Supercoppa Italiana | Juventus v AC Milan

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Happening now, 0-0.

Being held in Saudi Arabia, I encourage anyone to tune in to listen to the exceptionally bad atmosphere. When the ball is being passed around, there's literally almost no noise.

Also, why in Saudi Arabia?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Why can't they host it in Rome: A neutral city and have 50:50 Juve and Milan fans? Why on earth go to Saudi Arabia? Is it some sort of shit marketing ploy?

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Why can't they host it in Rome: A neutral city and have 50:50 Juve and Milan fans? Why on earth go to Saudi Arabia? Is it some sort of shit marketing ploy?
Money is the most obvious answer. I don't see any other reason.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I read it’s because they’re getting paid handsomely for it. Nevermind the fact that their fans can’t attend, that women can’t watch without being accompanied by a man and the general lack of human rights.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
The Fratelli's starts playing when Juve score a disallowed goal :lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Oof that attempt from CR7. Almost.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Don't worry, we'll no doubt join the Italian FA in the next 5-10 years.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Paqueta looks like a good signing for Milan. Decent game so far, Juve look a lot more entertaining with Cancelo and Costa playing and Mandzukic out.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Paqueta looks like a good signing for Milan. Decent game so far, Juve look a lot more entertaining with Cancelo and Costa playing and Mandzukic out.
Also a let less threatening though

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Also a let less threatening though
Only 45 minutes and it's a final so I'm not sure, I think they should go with this front 3 in the easier league games at least. You can tell it's much easier to create chances for them.

When the CL comes Mandzukic has to play though.

Schneckerl

Wonder if the Charity Shield will be moved to a different country soon, with the Italian/Spanish super cup being played in Saudi Arabia/Morocco.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Wonder if the Charity Shield will be moved to a different country soon, with the Italian/Spanish super cup being played in Saudi Arabia/Morocco.
I doubt it. The likes of Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are desperate to get the type of global audience the Premier League already has.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Same movement as the goal vs United, everytime either Pjanic or Bonucci have the ball they act as triggers for Ronaldo to make a direct run

Kostov

Wtf is the referee doing here. Absolute bonkers. He gives a yellow for a challenge then reviews on VAR himself and corrects himself giving a red instead. A minute before Matuidi had a similarly bad challenge on Calabria not even a yellow. Absolute dross of a man.

It's B Rubble

So Milan get a player sent off for a tackle that was similar to Matuidi’s a few minutes before. Ref didn’t go to VAR for that challenge but went to it for the Milan player. Corrupt to the max, I would be fuming if I was Gatusso.

Comfortable for Juve in the end.

Funny how AC Milan players evidently dont pass to Bakayoko.:lol:
He is something else. Amazing how good Jardim made him look at Monaco.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is the Italian equivalent of what? Our league cup?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They always play their super cup midway in the season, no specific reason except they like it that way. Each league prefers their own timing of this super cup.
Nope. It's the third time that's happened. My guess is it's down to the location(the other two times it was held in Doha). Playing in the arabian peninsula in august would be impossible

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They've previously played this in Libya and New York in recent years.

Makes fair bit of sense for me. Don't mess with the normal fixtures and give foreign viewers a reasonably competitive game between two star teams.

Would anyone care if Community shield was played abroad? La Liga should do it aswell rather than messing with their league fixtures (is that still happening btw).

el3mel

They've previously played this in Libya and New York in recent years.

Makes fair bit of sense for me. Don't mess with the normal fixtures and give foreign viewers a reasonably competitive game between two star teams.

Would anyone care if Community shield was played abroad? La Liga should do it aswell rather than messing with their league fixtures (is that still happening btw).
Supercup is actually a trophy, unlike Community Shield. England is the only big country in which the match between league and cup winners is useless, not a trophy and no one cares about it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Supercup is actually a trophy, unlike Community Shield. England is the only big country in which the match between league and cup winners is useless, not a trophy and no one cares about it.
The teams do go up the Wembley steps and winner lifts the shield. Can't remember if they get medals.

Mourinho counts it as a trophy and that's good enough for me.;)