Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1

Wow Steal of the summer.

Carvalho for me was one of the most underrated players at Euros. The way everyone expected Pogba to play Carvalho did for Portugal.

He box to box, very good defensively, can play a lovely long pass and is fit as a ox. Perfect player for Arsenal or City

United Pro

Cerezo (president of Atlético) about Costa: "We like him a lot, we talk to the player and are working to see him back, he is close", he also said "Bacca is a great player but we are not signing any player from Serie A.That is valid for him and all the rumors(Icardi?) "
If Costa is close to returning to Atletico, Chelsea may well move for Morata, which in turn would free some funds for Madrid.

United Pro

Wow Steal of the summer.

Carvalho for me was one of the most underrated players at Euros. The way everyone expected Pogba to play Carvalho did for Portugal.

He box to box, very good defensively, can play a lovely long pass and is fit as a ox. Perfect player for Arsenal or City
There's no chance Sporting would sell for anything near that. Especially after the very decent tournament he just had. Will be close to his release clause if anything.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If Costa is close to returning to Atletico, Chelsea may well move for Morata, which in turn would free some funds for Madrid.
Pretty significant downgrade going from a prolific goal scorer in Costa to Morata who is more of a support striker in a partnership. I don't think (hope) the club would do this.

Selling Costa would be a mistake. If Morata is still a target it should be to play with Costa, not as a replacement for him.

cyberman

Madrid can find 120m euros. It's the fact they're not willing to spend it all on Pogba that holds them back

Eddy_JukeZ

I hope Atletico bring back Costa.

Seeing him jaw with Ramos and Pepe was hilarious.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Pretty significant downgrade going from a prolific goal scorer in Costa to Morata who is more of a support striker in a partnership. I don't think (hope) the club would do this.

Selling Costa would be a mistake. If Morata is still a target it should be to play with Costa, not as a replacement for him.
Didnt they sign Batshuiyi?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Didnt they sign Batshuiyi?
Yes, we did. But he's a young player with limited experience and will be brand new to the PL. A strike partnership of Morata and Batshuayi would be pretty risky. Having an experienced player like Diego Costa next to one of them would be much more ideal.

GwilDor

There's no chance Sporting would sell for anything near that. Especially after the very decent tournament he just had. Will be close to his release clause if anything.
I may the only one not getting the hype on W.Carvalho.
Sure, he had a decent EURO, yes, he is a physical specimen with quite decent defensive positioning and tactical awareness. But tbh so does someone like Wanyama.

What they both lack is in the technical department, and maybe a bit more pace.

They are not at the top level imo, and i'd be surprised if Carvalho ever became a player to fit in at United.

Then again, i seem to be in the minority with this opinion.

Judas

Open to offers
Trust KingJonno when it involves the youth team players around the time Pogba was at the club, not sure how much knowledge he has of many Utd things outside of that now though. But then he doesn't really do the ITK bit that much these days, as I don't think he knows as much.

Asger

So he has played for Inter, Fiorentina, Roma and now Torino.. I remember how much I was exicted to get him to United and was not happy when we decided not to get him about 15 minutes before he would arrive haha

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona think that Vietto will choose Sevilla(loan + buy option). The original source is Sport

United Pro

I may the only one not getting the hype on W.Carvalho.
Sure, he had a decent EURO, yes, he is a physical specimen with quite decent defensive positioning and tactical awareness. But tbh so does someone like Wanyama.

What they both lack is in the technical department, and maybe a bit more pace.

They are not at the top level imo, and i'd be surprised if Carvalho ever became a player to fit in at United.

Then again, i seem to be in the minority with this opinion.
No I agree with you. I don't think he'll ever be world class. Saying that, I think Eric Dier has been vastly overrated by some aswell.

United Pro

Madrid can find 120m euros. It's the fact they're not willing to spend it all on Pogba that holds them back
I'm not so sure. I think it was in Marca today that Madrid have a massive debt and that thy would have to sell before they bought, especially for a fee that high. They also did mention that they weren't willing to pay that much for Pogba.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'm not so sure. I think it was in Marca today that Madrid have a massive debt and that thy would have to sell before they bought, especially for a fee that high. They also did mention that they weren't willing to pay that much for Pogba.
Yep, AS reported the same thing. Gross debt of over 600 million euros and that they'd been to sell big in order to buy big.

Brophs

The One and Only
I dont think so with Pep at the helm. He knows what he wants and he gets players who thinks fit his system unlike Mancini.
Aye, probably not, but better players have come to the PL and found it a tricky league to adjust to. I'm not sure any of supposed title challengers would carry an expensive player for more than a couple of seasons if they don't perform (I'm not suggesting that'll happen here, necessarily). I don't think Sterling would survive another bad season, for example.

GwilDor

No I agree with you. I don't think he'll ever be world class. Saying that, I think Eric Dier has been vastly overrated by some aswell.
Agreed. That being said i'd rather have Dier than Carvalho. Dier is s bit rough on the edges, and is not a player with the most extreme skills, but he is more well-rounded than a Carvalho/Wanyama type, imo.

MrSingh2002

Rakitic - Barca
Modric - Real
Vidal - Bayern
Pogba - Juve

These are the 4 top box to box midfielders playing for the current top 4 clubs in Europe. I applaud our ambition in trying to sign Pogba who is the heir to the box to box crown.

We SHOULD have bought Rakitic before he went to Barca, we SHOULD have bought Modric before he went to Real and the same for Vidal and Bayern. In my opinion we should go all out for Pogba as he's the missing jigsaw piece in Mourinho's puzzle.

The question remains whether Pogba would sign for us over staying at Juve, as it appears Real are not in the market for another midfielder. We're not in the discussion of current top 4 sides in European football. We're not even in the Champions League. But who's to say that we won't win the Premier League this season? Who's to say we won't win the Champions League next season?

I say put £100m on the Juve table. We're Man United we'll do what we want.

RedRover

Wow Steal of the summer.

Looked good, but you get a lot of time in International football. Looks a bit slow. Good price for him though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Gomes closer.Madrid want to pay 50 + 10.Zidane wants him as substitute for Modric

ChaddyP

He's a Journo from Gazzetta del sport

seems to think the deal is close 100 + 20 in bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.