Summer Transfer Window 2017

AshRK

I think it is high time we start targeting top talents when they are young. Lukaku is a very good buy , similarly we should target players who are young rather than overpaying for average players. The transfer money will only go up and will become even more crazy, we have to start looking at the future while not sacrificing the present. If a quality player is available,just buy him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Big pressumption

I am going to be bold here but I don't think that Herrera warrants to always be a starter. I think we need a step up in quality to be honest.

For me it is either one of the following:

-Herrera becomes the DM and we sign a quality midfielder with some more attacking quality to play with Pogba up top (examples are Naingolan, Keita, Sanches)

- We get a quality DM to partner pogba and let them operate behind a 10. Currently for the 10 would have to be Mkhitaryan or Mata or someone new and quality DM I'am thinking off Fabinho, N'zonzi or Diawara (Matic and Dier are not good enough imo) but then Herrera won't be automatic starter anymore
Think you are correct although not a popular opinion. The think is we probably are a few players away from replacing Herrera as we have bigger issues in the team.

Devil81

Big pressumption

I am going to be bold here but I don't think that Herrera warrants to always be a starter. I think we need a step up in quality to be honest.

For me it is either one of the following:

-Herrera becomes the DM and we sign a quality midfielder with some more attacking quality to play with Pogba up top (examples are Naingolan, Keita, Sanches)

- We get a quality DM to partner pogba and let them operate behind a 10. Currently for the 10 would have to be Mkhitaryan or Mata or someone new and quality DM I'am thinking off Fabinho, N'zonzi or Diawara (Matic and Dier are not good enough imo) but then Herrera won't be automatic starter anymore
I 100% agree, last season Herrera played out of his skin, but the reality is he's a level below the level needed to compete at the very top level.

Devil81

This window has been shite so far for United, we've replaced Zlatan and brought in a defender who's got potential rather than the leadership qualities the backline needed.

We've got nowhere near anyone else we require. I'm seriously worried we could end up having a worse season than last.

peridigm

Starting to think the rumors that things haven't tightened up with the Glazers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
After the last few windows, the moment we had any difficulty in a window or the amount spent dropped the old Glazers won't spend thing was always going to pop back up
And it comes in a window we just dropped £100m+ on two players and are in with negotiations going for two other £40-50m players.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Starting to think the rumors that things haven't tightened up with the Glazers.
Rubbish. The problem has been - again - awful scouting. I don't think we expected Inter to place such a ludicrous price on Perisic and appear to have no fall back option. And also only have Dier and Matic as CM options when their respective clubs are always going to be virtually pointless negotiating with seems dumb. Disappointed with this transfer window not because of lack of activity but lack of planning; hopefully we have something up or sleeve but looking unlikely with the season a couple of weeks away.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Buy young prospects. The very best.

They will still cost a fortune, but we clearly are incapable of buying top tier established talent. We've been trying for half a decade now.

haram

Buy young prospects. The very best.

They will still cost a fortune, but we clearly are incapable of buying top tier established talent. We've been trying for half a decade now.
We signed Pogba. We would have signed Griezmann if not for the ban.

parkthebuslads

I think this window has just exposed how cowardly Jose is/has become as a manager. It's not a huge shock, he was never a risk taker and it's very common for successful managers to become more negative as they get older.

Perhaps a harsh appraisal but ultimately he's had huge resources and an obvious problem: the squad doesn't score enough goals. So why has he failed to bring in players to address this? Looking at the ones we are linked with and looking at who he's used from the existing squad gives us our answer. He wants a Sanchez, someone whose defensively sound but also a phenomenal attacker. The problem is, he's a one off. Still, this is what he wants and this is why he targeted perisic.

It's very frustrating, we once again go into a season with red flags immediately present.

Drifter

American
Not looking good on the incoming side.Struggling to see where the next signing is coming from.