Tactical Masterclass

Sylar

Possibly the most important game postFergie and yet it just seemed.... comfortable.
Seriously, I was never stressed at any point in the game, even when Rooney came on.

He set the team up correctly. We were just in control from the get-go and stopped them from using their strengths and we exploited their weaknesses.

Castia

How times change. I remember very well the stick given on here over CFC's CL win. Tonight was defensive and boring, but ultimately successful.

Congrats on the win and CL qualification.

Difference being you got fecking battered in the final and somehow came away winners. At no time today we're Ajax winning this game. You weren't even good defensively in that game Bayern should have scored 5 they missed sitter after sitter for 120 minutes.

SirAF

Ageist
Possibly the most important game postFergie and yet it just seemed.... comfortable.
Seriously, I was never stressed at any point in the game, even when Rooney came on.

He set the team up correctly. We were just in control from the get-go and stopped them from using their strengths and we exploited their weaknesses.
Yup. They basically didn't bother us at all - and people were predicting that this "young and energetic" team would blitz us!