daft cnuts anywhere but at least they are making a stand.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
ManUinOz said:
I tend to stay away living in Oz.

OT in general, and the Stretty in particular became quiet well before Glazer arrived. Unfortunately it's the way footie becomes, that's why I support the scousers RTK campaign. It won't get the daft cnuts anywhere but at least they are making a stand.
I think they will make a difference because its not the fans having a go at the club or football in general, but actually its them having a go at their own supporters.

Fair play to them, they are going straight for the throat. They are targetting their own muppet fans, telling them to stop doing the EASY EASY thing, and telling the fans what to sing and when to sing it. They are re-educating their fans and telling them what is and isnt acceptable.

A few things they are campaigning for or to get the fans to stop doing.

Stop Liverpool fans reading the sun as a protest against what was absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the Sun.

Stop them singing songs about Munich. especially since they have suffered a tragedy of equal ( if not worse ) proportions.

Stop them singing about United or Everton when they are playing Arsenal They want their chants to be pro-Liverpool and not anti everyone else.

Stop ridiculous muppet chants like the EASY EASY etc. Chants like that are an embarassment to football, and done by small time clubs like WBA or Birmingham, not a club like Liverpool.

Stop murdering of YAWN by muppets who start clapping half way through and get them to respect what to them is their anthem.

Stop pillocks wandering about in ridiculous outfits making themselves look twats. They figure that to wear a Liverpool top is a privilige, and not something to be turned into a comedy show for the TV cameras.

They want to teach all fans the words to traditional Liverpool songs like "scouser tommy" and "YAWN". Instead of just singing "liverpool, liverpool"

In short the die hard fans have had enough of the muppet daytrippers xoming along and fecking up their support and the atmosphere and they are educating them in the way the Kop used to be.

Perhaps other teams fans should follow suit, and who better than United.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What we really need is to see the back of all seater stadiums. The old way was dangerous but I'm sure there are ways of making at least a small proportion of the grounds standing in a safe manner.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Quite a few of those ideas wouldn't go amiss at many Premiership clubs I'd say.

Johnno

I was in the Stretford when we beat Sheff Weds 2-1 in 1993 when there was 7 mins of injury time and Fergie and Kiddo were going daft at the end; that was an amazing game to be part of the crowd and in the best stand, too. Used to sit on the fence (not in that way) in the Scoreboard with all the kids at the front as was only about 3 quid to get in, even up til 1992. I saw a lad get twatted off another lad for not letting the kids up the front to watch the match. Happy days!

ManUinOz

Betty Swallox
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those w
Johnno said:
I was in the Stretford when we beat Sheff Weds 2-1 in 1993 when there was 7 mins of injury time and Fergie and Kiddo were going daft at the end; that was an amazing game to be part of the crowd and in the best stand, too. Used to sit on the fence (not in that way) in the Scoreboard with all the kids at the front as was only about 3 quid to get in, even up til 1992. I saw a lad get twatted off another lad for not letting the kids up the front to watch the match. Happy days!
Lucky twat, I was tucked up in bed listening to the BBC world service for that game, no internet or foxtel back then.
That was the moment i knew the tile was coming our way. The ref that day, Michael Peck, used to be a teacher at my old school.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
I thought the family stand was tucked away in the corner where the old 'groundside' used to be, the section above the tunnel? That's where it used to be anyway, I had the misfortune of being relocated there for a season when they dropped the North Stand. I sit in the Stretford end lower tier now and that's certainly not the family stand.

They cocked up big time when they rebuilt the Stretford end by making the section right behind the goal exec seats. That's the real problem.

PS18

I'm a season ticket holder in WT2 and I disagree with that, for the big games it's fantastic with near enough everyone standing but for the likes of Reading/Wigan etc you won't get that many singing, I'll sing no matter what but yesterday we had people singing "stand up and support your team", jesus how utterly moronic, there was singing yesterday but overall the atmosphere was diabolical.

It seems people are sitting up there so they can say that they've sat in the Stretford End, utterly pathetic.

