Sunderland vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We can't complain. He stepped across him with no hope of winning the ball in the box. It was a foul. And a penalty.
Nah it was a dive but looked a soft pen at first. Cleverley stepped behind him if anything.

Gerald G

Don't even get angry when we lose now.

How can anyone say it was a foul unless you're blind? He didn't touch him and Johnson dived. Simple as.

Devil may care

Another game where we played a side as poor as us but still lost and never truly put the opposition keeper under pressure. Moyes looked desperate by the end, I wonder if he's getting any sleep.

mattsville

It was ultimately shite again overall, bar Januzaj. There was one bright spark, when Carrick played that great ball into Giggs's feet he went on a run and hit the bar, it was as if they feared us as to what we can do with the players we have, they retreated and we pinned them in, but we did nothing with all the possession, not a clear cut chance created, again. The goal we got, surprise, a set piece. Moyes going on about the decisions, the free kick just before half time was a free kick, knee in to the back no doubt about it, no need to do it, stupid by Evans we were not under any pressure, but having said that, you have to defend free kicks in games, we defended it badly, again. The peno was a defo peno, clear cut as they come don't see any debate about it. The trend seems to be at the moment we are not creating any clear cut chances regardless of the amount of possession we have and we are not focused defensively, making mistakes, look at them the last 15 mins, they were under the cosh for most of it, the posession we had around their box, they were disciplined, did'nt lose markers, did'nt give away free kicks, as shite as they were, and 3rd bottom of the league, they had a purpose about them when it mattered.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
If only all other 9 players would give 100% like De Gea & Januzaj......we would beat teams like Sunderland 3-0 or 4-1

Moyes: Sorry David.....no more Valencia or you can go David..........and Valencia feck off

darko

Nah it was a dive but looked a soft pen at first. Cleverley stepped behind him if anything.

I didn't see the match as the CC is not coverage on our sports channels. I did see the highlights and the slow motion of the penalty call from two angles. I didn't see him step across him. The only contact he possibly could of made was from the back. By the way he fell, I thought it was a penalty. Having said that, it was a poor move on Cleverley's part to put himself in that vulnerable position. Poor mental decisions are costing the club more than anything.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
It wasn't a slight on your post at all HR. I just think that sometimes it is just too easy to criticise the referee when it is our players that should be going into this match thinking they can win. Apart from Rafa, Vidic, Januzaj and possibly Valencia, there were very few that stood out. For me, this was a must win game and the players probably got told this. We are in need of a trophy and as the expression goes, "any old port in a storm", it rings true for the League cup. However, we did have chances to get a lead in the first half if it wasn't for Giggs and the crossbar. I think we might nick it with a 2-0 in the home leg. Have a good one HR.
This is the least "must win" game on our January schedule, simply because there is a second-leg to this tie. Perosnally, I don't mind if we win the MM Cup or not. We are going through the biggest transition the club has experienced since the late 60's, and perhaps before that. That cup isn't going to change this in any way.

We were poor for most of the game, and didn't deserve an awful lot more. I can't say we deserved anything more than a draw in games where the opposition GK hasn't had a save to make. I can't be bothered about the MM Cup when watching Tom Cleverley play regularly for United I can't help but think that ANY CM in the league could improve our first XI.

Heardy

Is my mate right in saying that away goals don't count in the Capital One cup like they do in the CL?

i.e. would United go through with a 1-0 win at Old Trafford?

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
This is the least "must win" game on our January schedule, simply because there is a second-leg to this tie. Perosnally, I don't mind if we win the MM Cup or not. We are going through the biggest transition the club has experienced since the late 60's, and perhaps before that. That cup isn't going to change this in any way.

We were poor for most of the game, and didn't deserve an awful lot more. I can't say we deserved anything more than a draw in games where the opposition GK hasn't had a save to make. I can't be bothered about the MM Cup when watching Tom Cleverley play regularly for United I can't help but think that ANY CM in the league could improve our first XI.

I have been highly critical of Ravel Morrison over the last couple of weeks, but I must admit, even he would have done a better job over the last few weeks than Cleverley. This is not a slight on Cleverley of course. It is just that I have watched near enough every single game out of all the 1,961 minutes he has played since August 2013, he has probably had a good 80 or so minutes out of all those minutes. Yes, he provided the corner that Vidic scored from, but apart from that, he has done very little. Let us be honest for one moment here and say that he plays for the dippers. We'd be laughing at the dippers for having such an average CM. Some argue that he is tired, some argue that it is lack of confidence, some say that it is a lack of games, but I think it is simply a lack of ability to do his job; He is afraid to get into 50/50 tackles, he passes back on a regular basis, and he is simply not England quality. If he is left out of the squad for Brazil, then I would not be disappointed. Secondly, when he misplaces a pass, he is disgusted of course, but he should be saying to himself "FFS!" I say this because each time he misplaces a pass, he lets every single one of his teammates know that he has messed up and all it takes is one negative character in the squad and that affects the whole team and it has been showing for some time. I think Moyes needs to take him to one side and tell him like it is, try and listen to any problems he may have, just to simply get rid of the negativity because it will continue to dissipate the morale of the team. If you have ever had a negative-type in the workplace then you know what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.