Striker options?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Is a proven PL-player a punt?

He was considered one of the best young attacking talents in Europa from the age of 16 to 21. Played for that great Chelsea side that won the Youth Cup two years in a row. Instrumental to them winning botht he FA Youth Cup and UEFA Youth Cup in 2015. He was also a key player and top goal scorer for England when they won the World Cup U17 and won the Golden Ball in the World Cup U20 in 2017.

He was picked up by Edwards and Liverpool at some point, but needed a bit more time, and is now finally looking like he is coming of age at 26. He is tall and strong, quick with a great touch on the ball. Great at pressing too. In addition, he scores goals in the PL.

Depending on price, he makes perfect sense in my opinion.
English tax is his only serious draw back. He is a better player than many realize.
Y’all need to listen to the devils podcast from a week or so back. It is a damning indictment of where United are as a club that we would be happy to sign Dominic Solanke.
He isn’t United level.

daba

Guirassy seems the most logical option for sure. Taremi is getting on a bit now and someone like Marcos Leonardo (who I really like the look of) is probably too inexperienced to really lift us and take the pressure off Rasmus.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Y’all need to listen to the devils podcast from a week or so back. It is a damning indictment of where United are as a club that we would be happy to sign Dominic Solanke.
He isn’t United level.
Solanke is just starting to fulfil his potential. He has always been a very talented striker that never really kicked on from youth football. He seems to have filled out and is less gangly, but he always had great technique and was a good finisher.

I have to say I didn't think he'd ever reach it, but I think he'll be a fantastic buy for someone in the summer. I'd have him over Guirassay, for example.

NoPace

Solanke isn't a bad player (and I think he'll probably have a decent 2nd half of his 20s and follow in the Callum Wilson mould), but he's the sort of starter on a lower-half Prem side who makes no sense to sign because they'd want 50M for him and it would be surprising if he's good enough to be a starter for us. Callum Wilson cost Newcastle 20M. The market has changed with the Prem becoming so dominant financially. Same reason we never brought in Mitrovic and Fulham eventually got 50M for him. Even with no Saudi offer and him demanding out, they probably would have gotten 40M from another Prem side.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Solanke is just starting to fulfil his potential. He has always been a very talented striker that never really kicked on from youth football. He seems to have filled out and is less gangly, but he always had great technique and was a good finisher.

I have to say I didn't think he'd ever reach it, but I think he'll be a fantastic buy for someone in the summer. I'd have him over Guirassay, for example.
Put it this way. Most folks in here rate Watkins. Solanke has always been a more natural 9 than him and of similar talent. Finally he has also come of age too. In my view of the buyable attacking players in the league right now Solanke is the most similar to Rasmus in style.

Solanke isn't a bad player (and I think he'll probably have a decent 2nd half of his 20s and follow in the Callum Wilson mould), but he's the sort of starter on a lower-half Prem side who makes no sense to sign because they'd want 50M for him and it would be surprising if he's good enough to be a starter for us. Callum Wilson cost Newcastle 20M. The market has changed with the Prem becoming so dominant financially. Same reason we never brought in Mitrovic and Fulham eventually got 50M for him. Even with no Saudi offer and him demanding out, they probably would have gotten 40M from another Prem side.
We are looking for competition for Rasmus though. Not his replacement/upgrade. I fully expect our next 9 to be a player quite happy to rotate Like Izak and Wilson do at Newcastle.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We are looking for competition for Rasmus though. Not his replacement/upgrade. I fully expect our next 9 to be a player quite happy to rotate Like Izak and Wilson do at Newcastle.
I don’t think so at all. ETH will want a proven scorer in the summer or who ever the manager will be will. With Hojlund the rotational option

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Any striker short of the absolute best of the best will look like a clown if we carry on with this shape. Neither of Hojlund or Rashford got a kick today, and it's not rare.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Solanke not good enough eh?
:lol: find it hilarious when people belittle players like Solanke.
A player who has scored goals at every level hea played at, runs the channels, presses from the front and can finish for sure.
He'd improve our front line no end.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A player who has scored goals at every level hea played at, runs the channels, presses from the front and can finish for sure.
He is great in the air as well, he will 100% be on the move in the summer. I think it's even more strange when he showed all of this when we played them the other day, so even if you just tuned in to our game, you should think he's great!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Classic. As if our entire history isn't based off youth and elevating players from smaller clubs. We're not a galacticos type club.

Yorke, Carrick, Bruce, Irwin, Solskjaer, Sheringham, Van Persie (hehe), Valencia, Ince, Sharp etc.

We have always bought strongly performing players who can step up.

