Television Succession

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
To me that also underlines the main point of the series, how out of reality these people are. Self absorbed, narcissistic, every time they try to appear normal it is incredibly awkward.
The price of milk question really seems to sum a lot of it up.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Does anyone else think it gets a bit repetitive when the siblings keep looking at each other mischeviously and asking "Hmmm.. whats your game here?" and really for the most part they've just been sitting tight and hoping the business ends up in their lap and there's never really much more to it

..except for the big move from Kendall obvz

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was quite tense on that walk. Felt like someone was doing something on purpose but couldn’t tell who. Got the feeling Josh was pretending to be lost.

The Firestarter

Not the same peak as last ep, but it needed to portray convincingly the awkwardness between Kendall and Logan, which it did quite well.

Also, Greg meeting Logan went precisely the way I expected :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Was quite tense on that walk. Felt like someone was doing something on purpose but couldn’t tell who. Got the feeling Josh was pretending to be lost.
Everything about that character felt extremely fake. But I don't see the point in what he did: he didn't need any (more) justification for pulling his support, did he?
Throughout the episode it seemed to me like he was trying to get the two to talk and make peace. Maybe the point was to get Logan into a vulnerable position, to make them forget about business for a moment and then Ken blew it, by going straight back to courting him?

But that doesn't fit very well with parading the other side in front of them at the end. That seemed hostile.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Brody's character was a big flop for me. He neither was able to chew the scenery or play a much more subtle role.

cyberman

It was testing the Roy’s. To see if Logan were to ask his son for help, if Ken would help him and if they were both honest to Brodys character about what was going on.

Moby

Dick
I knew it would slow down after last week but it was a good change especially having Logan and Ken together for the whole time and putting them in situations where they have to get along after going at each other the last three episodes. That speech from Logan was pretty much the peaking point, just to nail home the point that these guys would such each other's dicks as soon as it meant losing money. The awkwardness in that entire thing was done well.

Jev

Does anyone else think it gets a bit repetitive when the siblings keep looking at each other mischeviously and asking "Hmmm.. whats your game here?" and really for the most part they've just been sitting tight and hoping the business ends up in their lap and there's never really much more to it

..except for the big move from Kendall obvz
Yeah, I've started to get a bit of a repetitive vibe this season. It seems like the only plot they can really think of is Kendall challenging Logan and losing, rinse repeat. If this season ends the same way it will start to get a little old. But the dialogue is as great as ever which keeps me entertained for now, but yeah, seems to be going slightly in circles this season, especially episode 2.

The Firestarter

Yeah, I've started to get a bit of a repetitive vibe this season. It seems like the only plot they can really think of is Kendall challenging Logan and losing, rinse repeat. If this season ends the same way it will start to get a little old. But the dialogue is as great as ever which keeps me entertained for now, but yeah, seems to be going slightly in circles this season, especially episode 2.
Surely this time around Kendall wins, or nobody wins. Logan oldschooling the kid is something we already saw, and this show does not strike me as lacking ideas.

crappycraperson

Scout
No way Logan "loses" before the final season. The whole season is around the eventual successor to his empire. I don't think it will be a rinse and repeat of Kendall vs Roy though it will remain a central theme since the show is most told from Kendall's POV.
It is being strongly implied this season that Shiv is now on same path as Kendall S1 and kind of last season she was supposed to get the CEO as well but Logan again balked at it. I won't be surprised if by the end of this season she is against Logan too. If I had to take a guess at the overall arc of show's arc, it would be around all of his three "relevant" children turning against him, leading to him finally being killed figuratively and literally. Show since S1 has focussed on his health as well so thematically it seems like a sound guess that he will actually die once he is gone from his business empire.

The Cat

No way Logan "loses" before the final season. The whole season is around the eventual successor to his empire. I don't think it will be a rinse and repeat of Kendall vs Roy though it will remain a central theme since the show is most told from Kendall's POV.
It is being strongly implied this season that Shiv is now on same path as Kendall S1 and kind of last season she was supposed to get the CEO as well but Logan again balked at it. I won't be surprised if by the end of this season she is against Logan too. If I had to take a guess at the overall arc of show's arc, it would be around all of his three "relevant" children turning against him, leading to him finally being killed figuratively and literally. Show since S1 has focussed on his health as well so thematically it seems like a sound guess that he will actually die once he is gone from his business empire.
Any scope for him losing control in the end and then a final season of him scheming against all the kids to get it back before saying you are all fired cnuts in the final scene?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I'd agree it's a bit repetitive so far this season. Needs to kick on asap or it's in danger of stalling a bit.

diarm

Can we get Greg some Coca Cola?