Lazlo Woodbine

I think it's daft to say clubs don't want their fans to be vocal and passionate in their support. They know as well as everyone else that the support generated helps the team.
What officials and clubs don't want is aggravation and violence and a return to hooliganism. The problem is seperating the two. Getting rid of violence without ruining the passion.
It's easier said than done and at times clubs and officials have gone too far. For instance the period when the security guards went a bit daft a few years ago and ejected lots of people for minor things. (about the time when Trafford Council were threatening to revoke United's licence)
I have been going to Old Trafford for about 15 years and have never had any trouble with stewards and security and very rarely get strange looks from other supporters when I sing (which is pretty much most of every game)
It's an attitude thing I suppose, I don't tend to be argumentative with stewards about standing up and things like that, I am quite happy to sing whilst sat down and whilst it is the rules to remain seated (however daft they seem) then it's better to just accept it and avoid the hassle.
Also, I have never seen anyone told to stop singing in OT, only ever to sit down. That's hardly the club wanting the fans to be quiet.

Sir A1ex

Nem 7 said:
It's all political.
It is.

When I'm in charge the lay-out wil be as follows:

Both tiers of Stretty: ST Holders who have vowed to sing, along with a few lucky members, who also have.

East: Members who have vowed to sing.

North & South: Usual dosey lot.

North 3: Family. I've been up there with an 8 year old lad, and they love being so highg up. Plus they climb the stairs twice as quick as a middle aged man.

Sir A1ex

heightmassive said:
I thought the family stand was tucked away in the corner where the old 'groundside' used to be, the section above the tunnel?
It is, but it goes right round along the bottom of the Stretty, until you get to the execs behind the goal pretty much.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Lazlo Woodbine said:
I think it's daft to say clubs don't want their fans to be vocal and passionate in their support. They know as well as everyone else that the support generated helps the team.
What officials and clubs don't want is aggravation and violence and a return to hooliganism. The problem is seperating the two. Getting rid of violence without ruining the passion.
It's easier said than done and at times clubs and officials have gone too far. For instance the period when the security guards went a bit daft a few years ago and ejected lots of people for minor things. (about the time when Trafford Council were threatening to revoke United's licence)
I have been going to Old Trafford for about 15 years and have never had any trouble with stewards and security and very rarely get strange looks from other supporters when I sing (which is pretty much most of every game)
It's an attitude thing I suppose, I don't tend to be argumentative with stewards about standing up and things like that, I am quite happy to sing whilst sat down and whilst it is the rules to remain seated (however daft they seem) then it's better to just accept it and avoid the hassle.
Also, I have never seen anyone told to stop singing in OT, only ever to sit down. That's hardly the club wanting the fans to be quiet.
Its not the clubs themselves.

They are dictated to by the council, and to enforce that they hire a security firm to supply stewards.

Every stewarding firm acts in different ways.

Go to Boro and they are A1, prize, 100% cnuts to the man, and makes the stewards at OT seem like absolute darlings.

Whereas go to some lower league clubs grounds, and you'll find that the stewards are alot more relaxed and in fact will go out of their way to make the day more enjoyable. If someone stands up and the people behind cant see then they offer to move the people who want to sit down... ( I know they couldnt do that at OT but it highlights the tolerance difference)

Where I get annoyed is people who go sit in the stretford end, then end up complaining to the stewards about the noise around them and the fact the die hard fans want to stand. If they dont like that kind of thing around them they should either go to the cinema or sit in the South stand

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
A1Dan said:
It is.

When I'm in charge the lay-out wil be as follows:

Both tiers of Stretty: ST Holders who have vowed to sing, along with a few lucky members, who also have.

East: Members who have vowed to sing.

North & South: Usual dosey lot.

North 3: Family. I've been up there with an 8 year old lad, and they love being so highg up. Plus they climb the stairs twice as quick as a middle aged man.
Nah do what the Barcodes do and stick the away fans up there..

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
A1Dan said:
I thought of that, but what if they're scousers? Make them empty their bowels before entering the ground?

