Takumi Minamino / signs for Liverpool. Transfer 1st January

Irrational.

Wtf are our scouts even doing? Watch us spend 100M on someone and flop. Dark dark times.
We scouted 800 players per position apparently. And saw no one to improve us except those under the radar talents of Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James.

VJ1762

We scouted 800 players per position apparently. And saw no one to improve us except those under the radar talents of Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James.
We are always playing catch up to liverpool. Championships, recruitment, everything. Sick and tired of it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
All this moaning about us not being in for him. At that price, i'm pretty sure everyone is 'in for him'. Why on earth would he come to us over Liverpool currently? Seriously? Why would he go to anybody over Liverpool currently?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I love it when everyone becomes and expert on a player they’ve possibly watched once or twice.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With him you get a cheap and young talent with the right attitude. If he fails it won't be much of a loss.
With Sancho I always fear he'll end up like Depay. Looks the same type of guy. Just that he'll cost a fortune.
Disagree on the second point. Sancho is a special talent. He's the one I'd prefer at United for sure. Even if it's 120 million plus.

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
Fantastic bit of business.

We're such a well run club. I can imagine opposition fans are jealous :)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Liverpool potentially signing a professional football player inevitably leads to more United bashing on the caf. Doesn’t matter if there was a caf campaign to sign this particular player or not (there wasn’t), but we are predictably useless (as is every other football club by the same token) because we are chasing different players.

hubbuh

Wtf are our scouts even doing? Watch us spend 100M on someone and flop. Dark dark times.
Get a fecking grip man :lol:. 'pool sign some 23 year old from the Austrian league and that spells 'dark dark times' for United for feck's sake?

Godfather

Disagree on the second point. Sancho is a special talent. He's the one I'd prefer at United for sure. Even if it's 120 million plus.
Not denying his talent. But I see the guy and his interviews and immidiately think of Depay somehow. I don't know whether he has the right mentality to really live up to his hype. Dunno. I'd still take him obviously but I doubt he'd join anyway. But that's for another thread.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm sure Salzburg are happy about their great relationship giving them only 7 million
Salzburg put the release clauses in the contracts, I don't think they can be too upset about it!

Liverpool fans on Red Cafe really give Liverpool fans a bad name. Although this is nothing on the ones who hang out in match threads here when their own team is actually played, a really odd bunch :D

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Watched him 1 or 2 times, he was amazing. Don't know how consistent he is though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
"The true star of Salzburg" sounds like such a dig considering we're being linked to Haaland
Which is nonsense too. No doubt Haaland is the true star despite Minamino being a good player in his own right.

MrVolley

Hwang to Wolves and Minamoto to Liverpool... Good sensible deals.
I think Minamino will choose a club by doing EenieMeenieMinimo and will come up with Liverpool. Main reason being the existing Salzburg-Liverpool career pathway of Mane and Keita

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
Salzburg put the release clauses in the contracts, I don't think they can be too upset about it!

Liverpool fans on Red Cafe really give Liverpool fans a bad name. Although this is nothing on the ones who hang out in match threads here when their own team is actually played, a really odd bunch :D
I am a respectful poster. I only hang out in LFC threads and forums. I dont want to get a reputation of winding up Man Utd fans.

izec

Get a fecking grip man :lol:. 'pool sign some 23 year old from the Austrian league and that spells 'dark dark times' for United for feck's sake?
Mane played for the same club before Southampton. He may turn out to be pure class or not, but him playing in Austria doesnt mean much

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's actually 24 and will be 25 in January. It is getting tedious to see everyone go into meltdown every time our rivals sign a player.

gica_7

I believe Ed, our de facto sporting director, has no clue who he is. Fantastic business by Liverpool.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We are always playing catch up to liverpool. Championships, recruitment, everything. Sick and tired of it.
Always? You have a short memory

You quickly forget all the poor signings they made pre Klopp.
It’s a sign of success that good players are willing to join them but it doesn’t rule out emerging talents joining us

Inigo Montoya

He's actually 24 and will be 25 in January. It is getting tedious to see everyone go into meltdown every time our rivals sign a player.
Precisely.

If we weren’t in for him then that’s it. Our priority isn’t Minamino.

I’d much rather Mwepu. Younger, stronger and what we need in midfield

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Always? They're new born babies when it comes to success in this era. Let's wait before they have some sort of sustained success before we consider ourselves always playing catch up. It's only a recent trend after years and years of us sweeping everything while they looked on tearfully.

Have to admit that this player looks very interesting. I said so before as well when I saw few clips. But they're obviously very well stocked now on midfield and attack. And there's no chance anyone would ever want this lad ahead of an elite talent like Sancho, which is what we really need.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Scouse does s that to you
Yeah but it's not scouse though. It sounds as though she isn't a native English speaker.

And yes, I know this is like the perfect setup for another scouse joke.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I believe Ed, our de facto sporting director, has no clue who he is. Fantastic business by Liverpool.
Perhaps. What about our manager and scouts though? Or do you require the man who signs the cheque to have a scouting report of his own?

Inigo Montoya

Perhaps. What about our manager and scouts though? Or do you require the man who signs the cheque to have a scouting report of his own?
Marcel Bout was watching the game on Tuesday. I’m sure they all know his quality after the way he dumped VVD on his arse in the first game.

I’m sure we were looking at Haaland and I’d still prefer him along with Mwepu

Handré1990

A little bit at this moment in time. Just goes to show how quickly things change though, just a few years ago all I heard from Liverpool fans were how badly the club was run and how the famous transfer committee could do nothing right. Cue Klopp, and the rest is history as they say.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I mean, it's POTENTIALLY a great bit of business. He could equally be shit given he won't start a lot of games. Could end up being used as much as Keita has.