SuperCupNI 2023 (23-28 July)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Both our U18s as well as the U16s will take part in the traditional SuperCupNI (former Milk Cup) at the end of July. It’s the 40th anniversary of the tournament.

U18s will play Hertha Berlin, Liverpool and Valencia in the Boys Elite section.

U16s face local side County Fermanagh, Dundalk Schoolboys League from the RoI and Japanese side Ichifuna in the group stages.

Other notable clubs in the Boys Premier (U16) section are Newcastle, Brighton, Rangers, St. Kevins and Tigres from Mexico.

The venues are in Ballymena, Coleraine, Castlerock and Scroggy Road.

U18:
24 July 19:45 BST - United 1-2 Hertha (Musa)
26 July 19:45 BST - United 0-1 Liverpool
28 July 20:00 BST - United 2-4 Valencia (Jackson, Scanlon)

U16:
24 July 15:00 BST - Dundalk SB 0-1 United (Fitzgerald)
25 July 19:00 BST - Ichifuna 0-2 United (Fitzgerald 2)
26 July 15:00 BST - Fermanagh 0-2 United (Balogun, Mantato)
27 July 19:00 BST - United 1(3)-1(4) Londonderry (Lacey)
28 July 15:00 BST - United 3-0 Antrim (Nkoto, Devaney, Thwaites)

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout

Ten matches in total will be live, with each of the six Elite matches featuring Manchester United, Liverpool, Valencia and Hertha Berlin streamed and the Minor, Junior and Premier section finals of the boys competition will be streamed alongside the Premier girls’ final.

The matches will be priced at £5 per game for each live stream, £3 to purchase the game on demand and there will be a SuperCupNI channel pass option for £25, which will allow fans to avail of all of the SuperCupNI live games and other content for 7 days from sign up.

Football fans can sign up at recast.tv/SuperCupNI and upon sign up they will receive 25 free Cast Credits. Cast Credits are Recast’s unique in-platform currency and content is priced from just 1 Cast per minute (which is equal to 1p per minute). Casts can either be purchased or earned in-platform by watching ads, sharing videos or data, or by inviting friends to join.

Gungerz

Squads for the tournament:

Elite (U19s)

1. Tom Wooster
2. Habeeb Ogunneye
3. James Nolan
4. Reece Munro
5. Louis Jackson
6. Finley Mcallister
7. Ashton Missin
8. Jack Moorhouse
9. Ethan Wheatley
10. Adam Berry
11. Ethan Williams
12. Jaydan Kamason
13. Tom Myles
14. Zachary Baumann
15. James Scanlon
16. Sekou Kaba
17. Victor Aigbomian Musa
18. Gabriele Biancheri

Premier (U17s)

1. William Murdock
2. Freddie Freedman
3. Godwill Kukonki
4. Albert Mills
5. Dan Armer
6. Jayce Fitzgerald
7. Shea Lacey
8. Jacob Devaney
9. Siem Abraha
10. Jim Thwaites
11. Bendito Mantato
12. James Bailey
13. Cameron Byrne-Hughes
14. Douka Nkoto
15. Nathaniel Mapengu
16. Majid Balogun
17. Rafe Mccormack
18. Neithan Barbosa

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout

Elite (U19s)

1. Tom Wooster
2. Habeeb Ogunneye
3. James Nolan
4. Reece Munro
5. Louis Jackson
6. Finley Mcallister
7. Ashton Missin
8. Jack Moorhouse
9. Ethan Wheatley
10. Adam Berry
11. Ethan Williams
12. Jaydan Kamason
13. Tom Myles
14. Zachary Baumann
15. James Scanlon
16. Sekou Kaba
18. Gabriele Biancheri

Premier (U17s)

1. William Murdock
2. Freddie Freedman
3. Godwill Kukonki
4. Albert Mills
5. Dan Armer
6. Jayce Fitzgerald
7. Shea Lacey
8. Jacob Devaney
9. Siem Abraha
10. Jim Thwaites
11. Bendito Mantato
12. James Bailey
13. Cameron Byrne-Hughes
14. Douka Nkoto
15. Nathaniel Mapengu
16. Majid Balogun
17. Rafe Mccormack
18. Neithan Barbosa
Cheers! A bit surprised we chose to name Lacey in the younger group, but perhaps it’s done to give more minutes to Musa, Kaba, Biancheri etc.

