Sunderland ‘Til I Die | Season 3 on Netflix on 13th February

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I get double pleasure over the Sunderland thing.

They were super arrogant being in the same division with my boys Wycombe. Pure entitlement complex. When we beat them at our place they were sooo bitter it was unreal.
And when we went up they were beyond salt.

So add their mocking of us over Aguero into the mix, and I'm delighted.

Acole9

Outstanding
You sad acts really need to get over that Poznan
I agree, I've said it several times on here. It's really pathetic. Football fans naturally take the piss out of other clubs, it happened so long ago It's time to get over it.

SAFMUTD

Seems this show was written by George RR Martin. Poor feckers.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I agree, I've said it several times on here. It's really pathetic. Football fans naturally take the piss out of other clubs, it happened so long ago It's time to get over it.
Isn’t that exactly what they’re doing as well then? Taking the piss back?

People on the internet make out like any comment = being obsessed, bitter etc but sometimes it’s just funny. Football is all about this sort of stuff.

Acole9

Outstanding
Isn’t that exactly what they’re doing as well then? Taking the piss back?

People on the internet make out like any comment = being obsessed, bitter etc but sometimes it’s just funny. Football is all about this sort of stuff.
It's been going on for years though and it just comes across as really bitter.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We can't exactly punch around us in the banter stakes these days so we have to aim low.

Really low.

Really, really low.

TheReligion

Abusive
We can't exactly punch around us in the banter stakes these days so we have to aim low.

Really low.

Really, really low.
Finishing as the second best team in arguably the best league in the world.

Well banter me silly and call me Peter Reid.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's been going on for years though and it just comes across as really bitter.
So have all the memes about spurs not winning anything, city having no fans...It’s just banter that comes with supporting a football club.

acnumber9

So how is mocking Sunderland for being in League One any different?

Acole9

Outstanding
So how is mocking Sunderland for being in League One any different?
It's not but our fan base are clearly doing it because of what SAF said after that match, "Don't let them forget this". I think he meant more the following season, not almost ten years later when they're in League fecking one.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's not but our fan base are clearly doing it because of what SAF said after that match, "Don't let them forget this". I think he meant more the following season, not almost ten years later when they're in League fecking one.
Who gives a feck though. That's what I can't get my head around.

Brophs

The One and Only
As someone who has watched him all too often, I can't help feeling that Aiden McGeady is somehow entirely at fault for it all.

acnumber9

It’s a bit of fun. Why do you care?

Acole9

Outstanding
And? How did what they do come across?
What you've just said doesn't really make sense. I can't be arsed to argue with you. Just seems like you don't like what I'm saying and would carry on arguing all night.

TheReligion

Abusive
You don't boast and banter about finishing 2nd. That's just pathetic.

Trophies or nothing.
No one is doing that. People are taking the piss out of Sunderland.

It was more of an observation on your perception of where we are as a club.

Swedish_Plumber

It was perhaps the most dramatic finale of any sporting event and you had fans of a club we’d just beaten and have no particular rivalry with rub it in.
Of course we are going to remember it and feel a little sense of glee in their struggle!
Is it worth bumping a thread about their club? Who knows, but banter is what football is all about so it’s probably not worth arguing over. Not everything you disagree with is worth an argument.

acnumber9

What you've just said doesn't really make sense. I can't be arsed to argue with you. Just seems like you don't like what I'm saying and would carry on arguing all night.
Whatever mate. Would you prefer I just agreed with you despite you talking shite?

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Taking the piss out of Sunderland is absolutely fine, they certainly make it easy to do. Even mentioning the Poznan while taking the piss would be fair enough, it's the level of vitriol for a couple of fans spontaneously jumping up and down with their backs turned nearly a decade ago that comes off as ridiculous. Do Chelsea fans still go on about Swansea and that ball boy?

Josh 76

Taking the piss out of Sunderland is absolutely fine, they certainly make it easy to do. Even mentioning the Poznan while taking the piss would be fair enough, it's the level of vitriol for a couple of fans spontaneously jumping up and down with their backs turned nearly a decade ago that comes off as ridiculous. Do Chelsea fans still go on about Swansea and that ball boy?
I can see both sides to the argument.
How far do you go?

QPR fans celebrated the Augero goal when they knew they were safe.

West Ham for playing out of their skins in 1992 when they had already been relegated. They beat us and cost us the title

Leeds Utd for piping is to the 1992 league title

Blackburn for piping us to the 1995 league title

Then their are the obvious ones. Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

At this rate Utd would hate nearly half the teams in the country

But there is something about that last day at the stadium of light in 2012 that lives in the memory. For me personally I hate Sunderland for that and will never forget.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am watching it right now. Season two. This Charlie Methven dude strikes me as a first grade prick.

Rodgerzzz

This was such a bleak show, hope season 3 is a bit more upbeat given Sunderland's change in fortunes.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Are they going to release episodes weekly or can you binge watch them?

Nico87

3rd Series was much shorter and the episodes themselves seem to waste a lot of time showing clips from previous series.

Not a horrible watch but a fairly dull one, maybe due to Sunderland having a decent and more drama-free season, but also felt like they learnt a lesson of previous seasons and had more control over the final edit. No real buffoons or villains this time and focused on more sympathetic characters.

MarylandMUFan

Really enjoyed it. The ending to the last episode...
...gutted me with the one supporter passing away. Was glad he got to see them promoted but his friend he left behind...going to matches will never be the same for her. Had me in tears.