Tactical Draft

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Looking at the teams we have seen so far, and also what I already hinted at regarding our game tomorrow, it is pretty clear all the managers were not at the same page regarding this and we simply went with our own interpretations. Many have already created new setups different from what the player played in or was supposedly best in to make them a 'central player'. When the idea of this draft was first floated around, it was said the team will be 'built around' this assigned player and that means something very specific.
Moved it here so we dont ruin the game.
I dont see the difference tbh, if the player has the main role in the team and manager built a team to get the best out of that player how the team isnt built around him? If you mean literally then i dont know, 99% of draft regulars and players that should be in drafts but are not dont need a team built around them, there are very small amount of players that they need a complete team built around them and most of them are done to death in drafts so we assumed everyone would "get" what we mean.
There is nothing wrong with new setups as we said from the start, like in every draft proven setups and partnerships is the safe route but nobody is forced to go there, as long as your player is suited to a certain system you are fine you dont have to replicate the system in which he played before.

Moby

Dick
Moved it here so we dont ruin the game.
I dont see the difference tbh, if the player has the main role in the team and manager built a team to get the best out of that player how the team isnt built around him? If you mean literally then i dont know, 99% of draft regulars and players that should be in drafts but are not dont need a team built around them, there are very small amount of players that they need a complete team built around them and most of them are done to death in drafts so we assumed everyone would "get" what we mean.
There is nothing wrong with new setups as we said from the start, like in every draft proven setups and partnerships is the safe route but nobody is forced to go there, as long as your player is suited to a certain system you are fine you dont have to replicate the system in which he played before.
The emphasis is mainly on the term building a team around, as anto said in the game thread, which means someone different from making a team to get the best out of a player. The fact that we would be handpicked certain personalities who either player in a role in their team that due to their style of play and philosophy granted them the importance that was more than others in that team or their individual style of play, personality, aura etc was the reason one would have them as a central figure in a fantasy 11. e.g. someone like Cantona is absolutely perfect for such a nomination, in is most noticeable period he was the leader of the team, someone who drove the identity of the playing 11, etc. There are loads of such players, we aren't exactly talking of your Ibras and Tottis. That was the most interesting aspect for me, which then got changed to 'have a second/third tier attacking player and make a good functioning tactic for him' even if that means that he's no longer the most important figure in the team, at least offensively as those were the majority of the nominations, which isn't exactly very difficult to achieve especially if you simple remake the team they were in.

Šjor Bepo

The emphasis is mainly on the term building a team around, as anto said in the game thread, which means someone different from making a team to get the best out of a player. The fact that we would be handpicked certain personalities who either player in a role in their team that due to their style of play and philosophy granted them the importance that was more than others in that team or their individual style of play, personality, aura etc was the reason one would have them as a central figure in a fantasy 11. e.g. someone like Cantona is absolutely perfect for such a nomination, in is most noticeable period he was the leader of the team, someone who drove the identity of the playing 11, etc. There are loads of such players, we aren't exactly talking of your Ibras and Tottis. That was the most interesting aspect for me, which then got changed to 'have a second/third tier attacking player and make a good functioning tactic for him' even if that means that he's no longer the most important figure in the team, at least offensively as those were the majority of the nominations, which isn't exactly very difficult to achieve especially if you simple remake the team they were in.
We would give out 16 very similar players in terms of position and playing style if we went for the proper central figures that need team around them, we thought this way was more fun, more variety and chance for the likes of Raul, Del Piero etc. that never get a proper chance if any chance in drafts.
You cant remove the remake mark, if someone wants to do the remake he can do it in every draft just like he would be able to do in if we gave 16 Cantonas.....its part of the draft game, some will go that route which is perfectly fine and some will go outside the box which is also great.
What can i say, sorry if we mislead you into playing or making you take the wrong route with building your team.

Moby

Dick
We would give out 16 very similar players in terms of position and playing style if we went for the proper central figures that need team around them, we thought this way was more fun, more variety and chance for the likes of Raul, Del Piero etc. that never get a proper chance if any chance in drafts.
You cant remove the remake mark, if someone wants to do the remake he can do it in every draft just like he would be able to do in if we gave 16 Cantonas.....its part of the draft game, some will go that route which is perfectly fine and some will go outside the box which is also great.
What can i say, sorry if we mislead you into playing or making you take the wrong route with building your team.
Haha cmon dude, no need to apologise! Only mentioning this as a feedback after seeing the managers going with different interpretations, is all.

