Summer free transfers available to choose from

NoPace

I'd have Saiss from Wolves. I'm always impressed when I see him play. Not sure if I've ever seen him in a 2, though. Every time watch Wolves they play a back 3.
I think he'll just move somewhere they play a 3 like Spurs or abroad.

NoPace

I'd take Brozovic, Sule and Kiesse from that list, maybe even Bernadeschi.
Bernardeschi doesn't seem like a crazy idea anymore with Greenwood gone, though I don't think he's quite good enough when I watch him. But a free 27 year old in front of Amad fits in terms of letting Amad grow into the team over 2-3 years.

Sancho/Rashford--Cristiano/David---Bernardeschi/Amad

for example, or plug in another young 9 for David who we give a year to play behind Cristiano or he just starts if Cristiano goes. And if Rashford and Sancho both pop then one can play RW or maybe Rashford ends up central even.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If we can recoup even half our money on Maguire, I'll take Tarkowski over him. But we are not a club who makes good financial decisions.
That wouldn't be a good football decision either

marktan

Nothing particularly interesting for us in those lists. We need a top tier RW and a DM, possibly another CM too, the only two options that could be great are Kessie and Dembele, but both have question marks on them.

Nickelodeon

That wouldn't be a good football decision either
Not saying Tarkowski should be our first choice CB. He’s a great option for a 3rd choice CB for any of the PL clubs. In terms of quality, free transfer for Tarkowski makes much more sense than 80 million for Maguire.

jesperjaap

It's actually a decent selection of players this year. Some of the names like Romagnoli I haven't heard of in a while - how is he doing/better than Maguire?
Not seen a huge amount but he seems to have had niggling injuries and not progressed into the fabulous player he promised to be. For me though, he would be one from the list I would sign. Think he has leadership qualities, the left foot, he is experienced and does the simple things well and would for me bring us more consistency than our other squad options, Bailly and Tuanzabe out for £30m or so and ROmagnoli on a free would be good business for me and I still like Bailly.

Dont get the Tarkowski mentioned personally, isnt he a poor mans Maguire if there actually is such a thing.

First on the list for me would be Kamara, perfectly fits profile we should be going for and have done in years gon eby. Talented emerging yougn player for a more than reasonable price being free, improves our midfield and still has a lot of room for growth, would take him over Kessie personally who I see more as a Thomas partey, solid and good player but also over rated on here, Partey was world class before Arsenal on here

davidmichael

Mazraoui, Rudiger, Romagnoli, Kamara, Brozovic, Kessie, Dybala and Lacazette would all be at the very least good squad options and a few would start every week for us right now.