Surveillance Draft R1: P-Nut vs Tuppet

Who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
TBF i didnt criticize Enrique, think he is a brilliant well-rounded player that can play across the whole offensive line. I rate him as the second/third best offensive(strikers included) player at the pitch behind Zidane as i cant decide between him and Rui Costa.
Just dont think in this scenario he wouldnt be used to best of his abilities....as i said earlier, a very tight game(very small advantage pnut) that will be decided with injuries.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
TBF i didnt criticize Enrique, think he is a brilliant well-rounded player that can play across the whole offensive line. I rate him as the second/third best offensive(strikers included) player at the pitch behind Zidane as i cant decide between him and Rui Costa.
Just dont think in this scenario he wouldnt be used to best of his abilities....as i said earlier, a very tight game(very small advantage pnut) that will be decided with injuries.
Could you please take the tactical changes and post at 2130? I don't think I'll be able to do it until 2230.

30 mins - Garay and Leonardo Injured - subs and tactics changes

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
For @Tuppet - Leonardo was injured and replaced by Francisco Arce who moves to right back, Panucci moves to left.

@P-Nut0712

Garay was injured and replaced by Carragher
Robinho is on for Carrick.

harms

Staff
Interesting that all 3 of P-Nut center backs played as a right back/right center back at some point

Šjor Bepo

speedy harmsito:o

As i thought, injuries changed a lot! All my comments about Enrique now go down the drain and he turns from a passenger to a game changer with Arce providing the width so he can play his natural role. Of course that means the problem just switches sides but Lucho is a bigger game changer then Forlan, he is against much weaker opponent then Forlan was + Zidane likes to drift on the left so that helps a little bit, but literally a little.

Pnut got fecked, i liked Carrick behind Keano and Vieira because he "allowed" the team to have proper wingers in the team, without that safety net you have to account their defensive game and Ginola certainly doesnt fit the bill and IIRC nor does Super Mario even though i might be wrong on that one. Pnut was winning because of his defensive unit and now he lost that, yes he upped the offensive side but it probably wont be enough + he is out of subs now so one more injurie and he is playing with 10 men(thats irrelevant for now though)?

Enigma_87

You know who
@harms,
how are two players injured at the same time? I thought one will be injured at the 8th hour mark and the other at 16th?

also please use this one:

nitpicking fecker but the two players with wrong names irked me a bit and also I know P-nut has issues with sharemytactics.

harms

Staff
@harms,
how are two players injured at the same time? I thought one will be injured at the 8th hour mark and the other at 16th?
One for each team.
P-Nut made a sub because he had to drop Carrick due to the Carragher substitutuion

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
speedy harmsito:o

As i thought, injuries changed a lot! All my comments about Enrique now go down the drain and he turns from a passenger to a game changer with Arce providing the width so he can play his natural role. Of course that means the problem just switches sides but Lucho is a bigger game changer then Forlan, he is against much weaker opponent then Forlan was + Zidane likes to drift on the left so that helps a little bit, but literally a little.

Pnut got fecked, i liked Carrick behind Keano and Vieira because he "allowed" the team to have proper wingers in the team, without that safety net you have to account their defensive game and Ginola certainly doesnt fit the bill and IIRC nor does Super Mario even though i might be wrong on that one. Pnut was winning because of his defensive unit and now he lost that, yes he upped the offensive side but it probably wont be enough + he is out of subs now so one more injurie and he is playing with 10 men(thats irrelevant for now though)?
I would have been playing with 10 anyways as I messed up my reinforcements by thinking Carragher retired years ago.

Enigma_87

You know who
One for each team.
P-Nut made a sub because he had to drop Carrick due to the Carragher substitutuion
I see, so we're definitely losing 2 players at every game one at 8th hour and one at 16th hour mark.

P-Nut

I see, so we're definitely losing 2 players at every game one at 8th hour and one at 16th hour mark.
I thought the same as you. The way it was labelled as each team should lose 1/2 a player each game meant that there was 1 injury per 8 hour slot with a 50% chance of it being your team in each.