It would work in our favour because if they act like cnuts ( well OK they are cnuts already, but you know what I mean ) then United fans will have plenty of time to be sat waiting for them as they come out, and by the time they've gone down all those stairs they'll be too fecked to resist...

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
I was in the Stretford End v Celtic and it was electric!

I was next to the Stretford End yesterday and it was very low key. Not even a rowsing Fergusons Red n White Army.

We had a clear view of Fergie when he came out of the tunnel and tried to urge the fans to make some noise. It only worked for about 30 seconds sadly.

Flat game and flat atmosphere. Thank feck that Ole isnt affected by such things :smirk:

Lazlo Woodbine

fredthered said:
Its not the clubs themselves.

They are dictated to by the council, and to enforce that they hire a security firm to supply stewards.

Every stewarding firm acts in different ways.

Go to Boro and they are A1, prize, 100% cnuts to the man, and makes the stewards at OT seem like absolute darlings.

Whereas go to some lower league clubs grounds, and you'll find that the stewards are alot more relaxed and in fact will go out of their way to make the day more enjoyable. If someone stands up and the people behind cant see then they offer to move the people who want to sit down... ( I know they couldnt do that at OT but it highlights the tolerance difference)

Where I get annoyed is people who go sit in the stretford end, then end up complaining to the stewards about the noise around them and the fact the die hard fans want to stand. If they dont like that kind of thing around them they should either go to the cinema or sit in the South stand
The thing is, it's the rules that people aren't allowed to stand in a seated area (those rules are daft but that's not the point) so anyone wanting to stand is in the wrong and, like the period when Trafford Council threatened United, runs the risk of losing a club it's licence. And in the end I'd prefer to watch live matches sat down than have to watch them in the pub all the time.
This is vastly different to some posters above saying clubs don't want an atmosphere and are doing all they can to eradicate it. No-one gets thrown out of a football match for being too noisey. Abusive, yes. Violent, yes. Racist, yes. Persistently standing and blocking people's view, yes. But not for being too noisey.

Sir A1ex

Boro, Charlton and certain other clubs have been known to use the standing rules against us where they don't against other teams. This is blatantly because a) Our away fans make a right racket and shit their stewards up and b) they want to cut our allocation to increase their own, as it's their only sell out of the season.

Lazlo Woodbine

Also, does anybody really complain about the noise around them? I've never seen that in 15 years of watching football. Persistent standing I have seen complained about and they are perfectly within their rights to expect that people will sit down in the main as that is the rule and complain if they feel someone isn't following the rules. Anyone who complains that people stand when something exciting happens is wrong, but I see nothing wrong with someone complaining if their view is blocked by someone flaunting the rules, and until they change the rules, in the main people should sit.
You'd complain if someone started shouting in the cinema no doubt, they be ruining your experience by doing something that contravenes the rules. Same difference.
I can understand your point, though, that people who really don't want to be up and down all day really shouldn't apply for tickets in certain places.

Sir A1ex

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Also, does anybody really complain about the noise around them?
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either. I've seen people look annoyed by shouting, but I can't see how anybody would have the combination of stupidity and balls to complain about the noise!

Lazlo Woodbine

I'd wager any complaints would be more about the content, i.e racism/ abuse, than the noise itself.

Wembley Red

93, 94, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 03, 07, 08, 09...10
Ive never had the chance to sit in the Stretty End, but if i did I would be more than willing to sing and get involved. The thing is Im not too aware of all the songs that are sung, and I think this is the case for a lot of people. I reckon the idea of a fans group to improve atmosphere would be a good move, and let people like me get more involved.

Sir A1ex

malcolm31337 said:
Ive never had the chance to sit in the Stretty End, but if i did I would be more than willing to sing and get involved. The thing is Im not too aware of all the songs that are sung, and I think this is the case for a lot of people. I reckon the idea of a fans group to improve atmosphere would be a good move, and let people like me get more involved.
It's easy enonugh to find most of the lyrics on t'internet. Nobody would mind if you sat the odd one out you didn't know, we all need a rest now and again!