Edit: Guess we’re still waiting for that international clearance for Amass and the Fletchers.

Last edited:

Demaw

Any news on Amir Ibragimov? I hear amazing things about him.

Bertie Wooster

Thanks for the squad info.

Hadn't noticed that about the streaming charges though. Usually a few United games are free on the BBC internet - do you have to pay elsewhere if you want to watch them this year, or will the BBC be covering any of the games as well?

Last edited:

Gungerz

Here's the Premier squad. Rory Leech is also there despite not being named on the website.

Bigsid

Elite (U19s)

1. Tom Wooster
2. Habeeb Ogunneye
3. James Nolan
4. Reece Munro
5. Louis Jackson
6. Finley Mcallister
7. Ashton Missin
8. Jack Moorhouse
9. Ethan Wheatley
10. Adam Berry
11. Ethan Williams
12. Jaydan Kamason
13. Tom Myles
14. Zachary Baumann
15. James Scanlon
16. Sekou Kaba
18. Gabriele Biancheri

Premier (U17s)

1. William Murdock
2. Freddie Freedman
3. Godwill Kukonki
4. Albert Mills
5. Dan Armer
6. Jayce Fitzgerald
7. Shea Lacey
8. Jacob Devaney
9. Siem Abraha
10. Jim Thwaites
11. Bendito Mantato
12. James Bailey
13. Cameron Byrne-Hughes
14. Douka Nkoto
15. Nathaniel Mapengu
16. Majid Balogun
17. Rafe Mccormack
18. Neithan Barbosa
Nkoto was u12 last season. Be really interesting to see how he gets on against u17s.

PS18

Cheers! A bit surprised we chose to name Lacey in the younger group, but perhaps it’s done to give more minutes to Musa, Kaba, Biancheri etc.

Edit: Guess we’re still waiting for that international clearance for Amass and the Fletchers.
As far as I can tell Lacey and Fitzgerald in the younger group is just an age thing - the age groupings are actually U18 and U16 (rather than U19 and U17) but they’re using calendar year rather than the school year - so it’s players born on or after 1/1/05 in the Elite and players born on or after 1/1/07 in the Premier. Given our new first years are Sep 06-Aug 07, it basically means the ‘older’ first years are in the elite squad and the younger ones like Lacey and Fitzgerald in the Premier.

Obviously there are exceptions because they need to have a balanced squad (e.g. Munro is a 2007-born but the Elite squad needs defenders, whereas they’re more covered in midfield/attack), but as a general rule it means pretty much everyone gets to be involved one way or another, which given it’s pre-season is more important than just having the best Elite team but also a load of kids twiddling their thumbs at home.

Bertie Wooster

Before I decide whether to pay for the streaming or not I just want to check something - are the Premier (U16/17) group games not available? As they're the ones I would most want to watch to see a lot of the players that would be newer to me.

Would I only actually get to see the 3 United Elite games, and the final of whichever section the U16's get to - if they get there? So just 3 or 4 games in total? If so, I'm better paying £5 for each match rather than the £25.00 package - as it would cost £15, at most £20, for all the available United games?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
No Ibragimov is a surprise. Maybe the visa issue or an injury.

Beaucoup

Before I decide whether to pay for the streaming or not I just want to check something - are the Premier (U16/17) group games not available? As they're the ones I would most want to watch to see a lot of the players that would be newer to me.

Would I only actually get to see the 3 United Elite games, and the final of whichever section the U16's get to - if they get there? So just 3 or 4 games in total? If so, I'm better paying £5 for each match rather than the £25.00 package - as it would cost £15, at most £20, for all the available United games?
Correct

Gungerz

Murdock - Freeman, Mills, Armer, Kukonki - Devaney, Fitzgerald (c), Thwaites - Lacey, Abraha, Mantato

Gungerz

1-0 Jayce Fitzgerald.

