Stuff in football that really annoys you?

Tallis

Tactical fouls, time wasting, VAR etc don’t really bother me to be honest. What has really annoyed me in the last few years is the Low quality of commentary. Perfect example was the Leicester / Utd March where the commentators spoke about City winning or not winning the title depending on the outcome of the game at least 30-40 times. Can they just comment on the game, talk about tactics etc rather than this BS which is obvious and we don’t need to be reminded every 2 minutes.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Having an ex-player as co-commentator for one of their old clubs games.

I don't care about pundits in the studio but during a match I don't wanna hear from a fan.

Fingeredmouse

The fact that "mentality monsters" is going to, like Mourinho's "park the bus" and Keane's "prawn sandwich brigade", enter the football lexicon permanently.

BigGiantHead

Players who commit a foul and them stand right in front of the ball so it can't be taken. Refs never book players for this and it happens every single game.
When player commits a foul picks up the ball, runs with it and then throw the ball over the player who is ready to take the freekick.
It's worse than standing in front of the ball or kicking it away few yards.

Maybe there should be a rule that the team that has commited the foul can't touch the ball unless the kick it directly to the other team.

MikeeMike

The fact that "mentality monsters" is going to, like Mourinho's "park the bus" and Keane's "prawn sandwich brigade", enter the football lexicon permanently.
To add to that.. They used to Always have a close up of Abramovich at some point during every Chelsea home game.
Now they never fail to show Sir Alex and make some remark “Wonder what he thinks of this”.
Also Leicester owner....

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Having an ex-player as co-commentator for one of their old clubs games.

I don't care about pundits in the studio but during a match I don't wanna hear from a fan.
This has become common and it's a joke.

Conor

The way players can't just go down normally when fouled. The whistle has gone, you got a free, stop rolling around like a gimp.

Brophs

The One and Only
Describing players as technicians. He doesn't work at Kwik Fit, you helmets.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Pretty much all commentary. Particularly when there's 2 co-commentators now. It's overkill.

I found a stream for the Wolves game which had no commentary, just crowd noise. It was excellent. Amazon used to offer a no commentary option, but they took it away for the last round of games they broadcasted. It needs to be the norm.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
To add to that.. They used to Always have a close up of Abramovich at some point during every Chelsea home game.
Now they never fail to show Sir Alex and make some remark “Wonder what he thinks of this”.
Also Leicester owner....
Every single match.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When player commits a foul picks up the ball, runs with it and then throw the ball over the player who is ready to take the freekick.
It's worse than standing in front of the ball or kicking it away few yards.

Maybe there should be a rule that the team that has commited the foul can't touch the ball unless the kick it directly to the other team.
It is bloody annoying. Should definitely be a booking if you pick the ball up when you've made a foul.

Moriarty

Our blue away kits (not this year obviously). Why do we have blue away kits so often? Black or white are ok, blue is for City and Chelsea.
You mean like our 1948 Cup Final strip? To be fair, blue was our third choice kit when I first started watching United. Our away kit was usually all-white with red collar and cuffs. Sometimes red socks.

afatzp

Too many things are annoying and here my top 3 :
1. Banning players from taking off shirts when celebrating. What on earth is wrong with that ?
2. VAR . It instantly takes out all the passion moments when seeing a goal and can't celebrate
3. Basic ball-controlling mistakes from Man Utd players . Come on, you are paid big for that, can we not mess up something that basic ? Oh did I call names like Brandon Williams or James ?

Gopher Brown

Too many things are annoying and here my top 3 :
1. Banning players from taking off shirts when celebrating. What on earth is wrong with that ?
2. VAR . It instantly takes out all the passion moments when seeing a goal and can't celebrate
3. Basic ball-controlling mistakes from Man Utd players . Come on, you are paid big for that, can we not mess up something that basic ? Oh did I call names like Brandon Williams or James ?
Number 1 protects our capitalist overlords, the sponsors. Lovebet want to be front and centre whenever Ashley Barnes celebrates a screamer from 3 yards out.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Just the sheer amount of time wasting. I'd much rather have 25 minutes each half with a stop watch type system that stops everytime the ball is out or whistle is blown than what we have now. In any important game that's close you can be sure that one team.will attempt to waste time like crazy near the end.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Everything that has to do with Luis Suarez. He even manages to turn a league win into being a cnut.

Cnut.

Lynty

The League Cup - I just don't see the point of it. At least invite the Scottish teams to make it more interesting.

FreddieTheReddie

Just the sheer amount of time wasting. I'd much rather have 25 minutes each half with a stop watch type system that stops everytime the ball is out or whistle is blown than what we have now. In any important game that's close you can be sure that one team.will attempt to waste time like crazy near the end.
How much handball or water polo have you watched? The only reason I can’t stand those anymore is stopping time for everything, it’s very annoying.

Siorac

Commentators shutting up in awe due to Never Walk Alone being sung.
Oh God please yes. It's not a fecking national anthem, you twats. You're not in respectful silence when West Ham fans sing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" or whatever.

Zlatattack

Why can we only do 2-3 transfers in a window, yet some clubs can manage twice that many.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Remember that time someone uploaded a highlight reel of a player to Youtube without adding some shite mumble rap track over the top, instead of just using the match audio?

No, me neither.

It's all over Instagram too. It could just be a 20 second clip of a goal, and it just has to have a godawful soundtrack tied to it.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Remember that time someone uploaded a highlight reel of a player to Youtube without adding some shite mumble rap track over the top, instead of just using the match audio?

No, me neither.

It's all over Instagram too. It could just be a 20 second clip of a goal, and it just has to have a godawful soundtrack tied to it.
Always thought this had something to do with Copyright?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Two different kits being worn in the same season. Stop. Release it over summer.

I’m not quite fully serious, but in a world of marginal gains, each team should have to play each other in consistent kits. A random game at the end of the season where one side uses a kit it’s not worn against anyone else is a bit weird.