Solanke is absolutely fine for us.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Guirassy seems the most logical option for sure. Taremi is getting on a bit now and someone like Marcos Leonardo (who I really like the look of) is probably too inexperienced to really lift us and take the pressure off Rasmus.
Stuttgart guy?

Unam333

I don't think creating chances right now is the biggest issue. We do create chances and there are periods we dominate games.
Our attackers just can't score.

During January transfer window the club needs to either loan or sign an experienced striker with a decent goal scoring record. It's mental we rely on a young striker and a striker with an awful injury history.
Our first team only has one and a half strikers. Add one injury free striker and we'll have 2.5 strikers.

Classic. As if our entire history isn't based off youth and elevating players from smaller clubs. We're not a galacticos type club.

Yorke, Carrick, Bruce, Irwin, Solskjaer, Sheringham, Van Persie (hehe), Valencia, Ince, Sharp etc.

Indeed

gajender

He is great in the air as well, he will 100% be on the move in the summer. I think it's even more strange when he showed all of this when we played them the other day, so even if you just tuned in to our game, you should think he's great!
He has contract till 2027 , Bournemouth won't let him leave for anything less than 60 m and that's a conservative estimate that more or less rule out United unfortunately .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He has contract till 2027 , Bournemouth won't let him leave for anything less than 60 m and that's a conservative estimate that more or less rule out United unfortunately .
I don't even mean for us, I don't have great hope in our recruiting at the moment, was speaking in general. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle and us would all do well to add him to their squads and he'd want to move to a top club while his stock is high.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Marcus Thuram would be much better than Lautaro Martinez imho for several aspects:

- He's faster and more powerful than Lauti, he'd be better suited for the Premier League.
- Inter would ask less money for him, given he joined Nerazzurri for free in the summer and his importance for the club is very different than captain Lautaro
- Lautaro will renew his contract in the next weeks, his wage would be £250k a-week, Thuram earn half of that sum.

Marcus Thuram: £70m fee; £150k a-week. Deal done.

TheGame

Marcus Thuram would be much better than Lautaro Martinez imho for several aspects:

- He's faster and more powerful than Lauti, he'd be better suited for the Premier League.
- Inter would ask less money for him, given he joined Nerazzurri for free in the summer and his importance for the club is very different than captain Lautaro
- Lautaro will renew his contract in the next weeks, his wage would be £250k a-week, Thuram earn half of that sum.

Marcus Thuram: £70m fee; £150k a-week. Deal done.
He was literally going for free in the summer. No one is paying £70m for him.

Champ

There's that word though, 'history'.

We've been mainly buying so called ready made products from top end teams since SAF retired.
There's no way we would be buying a player like Solanke under Woodward for example.
Feel like some people have an almost snobbish outlook to players like Solanke.

Champ

He's been like this for a few seasons now.
Although last season was a bit of a struggle in front of goal for him at times, mainly down to Bournemouth's struggles on the pitch.
He was absolutely tearing it up in the Championship before that.

Hammondo

I don't think creating chances right now is the biggest issue. We do create chances and there are periods we dominate games.
Our attackers just can't score.

During January transfer window the club needs to either loan or sign an experienced striker with a decent goal scoring record. It's mental we rely on a young striker and a striker with an awful injury history.
Our first team only has one and a half strikers. Add one injury free striker and we'll have 2.5 strikers.
We create crap half chances the vast majority of the time.

We don't create good chances, we just try and make whatever chance we can in the most direct way.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's been like this for a few seasons now.
Although last season was a bit of a struggle in front of goal for him at times, mainly down to Bournemouth's struggles on the pitch.
He was absolutely tearing it up in the Championship before that.
I don't think he's been as physically dominant with his technique remaining so high, until this season - that's my view anyway. Either way, he's constantly improved each season to this point, which also maybe makes me rethink my Guirassay opinion.

bosskeano

we could have bought Kudus and Gakpo for a much cheaper price....instead we end up with Antony and Mount for probably double the price

Cassidy

we could have bought Kudus and Gakpo for a much cheaper price....instead we end up with Antony and Mount for probably double the price
We would have quite obviously overpaid for them too

arnoldS

We could bring in Kane and not much would change. We don't create anything for the striker. Our wingers are selfish and horrible at finishing.

Cassidy

at least we would have overpaid for some fecking quality attacking talent.....not the two muppets we have currently
Gakpo is not quality attacking talent but carry on

Cassidy

he has 9 goals and 2 assists in 24 starts.....how many does Antony have??? 4 and 2 in 39 matches with ZERO this season
I didnt say he was not better than Antony I said he is not a quality attacking talent