12-year-old (assuming you believe his listed age) Nkoto has been subbed on.

Bertie Wooster

I didn't recognise Douka Nkoto's name, but having checked I see he's one of those young Cameroonian twins we signed last year. I'd forgotten their age - is that what they are then, 12? Seems awfully young to be promoted up to the U16's, but then I guess Shoretire and Ibragimov were playing U18's at 14.

Bigsid

I didn't recognise Douka Nkoto's name, but having checked I see he's one of those young Cameroonian twins we signed last year. I'd forgotten their age - is that what they are then, 12? Seems awfully young to be promoted up to the U16's, but then I guess Shoretire and Ibragimov were playing U18's at 14.
The clues perhaps in the country of birth given their issues under Eto in recent years.

Bertie Wooster

The clues perhaps in the country of birth given their issues under Eto in recent years.
That's a valid point, yeah.

Anyway, good to see the U16's won with 10 men. Match winner Jayce Fitzgerald one of the few (along with Lacey) to already have good experience at U18 level so hopefully they'll stand out at the tournament.

Pericles

Will the Under-18s game with Hertha be shown on Recast. I can't find it on their schedule.

Bertie Wooster

I was just looking up some of the players from the U16 squad that I wasn't familiar with, and I realised Louis Bradbury - the striker we signed from Shrewsbury - isn't there. He's either 14 or 15, which looks around the same age as the strikers in the squad (Abraha, Balogun?) I'm not sure if they've just got picked ahead of him, or if he's injured or unavailable?

Speaking of the latter, do we know if Ibragimov is missing due to issues with his Russian nationality like with another youth competition recently? Or is he injured / unavailable for other reasons?

Gungerz

I was just looking up some of the players from the U16 squad that I wasn't familiar with, and I realised Louis Bradbury - the striker we signed from Shrewsbury - isn't there. He's either 14 or 15, which looks around the same age as the strikers in the squad (Abraha, Balogun?) I'm not sure if they've just got picked ahead of him, or if he's injured or unavailable?

Speaking of the latter, do we know if Ibragimov is missing due to issues with his Russian nationality like with another youth competition recently? Or is he injured / unavailable for other reasons?
Bradbury is an U15, while Balogun & Abraha are U16s. The only U15s in the squad are McCormack & Barbosa (plus U13 Nkoto).

Gungerz

vs Hertha Berlin: Wooster; Ogunneye, Munro, Jackson, Nolan; McAllister, Moorhouse; Missin, Berry, Williams; Wheatley

PS18

Poor performance, pretty terrible game in general to be fair - outside of the 3 minute spell both their goals came in neither side threatened much. Early pre-season stuff I guess. Officials were way out of their depth. Coverage was absolutely not worth £5 a pop (no replays, poor presentation, poor camerawork).

Wooster did well. Struggle to pick many other positives - Moorhouse maybe in the first half, and Kamason when he came on.

Bertie Wooster

Poor performance, pretty terrible game in general to be fair - outside of the 3 minute spell both their goals came in neither side threatened much. Early pre-season stuff I guess. Officials were way out of their depth. Coverage was absolutely not worth £5 a pop (no replays, poor presentation, poor camerawork).

Wooster did well. Struggle to pick many other positives - Moorhouse maybe in the first half, and Kamason when he came on.
Yep. Good assessment. Disappointing game.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Have a look see what you think! Believe they were aged 10 officially at this point.

https://infoguidenigeria.com/man-united-officially-sign-two-players-from-cameroon/
Photo taken last year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet even at 10 they had 5 o'clock shadows and a deep raspy Lou Rawls voice to boot.

Secondly are we sure they are even twins? The kid on the left looks like the love child of the lead singer from Fine Young Cannibals and the one on the right looks like Mbappe's.

What's the Cameroonian definition? Same mum but can be different years? (due to 'long' labour.)

Last edited: