Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Yashin

Carlos Alberto Beckenbauer Nesta Santos
........Rijkaard
Xavi........
Gullit.........Suarez......Charlton
Müller​

Beckenbauer in his 1972 supporting role. Something like that with the Spanish Barca version of Suarez :drool::drool::drool: would have been feckin brilliant, all great players who've incidentally have won the Ballon dor (coincidence) and filled with favorites of mine. Plenty of tactical nous, graft, goal threat and individualism flowing through the side without taking anything away from Xavi's game play.
That's an interesting side. Apart from name recognition, it has a thrust of directness and a focal point up front which your side unfortunately lacked.

Hope you're back drafting soon, you are a wealth of knowledge and put serious effort into the match threads.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Hope you're back drafting soon, you are a wealth of knowledge and put serious effort into the match threads.
Oh, \joga is missing the next one :( Maybe he'll join someone later

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Oh, \joga is missing the next one :( Maybe he'll join someone later
Was really looking forward to the EE draft and I had a few favourites who I really wanted to build the team around but unfortunately don't have sufficient time to play, without doing a half-arsed job that is.

Tuppet

Good game @Tuppet. That's a fine team you've assembled and I couldn't believe how Zidane lasted down to you.

Do think you should get a centre forward and play Enrique as the RB with Forlan playing as the LWF behind a forward and you'd be great imo.

In hindsight I shouldn't have gone overboard with Xavi and Seedorf as they simply blocked too many players but I don't regret it one bit as my prime intention was to build the side around him and I knew it would have been hard to improve my initial side or progress significantly. Far too often he's had to play a normal supporting deep-ish role in a 4-2-3-1 without the full reins of the side being handed over to him, like he had been at his peak. Although it would be interesting to see if an all time side built around him in such a set up could outmanouvre a side built around a more flashy great.

Yashin

Carlos Alberto Beckenbauer Nesta Santos
........Rijkaard
Xavi........
Gullit.........Suarez......Charlton
Müller​

Beckenbauer in his 1972 supporting role. Something like that with the Spanish Barca version of Suarez :drool::drool::drool: would have been feckin brilliant, all great players who've incidentally have won the Ballon dor (coincidence) and filled with favorites of mine. Plenty of tactical nous, graft, goal threat and individualism flowing through the side without taking anything away from Xavi's game play.

Definitely the wrong draft to build too specific a system given the restrictions but I knew I wouldn't be able to play again for some time, so might as well give it a shot now.
Great game Joga. hope you are back and drafting soon.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Good game @Tuppet. That's a fine team you've assembled and I couldn't believe how Zidane lasted down to you.

Do think you should get a centre forward and play Enrique as the RB with Forlan playing as the LWF behind a forward and you'd be great imo.
I had Zidane, Forlan and Lucho in the 70s draft and I probably lost it on the back of that. "No width" yadda yadda.

In fairness, it wasn't width but peak Diego and peak Zidane most likely bumping into wach other.

Tuppet

I had Zidane, Forlan and Lucho in the 70s draft and I probably lost it on the back of that. "No width" yadda yadda.

In fairness, it wasn't width but peak Diego and peak Zidane most likely bumping into wach other.
I mentioned it before but these things usually only affect drafts. In real life Zidane played with Henry & Del piero and may be others who play inside left channel and it hardly affected his performance.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I mentioned it before but these things usually only affect drafts. In real life Zidane played with Henry & Del piero and may be others who play inside left channel and it hardly affected his performance.
Agreed, I can see a more creative ball hogging left wing/inside left being at logger heads with Zidane, not Forlan by any means. Don't think anyone raised any concerns with Zidane-Forlan either apart from Ibra-Zidane which did have some issues compatibility wise.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I never felt Zidane played well with Henry. Zidane's style didn't really complement Henry IMO. Bergkamp's playstyle was far better suited to Henry. Zidane liked having more time on the ball per sequence. Bergkamp and Henry were more optimized for a faster tempo.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Depends which Forlán you want. Atléticos Pichichi? No issue. But the WC2010 Golden Ball version had everything running through him.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
That is why, I think it is always a good idea to specify in the write-up the version of a player like Forlan 06-09.

I never felt Zidane played well with Henry. Zidane's style didn't really complement Henry IMO. Bergkamp's playstyle was far better suited to Henry. Zidane liked having more time on the ball per sequence. Bergkamp and Henry were more optimized for a faster tempo.
I share your view. On the other hand, Bergkamp is rather a support striker.

LV Monopoly D: R1 - Jayvin vs crappy