Sunday's gossip

Decotron

heres a good one

Hull chairman Pearson admits Brown could return
25.04.10 | tribalfootball.com

Hull City chairman Adam Pearson cannot rule out Phil Brown returning as manager for next season's return to the Championship.

Brown, 50, was axed as Tigers boss last month with 15 months of his £1.4million-a-year contract still remaining with Iain Dowie stepping in.

He was put on gardening leave because cash-strapped City could not afford to pay him off.

KC Stadium chairman Pearson :”There is no rush to employ a new manager or bring back Phil Brown and tell him what his budget is next year and what he can spend.

“Everything is an option. Definitely, at this stage.”

Decotron

Heres a better one, in fact this one is truely a gem

Tevez ready to QUIT Man City for Liverpool
26.04.10 | tribalfootball.com

Carlos Tevez is ready to QUIT Manchester City if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

The Mail on Sunday says Tevez has become increasingly disillusioned at life at Eastlands under manager Roberto Mancini, and his adviser Kia Joorabchian is believed to have contacted some of Europe's leading clubs as a contingency if City miss out on the top four.

City fans will be dismayed by the split between Tevez and Mancini, having taken the 26-year-old striker to their hearts following his arrival from Manchester United at the start of the campaign.

The Argentine has scored 28 goals this season and has been nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award, which will be announced tonight.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan will be among the contenders to sign him, but there could also be a surprise move from Liverpool, even though their own Champions League hopes are slim.

Liverpool hope the fact that Tevez's friend and Argentina team-mate Javier Mascherano is at the club will boost their chances, although the player would have to kick up a real fuss at Eastlands before City allowed him to move to Anfield for a cut-price £18million.

prateik

no way
dippers cant pay his wages
and cant afford to sign him
unless its tevez+20m=torres or something like that

even then i dont see why tevez would want to go there

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
Tevez - Torres would be a brilliant duo. However if he wanted to quit because of CL problems, why go to Liverpool? With Tottenham and Manchester City's current squads, there is going to be a long way back to the top4. They are going to strengthen this summer, Despite of a Liverpool takover will get the cash, he still needs to get the right names, Liverpool are not in the Champions League next season, and might not be able to choose between the top names in Europe regardless of how much money they get. And you know that Tottenham and especially City will strengthen too. I think Liverpool are done for a while, they need to get rid of Rafa, that is for sure.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Torres - PL could finish me I think this one is more interesting. Is Torres hinting that he could like to leave England?

VoetbalWizard

tevez is a stupid cnut. he'll go to madrid or inter only to find himself on the bench like at united and then start to whinge about it. He obviously rates himself much higher than what he is.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Ribery is a horrible cnut. Just the type of mercenary player that Gill/Fergie said we didn't want.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Heres a better one, in fact this one is truely a gem

Tevez ready to QUIT Man City for Liverpool
26.04.10 | tribalfootball.com

Carlos Tevez is ready to QUIT Manchester City if they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

The Mail on Sunday says Tevez has become increasingly disillusioned at life at Eastlands under manager Roberto Mancini, and his adviser Kia Joorabchian is believed to have contacted some of Europe's leading clubs as a contingency if City miss out on the top four.

City fans will be dismayed by the split between Tevez and Mancini, having taken the 26-year-old striker to their hearts following his arrival from Manchester United at the start of the campaign.

The Argentine has scored 28 goals this season and has been nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award, which will be announced tonight.

Real Madrid and Inter Milan will be among the contenders to sign him, but there could also be a surprise move from Liverpool, even though their own Champions League hopes are slim.