Enigma_87

You know who
I thought the same as you. The way it was labelled as each team should lose 1/2 a player each game meant that there was 1 injury per 8 hour slot with a 50% chance of it being your team in each.
aye, must've misread it myself.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
The probability is for 1/4 of an injury per team per randomisation. It just so happened that two players were injured from both teams were injured at once. So on average we should just have 1 per game (0.5 per team).

P-Nut

The probability is for 1/4 of an injury per team per randomisation. It just so happened that two players were injured from both teams were injured at once. So on average we should just have 1 per game (0.5 per team).
Ah right. Can you send the 8 hour injuries please as I'll be asleep when they are done.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Carrick, Keane, Vieira. That actually works as far as I can tell, and easily dominates an opposition midfield which has Ince in it.

Tuppet

Carrick, Keane, Vieira. That actually works as far as I can tell, and easily dominates an opposition midfield which has Ince in it.
Well I guess I am obliged to tell you that Carrick got subbed out after 30 minutes, if that makes any difference for you.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Well I guess I am obliged to tell you that Carrick got subbed out after 30 minutes, if that makes any difference for you.
Weakens his midfield a bit, but overall I'd still back that team to dominate the ball. Vieira and Keane is still a solid pairing.

harms

Staff
Weakens his midfield a bit, but overall I'd still back that team to dominate the ball. Vieira and Keane is still a solid pairing.
Schweiny - Ince too. Not quite as good but I actually think that they'll dovetail better

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Schweiny - Ince too. Not quite as good but I actually think that they'll dovetail better
Maybe, but it would depend a lot on how well Ince is allowed to play, imo. With Vieira and Keane about, I'm not sure he'll be seeing much of the ball. He won't be able to impose himself much on the game here, and I think Vieira and Keane are both a level above Schweinsteiger. That will be blasphemy to many people in the draft crowd, but both impressed me more than Schweinsteiger during their careers.

Deleted member 101472

Two pure central midfielders, both of them pretty much always the most intimidating player on the park and now they are beside one another. They will devour ince and schweinsteiger in every conceivable way that a midfield battle can be fought.

bleezy

I think it is a bit of an injustice to Ince and Schweinsteiger to say they won't even compete. Neither would shy away from the challenge at all, and they'd make it a game for sure.

Saying that, I'd edge towards P-nut getting the better of Tuppet's side overall but I don't think there'd be much in it. Maybe from a moment of individual brilliance, and I'd say the individual quality is a bit more on Tuppet's side. Hard fought draw so far for me.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I think it is a bit of an injustice to Ince and Schweinsteiger to say they won't even compete. Neither would shy away from the challenge at all, and they'd make it a game for sure.
Not sure it is an injustice. I mean Keane (almost single handed) dominated a midfield that was comprised of Deschamps, Zidane and Davids. Pair him with a peak Vieira, and I think that domination is only furthered.

Deleted member 101472

Not sure it is an injustice. I mean Keane (almost single handed) dominated a midfield that was comprised of Deschamps, Zidane and Davids. Pair him with a peak Vieira, and I think that domination is only furthered.
Exactly, I think there's a reluctance to imagine them working well together due to their hatred for each other but they put it aside in the best of enemies documentary so they can do it on the field.

That duo is all time level, both at their peak there isn't too many number 10s I see having any joy against them.

Šjor Bepo

Keano is one of my favorite players but feck me you are overblowing the facts. Keane was fantastic in that game but so was his midfield partner Nicky Butt and the whole team played really well.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Keano is one of my favorite players but feck me you are overblowing the facts. Keane was fantastic in that game but so was his midfield partner Nicky Butt and the whole team played really well.
I really don't think I am. I've watched that game about twenty times, and Butt put in an excellent shift, but Keane was all over the pitch -- he was the decisive player. But even if we concede that Butt played an important ancillary role, just imagine how much better Vieira at his peak does.

Šjor Bepo

I really don't think I am. I've watched that game about twenty times, and Butt put in an excellent shift, but Keane was all over the pitch -- he was the decisive player. But even if we concede that Butt played an important ancillary role, just imagine how much better Vieira at his peak does.
Well, i dont disagree that Keane was the best player on the pitch nor that he didnt play a great game im just saying he didnt do it single handed, not even close because the others played very good as well, specially Nicky Butt.

