Striker options?

Ekeke

Dovbyk has 8 in 11 for Girona, 26 year old striker and helping them to top la liga

Looks like he's the right kind of level to score goals when he plays but shouldnt cost a huge amount. Would be a good option off the bench and rotation with Hojlund

DanClancy

Toney will cost ridiculous money as already pointed out. Anyone who's fallen out of favour to see us through until the summer that might be a loan option?

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Gyokeres with another great performance.

Sigh

Kingslayer18

Ideally we want a striker that can rotate with Hojlund and won't cost an arm and a leg. There are two options we should consider, both considered young prospects at one stage that were expected to get to the vrey top, lost their way and now showing their worth.

Joshua Zirkzee
Dominic Solanke

Both tall, with Solanke being a faster player but Zirkzee probably has a better touch within the box. They are in the goals this season and would probably be attracted to joining a bigger team.

In an ideal scenario, I'd really chase Victor Boniface, he can both create his own shot and finish chances at a decent rate. He's a very good all-rounder and still has lots of upside. I'm not sure what Leverkusen would expect in terms of transfer fee since they got him last season but they do have plenty of back-ups in Schick, Hlozek and Hofmann as forward cover.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Tasty. Goals 8 & 10 were particularly pretty. You just know he goes to shit and gets constantly injured if we sign him though. :(
£17m release clause - great goals, all types scored, looks calm in the box, tall and strong, good balance. Worth a punt!

SOLD!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I actually think Solanke would be a good shout. United tax would probably make him prohibitively expensive.
Always been very talented. Both physically and technically. Matured greatly as a player. Become great at pressing. Have an eye for goal. PL proven. Entering his prime years.

RVN1991

I actually think Solanke would be a good shout. United tax would probably make him prohibitively expensive.
Been very impressed with him this season, always looked talented but seemed to lack the killer instinct in front of goal.

redNATION

Lautaro Martinez is probably the best striker who is obtainable, I think inter would’ve sold him for 80-90m in the summer, not far off what we paid for Hjolund.

croadyman

Lautaro Martinez is probably the best striker who is obtainable, I think inter would’ve sold him for 80-90m in the summer, not far off what we paid for Hjolund.
What is people's general feeling on him?

Mwooyo

Our real problem is that we do not create many chances for our strikers. It doesnt matter who we sign, we need to fix our style of play first. This is why I don't think loan signings or signing old players will not work. We should make long term permanent signings or just go fix someother position. Go all out for Ivan toney or dusan valhovic. If they are not possible just move on and put a deposit down for Inacio or for todibo in defense or olise for rw.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Wow. You gonna say ‘no punting on anything ffs’ and then suggest this guy? Just wow.
Is a proven PL-player a punt?

He was considered one of the best young attacking talents in Europa from the age of 16 to 21. Played for that great Chelsea side that won the Youth Cup two years in a row. Instrumental to them winning botht he FA Youth Cup and UEFA Youth Cup in 2015. He was also a key player and top goal scorer for England when they won the World Cup U17 and won the Golden Ball in the World Cup U20 in 2017.

He was picked up by Edwards and Liverpool at some point, but needed a bit more time, and is now finally looking like he is coming of age at 26. He is tall and strong, quick with a great touch on the ball. Great at pressing too. In addition, he scores goals in the PL.

Depending on price, he makes perfect sense in my opinion.

Last edited:
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Is a proven PL-player a punt?

He was considered one of the best young attacking talents in Europa from the age of 16 to 21. Played for that great Chelsea side that won the Youth Cup two years in a row. Instrumental to them winning botht he FA Youth Cup and UEFA Youth Cup in 2015. He was also a key player and top goal scorer for England when they won the World Cup U17 and won the Golden Ball in the World Cup U20 in 2017.

He was picked up by Edwards and Liverpool at some point, but needed a bit more time, and is now finally looking like he is coming of age at 26. He is tall and strong, quick with a great touch on the ball. Great at pressing too. In addition, he scores goals in the PL.

Depending on price, he makes perfect sense in my opinion.
English tax is his only serious draw back. He is a better player than many realize.