Liverpool hope the fact that Tevez's friend and Argentina team-mate Javier Mascherano is at the club will boost their chances, although the player would have to kick up a real fuss at Eastlands before City allowed him to move to Anfield for a cut-price £18million.
Liverpool is in the Champions League next season :confused:

EZee

Ribery is a horrible cnut. Just the type of mercenary player that Gill/Fergie said we didn't want.
dunno...

keleberson and his 14 year old wife...
anderson who is apparently class with a brass...
rooney and his "granny"

its hardly as if its out of the ordinarry is it...

as for mercenary well we probably cant compete with some clubs if its just about money

Gunnar

theres only one place to live ''MANCHESTER''
sunday 2/5/10

Coach Jose Mourinho will attempt to lure Frank Lampard away from Chelsea in a £30m move, if, as expected, the Portuguese leaves Inter Milan for Real Madrid in the summer.
Full story: Daily Mail

And Mourinho will move for Manchester City's disgruntled striker Carlos Tevez, regardless of whether or not he's at the San Siro or the Bernabeu next term.
Full story: News of the World

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says the only player in the world he would spend £60m on is former Old Trafford star Cristiano Ronaldo, who the Red Devils sold to Real Madrid last summer for £80m. United, meanwhile, have made enquiries over the possibility of signing Chelsea's Joe Cole and Everton's Steven Pienaar on free transfers.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Meanwhile, West Ham will also make a surprise bid to sign former youth academy product Joe Cole on a free transfer this summer.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Sir Alex Ferguson is considering a £20m move for Real Madrid's out-of-favour French striker Karim Benzema, who the Scot tried to sign from Lyon last summer.

Chelsea are eyeing an £18m bid for Valencia's 25-year-old Spanish winger Pablo Hernandez, who has also attracted the attention of Newcastle.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has West Ham midfielder Scott Parker on his summer shopping list, along with Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart, central defenders Brede Hangeland of Fulham and Gary Cahill of Bolton and Aston Villa midfielder James Milner.

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce wants to sign Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland for £4m this summer.

Former Blackburn striker Matt Derbyshire is set to return to Britain from Greek champions Olympiakos, with Celtic considering a swap deal with forward Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Hull midfielder Jimmy Bullard will be offered a Premier League lifeline with Newcastle but must take a £15,000-a-week pay cut from his current £45,000-a-week wages.

OTHER GOSSIP
Croatia boss Slaven Bilic has been lined up for a return to Upton Park to replace Gianfranco Zola as West Ham manager.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has become embroiled in a dispute with the KNVB (the Dutch national federation) over which physio should attend to him during this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

A core of Manchester City's players want to return to former manager Mark Hughes's training regime, according to the club's fitness coach Raymond Verheijen, who has been sidelined by current boss Roberto Mancini.

Martin O'Neill has given his clearest indication yet that he will stay on as manager at Aston Villa next season - "We have to try and go again," the Northern Irishman said.

The Premier League is planning a radical overhaul of the transfer system, including a proposal that clubs must pay for players they buy within 12 months, in a bid to avoid a repeat of Portsmouth's financial meltdown at other top-flight teams.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is the front-runner to succeed Rafa Benitez in the managerial hotseat at Liverpool, and the 62-year-old former Switzerland and Inter Milan boss has told friends he has one big job left in him before he retires.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will be offered a bumper new contract to keep him at White Hart Lane until 2013, and will claim a £500,000 bonus if he earns Spurs a Champions League spot.

AND FINALLY
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has admitted he has never been to Anfield in any capacity ahead of his title-chasing side's crucial match against Liverpool there on Sunday.

Gunnar

theres only one place to live ''MANCHESTER''
09/05/10

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to sign Spain's veteran striker Raul from Real Madrid in a bid to strengthen Spurs' Champions League chances.

West Ham will begin their rebuilding process by signing Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov on a Bosman free transfer from Manchester City.

Manchester City will try and acquire Liverpool superstar Fernando Torres for £40m - £20m short of the Reds' valuation of their prize asset.

Roque Santa Cruz could be offered as a makeweight by Manchester City in their hunt for £10m-rated Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng.

Fulham could pick up midfielder Steven Sidwell on a cut price deal after he was told he can quit Aston Villa.