P-Nut

Exactly, I think there's a reluctance to imagine them working well together due to their hatred for each other but they put it aside in the best of enemies documentary so they can do it on the field.

That duo is all time level, both at their peak there isn't too many number 10s I see having any joy against them.
This was exactly my point in the actual drafting thread. Keane and Vieira are for me 2 of the best box to box midfielders I've ever seen. Having them both in one side is like cheating for dominating a midfield battle. That is the area Schweinsteiger and Ince excel in but unfortunately for Tuppet there strengths are also Keane and Vieiras so they get beat 99/100 times.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Well, i dont disagree that Keane was the best player on the pitch nor that he didnt play a great game im just saying he didnt do it single handed, not even close because the others played very good as well, specially Nicky Butt.
I agree, Butt had a great game. One of the most under appreciated players we've ever had. Still, Keane was a level above (not just Butt, but a level above every player on the pitch that night). Keane was made for the big games.

He broke up Juve's play by strangling the midfield, and started that epic comeback with a cracking header. He made runs nonstop, popping up on both channels. What I'm saying is, that if that version of Keane is playing, and we get a peak Vieira to replace Butt (as good as Butt was, he was no Vieira), then I really can't see the opposition midfield having any joy whatsoever. Vieira knew when to hold, when to go forward (was technically brilliant when carrying the ball forward, has to be said); and Keane could also do both in abundance. It's just an excellent pairing, and I think people are being slightly disingenuous to suggest that Schweinsteiger and Ince are going to be anywhere near the same level. This is only one battle in this potential match up, but it's one which is resoundingly won by Pnut's team. I think most would have to concede that point. Having watched all of these players play, I don't even think it's a contest (if all are playing at their absolute peak, that is). The midfield battle is locked in for Pnuts here.

Tuppet

Schweinsteiger is getting incredibly under rated here. He is right up there with Keane and is a better midfielder than Vieira. A key player in a Treble win for Bayern and was Germany's talisman in a world cup win. Ince I agree that is not as complete as either Keane and Vieira, since they are better dribblers and passers but in a purely defensive sense he is also very good and probably fits better.

Keane and Vieira are better but they are also facing much tougher opposition in Zidane, who is a superior player than Costa. There is no way my midfield could be considered a weakness in any way. I also have a superior defense and a batter overall attack.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Anyway here are two examples Lucho scoring from right side, and there are countless examples of him working both the outside and inside right channels -

Good work. Always good to see a manager arguing his case with evidence. That said, I think you look stronger now since the injuries. Arce supporting Lucho is an excellent flank, and its hard to imagine Ginola doing anything much to stop them. Carragher is a pretty good fit at LCB for Pnut but he'll be seriously stretched here without adequate support from Ginola.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Schweinsteiger is getting incredibly under rated here. He is right up there with Keane and is a better midfielder than Vieira. A key player in a Treble win for Bayern and was Germany's talisman in a world cup win. Ince I agree that is not as complete as either Keane and Vieira, since they are better dribblers and passers but in a purely defensive sense he is also very good and probably fits better.
Vieira led Arsenal through an unbeaten league campaign, won a World Cup and European Championship with France. If Schweinsteiger is better than Vieira, it's very marginal. I'd still go for Vieira over Schweinsteiger, though.

Keane and Vieira are better but they are also facing much tougher opposition in Zidane, who is a superior player than Costa. There is no way my midfield could be considered a weakness in any way. I also have a superior defense and a batter overall attack.
I don't think they'll struggle with Zidane, who is obviously better than his counterpart in Costa. I just think Costa will have more of an impact here because Keane and Vieira will provide him with a far better platform, and Zizu was quite often a passenger in games. True, his moments of brilliance could often win matches, but I think he could be stifled and frustrated here.

It's not a resounding win for Pnuts, but he just about edges my vote on the basis of his team (from what I can see) controlling the middle of the park. The rest of the game is pretty even, though I do think Forlan/Ibra is a better partnership than Drogba/Robinho.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Still abit confused about how injury system works tbh. Are both teams going to lose yet another player or is that it now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Still abit confused about how injury system works tbh. Are both teams going to lose yet another player or is that it now.
They might lose another player if the randomiser draws out numbers assigned to their players. If not, then the teams would not get any injuries.