Šjor Bepo

Haha cmon dude, no need to apologise! Only mentioning this as a feedback after seeing the managers going with different interpretations, is all.
Anto is committee's hardman so i have to provide balance:D

Reinforcements announcement

Šjor Bepo

Not sure what was said earlier and in one way we are changing the rules now to make it fair but feck it. Block round wont be counted as a proper round so in reinforcements the people that picked a player for their team last will pick the first upgrade as they always do in drafts.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not sure what was said earlier and in one way we are changing the rules now to make it fair but feck it. Block round wont be counted as a proper round so in reinforcements the people that picked a player for their team last will pick the first upgrade as they always do in drafts.
Makes sense

Oaencha

I posted this in my match thread but feel it should be posted here too:

Can I make a suggestion that in the next draft we're allowed to make our write-ups different to the template we were told to stick by? Most of the questions posters are asking about my team are included in my write-up. There needs to be a shorter, snappier way of presenting your team, as I'm guessing it's 'too long, didn't read'.

Šjor Bepo

I posted this in my match thread but feel it should be posted here too:

Can I make a suggestion that in the next draft we're allowed to make our write-ups different to the template we were told to stick by? Most of the questions posters are asking about my team are included in my write-up. There needs to be a shorter, snappier way of presenting your team, as I'm guessing it's 'too long, didn't read'.
in 90% of drafts there is no template but in this and in remake draft it made sense to add it.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Are the central players of the losing teams available for picking in reinforcements? Or just the drafted players?

Team Sheets before QF

Skizzo

Going to the next round:

1. EAP (E. Francescoli)
1. T Müller 2. L. Junior 3. R. Donadoni 4. Gentile5. Montero 6. Hellstrom 7. A. Bennarrivo 8. A. Picchi 9. N. Stiles 10. Andy Cole 11. D. Albertini

2. Harms/Joga (P. Elkjær)
1. B. Robson 2. H. Schumacher 3. K. Deyna 4. M. Kaltz 5. P. Vierchowod 6. A. Demyanenko 7.H-G Schwarzenbeck 8. H. Blankenburg 9. E. Streltsov 10. R. Bonhof 11. J. Heynckes

3. Tuppet (J. Litmanen)
1. B. Schweinsteiger 2. R. Völler 3. S. Lerby 4. W. Zenga 5. F. Ribery 6. A. Hansen 7. W. Sagnol 8. A. Kanchelskis 9. E. Abidal 10. R. Perfumo 11. Mascherano

9. P-nut/Enigma (S. Mazzola)
1. M. Coluna 2. V. Vasović 3. G. Signori 4. J. Verón 5. Gerets 6. T. Courtois 7. C. Vieri 8. C. Puyol 9. W. Samuel 10. Ze Roberto 11. C. Azpilicueta

10. Skizzo (G Rivera)
1. G. Lato 2. R. Gadocha 3. R. Van Persie 4. M. Tresor 5. Jennings 6. M. Bossis 7. W. Jansen 8. M. Tassotti 9. T. Adams 10. D. Albelda 11. B. Auld

11. Pat (Raúl)
1. Careca 2. J. Barnes 3. T. Hassler 4. J. Giles 5. JM Pfaff 6. R. Koeman 7. J. Boateng 8. A. Haan 9. Bezsonov 10. Gemmell 11. C. Lopez

13. RedTiger (A. Del Piero)
B. Garrincha 1. O. Ruggeri 2. T. Silva 3. Stankovic 4. A Rattin 5. J Angloma 6. Petit 7. Zubizarreta 8. Ashley Cole 9. Leonardo 10. E Scifo 11. I. Zamorano

16. Raees/Invictus (D. Law)
1. Pirri 2. H. Chumpítaz 3. U. Stielike 4. T. Burgnich 5. D. Godín 6. H-P Briegel 7. J. Croy 8. M. Amoros 9. G. Asparuhov 10. J. Ceulemans 11. J. Pepe 12. M. Fellaini

Reinforcement Pool:

4. Onenil/Anders (D. Bergkamp)
1. H. Crespo 2. P. Evra 3. A. Sanchez 4. M. Essien 5. M. Carrick 6. R. Carvalho 7. F. Barthez 8. Maicon 9. Park Ji-Sung 10. Kenny Burns 11. G. Hoddle

5. Boris (K. Dalglish) 1. R. van Nistelrooy 2. T. Cerezo 3. O. Ardiles 4. H Lloris 5. S. Gerrard 6. G. Popescu 7. Lucio 8. Jorginho 9. C. Moulijn 10. JP Sorin 11. L. Brady

6. TheRedViper (T. Cubillas) 1. B. Conti 2. X. Alonso 3. P. Littbarski 4. C. Ferrara 5. A.Costacurta 6. D. Irwin 7. L. Mazurkiewicz 8. G. Zambrotta 9. J. Altafini 10. Clodoaldo 11. D. Trezeguet