Tottenham will sign Craig Bellamy in a £6million deal after he fell out with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

OTHER GOSSIP
England coach Fabio Capello is prepared to sacrifice Rio Ferdinand from his 23-man World Cup squad if the Manchester United defender is not fully fit for this summer's tournament. Jamie Carragher, Ledley King and John Terry have all been pencilled in to travel to South Africa.

And Fulham strike Bobby Zamora will at least make Capello's provisional 30-man squad when it is announced at Wembley on Tuesday.

Manchester City, meanwhile, want Capello to eventually take over at Eastlands, with club chiefs prepared to wait until 2012 for his services.

City goalkeeper Shay Given will return from the shoulder injury he suffered last month in time for the Republic of Ireland's first Euro 2012 qualifier against Armenia in September.

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has emerged as the frontrunner to succeed Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill who, it's rumoured, will leave Villa Park in the summer due to his uneasy relationship with owner Randy Lerner.

Portsmouth are to try and sell their entire first team and youth team squads after the FA Cup final in an attempt to cut their 34.2million annual wage bill.
Full story: Sunday Telegraph

Wayne Rooney insists he is happy to stay at Manchester United, despite claims a number of clubs are planning audacious attempts to prise him away from Old Trafford. "I have two years left on my current contract so talks haven't started yet on a new one. But I am sure after the World Cup we will sit down and speak about a new deal."
Full story: The People

Sir Alex Ferguson believes only ill health would force him out of Old Trafford in the immediate future.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has issued a "come and get me" plea to Liverpool.

Liverpool have decided to go British in their search for a new manager, with Aston Villa's Martin O'Neill their number one target.
Full story: Daily Star Sunday

AND FINALLY
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has revealed that bidding for a record-equalling 18th top-flight title can take its toll. "At 68, when you go to sleep at night all you want to do is just wake up the next morning."

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Bloody hell Gunnar, thought I had you this week.

Cheltenham Red

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to sign Spain's veteran striker Raul from Real Madrid in a bid to strengthen Spurs' Champions League chances.

West Ham will begin their rebuilding process by signing Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov on a Bosman free transfer from Manchester City.

Manchester City will try and acquire Liverpool superstar Fernando Torres for £40m - £20m short of the Reds' valuation of their prize asset.

Roque Santa Cruz could be offered as a makeweight by Manchester City in their hunt for £10m-rated Hamburg defender Jerome Boateng.

Fulham could pick up midfielder Steven Sidwell on a cut price deal after he was told he can quit Aston Villa.

Tottenham will sign Craig Bellamy in a £6million deal after he fell out with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini.

OTHER GOSSIP
England coach Fabio Capello is prepared to sacrifice Rio Ferdinand from his 23-man World Cup squad if the Manchester United defender is not fully fit for this summer's tournament. Jamie Carragher, Ledley King and John Terry have all been pencilled in to travel to South Africa.

And Fulham strike Bobby Zamora will at least make Capello's provisional 30-man squad when it is announced at Wembley on Tuesday.

Manchester City, meanwhile, want Capello to eventually take over at Eastlands, with club chiefs prepared to wait until 2012 for his services.

City goalkeeper Shay Given will return from the shoulder injury he suffered last month in time for the Republic of Ireland's first Euro 2012 qualifier against Armenia in September.

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has emerged as the frontrunner to succeed Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill who, it's rumoured, will leave Villa Park in the summer due to his uneasy relationship with owner Randy Lerner.

Portsmouth are to try and sell their entire first team and youth team squads after the FA Cup final in an attempt to cut their 34.2million annual wage bill.
Full story: Sunday Telegraph

Wayne Rooney insists he is happy to stay at Manchester United, despite claims a number of clubs are planning audacious attempts to prise him away from Old Trafford. "I have two years left on my current contract so talks haven't started yet on a new one. But I am sure after the World Cup we will sit down and speak about a new deal."
Full story: The People

Sir Alex Ferguson believes only ill health would force him out of Old Trafford in the immediate future.

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson has issued a "come and get me" plea to Liverpool.