Brian Cox is a fecking genius.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah I'd agree it's a bit repetitive so far this season. Needs to kick on asap or it's in danger of stalling a bit.
I guess Kendall's character is going in circles a bit, but other than that I don't think it's too repetitive. Last EP introduced Connor as a player (however insignificant), Greg is shaping up as a key figure for the legal battle, Tom appears to be on the edge of something in more ways than one, Shiv has undergone the transformation from fake woke, to full on corporate, to budding rebellion, Roman seems to be growing up a bit in his own way and we've seen glimpses of Gerri wanting to be more than just a puppet CEO.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I skipped most of the posts here as I just started watching it.
So far, only 2 episodes in, I have to say it's really good.

The guys that plays Kendall Roy is a great actor.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Greg and Logan scene was hilarious. "Should I chug it?" :lol:

Agree Brody's character was a bit of a miss.

The scene where Logan and Kendell sat in silence after Logan's speech about him being a "good kid" was brilliant, very powerful acting from both.

And yeah, I'm not sure about it going stale, but they do need something to shake things up to differentiate this season a bit more.

Moby

Dick
"Should I chug it?"
:lol:

The scene where Logan and Kendell sat in silence after Logan's speech about him being a "good kid" was brilliant, very powerful acting from both.
Yeah, for sure. The whole thing was a complete set up, that guy had made up his mind before it started, the whole thing was for the viewers to see if Ken can stand up for himself and not back out for a shareholder etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

And yeah, I'm not sure about it going stale, but they do need something to shake things up to differentiate this season a bit more.
I wonder how much Covid affected certain plans. This was filmed right in the middle of it really.

Massive Spanner

I wonder how much Covid affected certain plans. This was filmed right in the middle of it really.
It definitely did, the whole them going out to his remote house, travelling separately. Kendell working from his wife's apartment. Everything definitely feels a little less "grand" this season than before.

Though episode three had loads of shit in the office with loads of employees around and such so they probably had to pick certain big scenarios to spend big and get everyone tested etc. Must be a logistical nightmare.

cyberman

The limited sets are holding them back a bit. If you think about it there are no set pieces, it’s 2/3/groups talking in a room, every time and that’s it. The environment itself is a huge character in the show.

Massive Spanner

The limited sets are holding them back a bit. If you think about it there are no set pieces, it’s 2/3/groups talking in a room, every time and that’s it. The environment itself is a huge character in the show.
Yeah I said before that last season they were always at huge events, on super yacht's etc, so you always got a sense of how ludicrous their lifestyles are and what's involved in what they're squabbling over, it's not quite the same without all that.

cyberman

Really? I didn't give much importance to that aspect in the previous seasons at all.
It’s basically the same characters interacting in almost every other scene but they’re sitting at a dinner, on a yacht, in a mansion, in a helicopter. It’s brilliant writing but the grand nature of it all covered repetition.
let’s randomly have a wedding in England, have a stag party in a group of tunnels. Team building exercise? Hungary of course!

Moby

Dick
It’s basically the same characters interacting in almost every other scene but they’re sitting at a dinner, on a yacht, in a mansion, in a helicopter. It’s brilliant writing but the grand nature of it all covered repetition.
let’s randomly have a wedding in England, have a stag party in a group of tunnels. Team building exercise? Hungary of course!
Mmm.. maybe a bit but for me it was always the dialogue and acting that made the show incredible and the standards haven't dropped there.

crappycraperson

Scout
I did not really feel this episode. Kendall's interruption was cringe worthy central. Logan lashing out at Shiv at the end, somewhat predictable. Greg stuff and Tom/Shiv were the highlights for me.

Massive Spanner

I did not really feel this episode. Kendall's interruption was cringe worthy central. Logan lashing out at Shiv at the end, somewhat predictable. Greg stuff and Tom/Shiv were the highlights for me.
Yeah I kinda agree. The whole thing felt a bit off. Or like we’d already been here and seen it all before.

The Cat

Seems very little happened in total as a consequence other than
no planes
- bit of a letdown.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I just started and am on Episode 3. Everyone bar Kendal are complete jerks. Is it another house of cards thing where they're all bad and they never get done in by any good guys?

Bit of a childish angle I know but Im a sucker for it.