7. 2mufc0 (F. Albert) 1. Z. Ibrahimović 2. A. Cabrini 3. D. Ginola 4. E. Cambiasso 5. Y. Toure 6. P. Cech 7. S. Campbell 8. A. Shesternyov 9. M. Camoranesi 10. Leandro 11. T. Kroos

8. Oaencha (G. Netzer) 1. M. Preud'homme 2. R. Giggs 3. F. Inzaghi 4. F. Bene 5. Guardiola 6. R. Rosato 7. D. Alaba 8. S. Reuter 9. N. Kante 10. M. Verratti 11. G. Piqué

12. Moby/Gio (A. Giresse) 1. V. Voronin 2. M. Tardelli 3. Blanc 4. KH Forster 5. J Rep 6. JA Camacho 7. Eder 8. D McGrain 9. S. Aguero 10. F. Toldo 11. Kily Gonzalez

14. Downcast/MJJ/Arbitrium (E. Cantona) 1. P. Kluivert 2. R. Pirès 3. Míchel 4. Simeone 5. N. Southall 6. Vidic 7. E. Butragueno 8. Bremner 9. E. Hughes 10. P. Neal 11. S. Pearce

15. Prath92 (U. Seeler) 1. D. Alves 2. B. Lizarazu 3. J Cesar 4. W Rooney 5. P Sousa 6. G Gattuso 7. V Kompany 8. F Ljungberg 9. S McManaman 10. G Chiellini 11. S Coppell

Block list:-

GK: Banks, Buffon, Casillas, Chilavert, Dasayev, De Gea, Fillol, Gilmar, Kahn, Maier, Neuer, Schmeichel, Shilton, van der Sar, Viktor, Yashin, Zoff,

DEF: Baresi, Beckenbauer, Bergomi, Brehme, Cafu, Cannavaro, Carlos Alberto, Charles, Desailly, Djalma Santos, Facchetti, Ferdinand, Figueroa, Hierro, Kohler, Krol, Lahm, Maldini, Marcelo, Marzolini, Moore, Nesta, Nilton Santos, Passarella, Roberto Carlos, Schnellinger, Scirea, Stam, Terry, Thuram, Vogts, Zanetti

MID: Amancio, B. Laudrup, Ballack, Beckham, Boban, Bochini, Boniek, Breitner, Charlton, Cruyff, Cubillas, David Silva, Davids, Deco, Deschamps, Didi, Dunga, Dzajic, Edwards, Effenberg, Falcao, Figo, Finney, Francescoli, Garrincha, Gascoigne, Gento, Gerson, Giresse, Gullit, Hagi, Iniesta, Jairzinho, Johnstone, Kaka, Keane, Keizer, Kopa, Litmanen, Luis Enrique, M. Laudrup, Makelele, Maradona, Masopust, Matthaus, Matthews, Modric, Nedved, Neeskens, Netzer, Overath, Overmars, Pirlo, Platini, Redondo, Rensenbrink, Rijkaard, Riquelme, Rivaldo, Rivelino, Rivera, Robben, Ronaldinho, Rui Costa, S. Mazzola, Sammer, Savicevic, Scholes, Schuster, Seedorf, Sergio Busquets, Simonsen, Socrates, Souness, Stojkovic, Suarez, Tigana, Van Hanegem, Vieira, Xavi, Zico, Zidane,

FWD: Albert, Bale, Batistuta, Bergkamp, Best, Blokhin, Cantona, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dalglish, Del Piero, Drogba, Elkjaer, Erico, Eto'o, Eusebio, Fontaine, Fowler, Futre, G. Muller, Greaves, Griezmann, Henry, Hugo Sanchez, Keegan, Kempes, Klinsmann, Kocsis, Kubala, L. Suarez, Larsson, Law, Lewandowski, Meazza, Messi, Neymar, Pancev, Papin, Pele, R. Baggio, Raul, Riva, Romario, Romerito, Ronaldo, Rossi, Rummenigge, Schillaci, Seeler, Shearer, Shevchenko, Sivori, Spencer, Stoichkov, Suker, Torres, Tostao, Totti, Van Basten, Villa, Weah

Dip Pool:
Dempsey, Edmundo, Kanu, Kewell, Lampard, Lineker, McGrath, Nakata, O'Shea, Owen, Prosinecki, Rocha, Tevez, Valderrama, Vidal, Zola, Zyryanov

QF Reinforcement Round

Šjor Bepo

Only drafted players are available, both central players and dip pool are being added to the block list. All have 2 picks, deadline will start tomorrow at noon but im pretty certain we can finish this tonight.

@Raees @Invictus you can start when ever you are ready.