Liverpool have decided to go British in their search for a new manager, with Aston Villa's Martin O'Neill their number one target.
Full story: Daily Star Sunday

AND FINALLY
Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has revealed that bidding for a record-equalling 18th top-flight title can take its toll. "At 68, when you go to sleep at night all you want to do is just wake up the next morning."
18th? thought we had that in the bag,old quotes as isn't Fergie 69 now.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
was watching the back page review thing they do on Sky Sports at midnight, last night, and one of the papers had a Benzema to United story on the back page, with an opening bid of 15million mentioned in the headline.

Haven't seen it anywhere online today, can't remember the paper either - think it was the Mail or the Express

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
was watching the back page review thing they do on Sky Sports at midnight, last night, and one of the papers had a Benzema to United story on the back page, with an opening bid of 15million mentioned in the headline.

Haven't seen it anywhere online today, can't remember the paper either - think it was the Mail or the Express
Saw that too.

15 mill for benzema, fecks sake. :lol:

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
But geebs, do you think that madrid would even consider 15 mill as an opening bid ? Given they bought him for more than twice that amount, he's not done that badly and is just a season into a new club/league where Higuain's form has limited his chances more than his own form.

Plus they are madrid, they dont operate in the realms of a football club, Perez operates RM as a commercial organisation. Personally I dont think they'd even start listening to anything less than 25 mill if we are in for him which I dont think we are anyway.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
But geebs, do you think that madrid would even consider 15 mill as an opening bid ? Given they bought him for more than twice that amount, he's not done that badly and is just a season into a new club/league where Higuain's form has limited his chances more than his own form.

Plus they are madrid, they dont operate in the realms of a football club, Perez operates RM as a commercial organisation. Personally I dont think they'd even start listening to anything less than 25 mill if we are in for him which I dont think we are anyway.
Benzema sitting on the bench for another year taking wages and decreasing further in value is not very wise commercially either.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Benzema sitting on the bench for another year taking wages and decreasing further in value is not very wise commercially either.
Thats only been this way because Higuain has been in exceptional form and there's Raul who might be moving in the summer, so in essence he and Higuain will be their top 2 hitmen which isnt half as extravagant, commercially or otherwise. And imo, they will still stick with him for another year atleast because of his potential and age. otherwise Benzema has the potential and he also has age in his favour, so whenever and if they do decide to sell him, there will be plenty of suitors willing to pay good money.

If not anyone else, there's always city anyway. :p

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
You won't beat me today Gunnar. Today I am the copy'n'paste king!
TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United and Arsenal are *battling to sign Everton central defender Phil Jagielka. Full story: Sunday Mirror

As well as Liverpool striker Fernando Torres, Spurs midfielder Luka Modric is one of Chelsea's summer transfer targets, giving the White Hart Lane club chairman Daniel Levy a major dilemma this summer after their Champions League qualification. Full story: Mail on Sunday

But Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will attempt to start his spending in preparation for the Champions League next season by signing Manchester City defender Micah Richards for around £6m. Full story: Sunday Mirror

Manchester City will raid Real Madrid for striker Gonzalo Higuain if they fail to land Torres from Liverpool. Full story: Sunday Mirror

Everton are poised to make a move to sign highly-rated Torino defender and Italian under-21 international defender Angelo Ogbonna. Full story: goal.com

OTHER GOSSIP

England's campaign to host the 2018 World Cup is in chaos after the Football Association chairman Lord Triesman accused Spain of planning to "bribe" referees in this summer's tournament. Full story: Mail on Sunday

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been saved from the sack by the club's precarious *financial position. Full story: Mail on Sunday

Jonathan Woodgate's injury problems seem set to continue with the Spurs defender still unsure when he will be able to return to full training despite travelling to New York to work with a physio and then to Australia for surgery. Full story: Mail on Sunday

AND FINALLY

Manchester City's owners are set to appoint top architect Rafael Vinoly as the man to design a £1bn sports and leisure complex on a 200-acre site around Eastlands which will transform east Manchester. Full story: Sunday Mirror