Tammy Abraham - Roma Striker

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think most people are judging him from his time at Swansea and Villa where he may have scored goals but still didn't really look like a premiership striker .

Hes similar to Bamford and the likes of Gayle and Frazier Campbell etc a striker that will score un the championship but that's his level
That's the thing, most people in this thread pushing verdicts had never seen him play before his game against us yet they're all passing final assessment on the back of 2 games.

arthurka

he's 21 and already has two 20+ goal seasons in the Championship right?

seems quite promising
Yes he is, I wouldnt write him off just yet. Poor sod playing for these "fans".
If that post shot v us would have gone in no one would have said a thing.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s piss poor isn’t he? Lacks any spark and lacks any real ball control as a back up either

Classical Mechanic

I think most people are judging him from his time at Swansea and Villa where he may have scored goals but still didn't really look like a premiership striker .

Hes similar to Bamford and the likes of Gayle and Frazier Campbell etc a striker that will score un the championship but that's his level
Only Gayle really kind of works in that comparison but he was a non-league player until the age of 23 whilst Tammy is 21. Gayle is a good goalscorer at Championship level who sees his numbers greatly reduced in the Premier League so it is a fair point.

Campbell has never been a good goalscorer at any level and Bamford only has 12 more goals in his career than Tammy as things stand. His best total was 17 in he Championship whereas Tammy scored 23 in his first professional season at that level and got 26 last year.

El Zoido

He’s piss poor isn’t he? Lacks any spark and lacks any real ball control as a back up either
Think that’s a bit harsh to be fair. He doesn’t look top tier but can definitely play at Premier League level. He’s played like he lacks confidence at Chelsea, maybe if he scores a couple he’ll have an upturn.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Has there ever been a top class 20 year old centre forward who hit the ground running and scored 20 goals in his first season? Just putting that out there. I'm not talking about the championship seasons, just the premier league. I can't think of one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he scores against United instead of hitting the post people would be saying different things.

He's played against United and Liverpool who both have a good centre back pairing. Let's see how he fares against people below that level.

Let's just remember he's 21, like our Rashford.

There isn't many young strikers in the world smashing them in at that age.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Has there ever been a top class 20 year old centre forward who hit the ground running and scored 20 goals in his first season? Just putting that out there. I'm not talking about the championship seasons, just the premier league. I can't think of one.
He is 21 and will turn 22 in October, Kane scored 21 league goals as 21 year old, 25 league goals as 22 year old. I think he is exception though.

It's too early to make say whether the player is good enough and silly to write him off. With bit of luck he would have scored against ManUtd and this thread would have been completely different.

Too many knee jerk posts and for some odd reason people can't wait to write off young players (maybe for told you so posts and sound like some experts).

pacifictheme

Fowler and owen? Well fowler got 25 in his second season, getting 12 in his first as a 19 year old who hadn't been on loan in the championship for two years.

Both definitely hit the ground running though.

Andy cole's first full season in the top flight was at the age of 22 and he cleared 30 league goals.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is 21 and will turn 22 in October, Kane scored 21 league goals as 21 year old, 25 league goals as 22 year old. I think he is exception though.

It's too early to make say whether the player is good enough and silly to write him off. With bit of luck he would have scored against ManUtd and this thread would have been completely different.

Too many knee jerk posts and for some odd reason people can't wait to write off young players (maybe for told you so posts and sound like some experts).
Kane is going to finish along with Aguero, Shearer and Henry as one of the best strikers of the PL era. Probably a bit harsh standard to hold Abraham too.

He scored buckets in the Championship, think he'll come good in the PL as well. He doesn't have to be Kane to be a very successful player leading the line for Chelsea.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Kane is going to finish along with Aguero, Shearer and Henry as one of the best strikers of the PL era. Probably a bit harsh standard to hold Abraham too.

He scored buckets in the Championship, think he'll come good in the PL as well. He doesn't have to be Kane to be a very successful player leading the line for Chelsea.
Yeah that's why I said he is exception.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
While answering my own question I looked up some stats and actually found there was at least one player who scored over 20 goals in a premier league season at 20 years old. At the age of 20 years old Robbie Fowler scored 31 goals for Liverpool.

However.

Shearer,Rooney, Andrew Cole, Henry, Defoe didn't start knocking them until they were 22/23 yrs old.

There is still time for Tammy to prove his class and it's too early to judge where his career is going. If he can stick in say 8-10 goals this season against the lower teams and improve next season he can become a top class centre forward. He will not start every game and Batshuayi is yet to get a run. If he learns from Giroud about the final touch and positional sense he could do really well. Give the guy a break.

He really could do without this racist nonsense. I have to say I'm not convinced at all it's coming from Chelsea fans and note the perpetrator has already been banned from twitter 11 times. Why do we allow a platform like this?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When He hit the post I knew this kid will go on to become the next Drogba.
temi ebraham jose says

Robbie Boy

he's 21 and already has two 20+ goal seasons in the Championship right?

seems quite promising
Scoring goals at Championship and PL level is very different. Having seen a-fair bit of him over the past few years, I feel his all-round game is actually quite poor. I don’t see him ever being good enough for a top level club, he has far too many limitations.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Not shocked in the slightest but dismayed.

Chelsea really do have fans who are real pieces of work. Can't imagine the shit the first Indian/Pakistani/Bangla Deshi player will get
Man Utd had more fans arrested for racism than any other English club over the last four years. Furtermore, twice as many as Chelsea.

macheda14

Man Utd had more fans arrested for racism than any other English club over the last four years. Furtermore, twice as many as Chelsea.
If you read the article that stat came from it’s due to it being reported. I.e. more matchgoing fans are being vigilant to it, it isn’t a stat that illuminates where there are more racist fans/incidents because how can we count all the ones that go unreported. In fact the stat shows that Old Trafford is a zero tolerance zone

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
If you read the article that stat came from it’s due to it being reported. I.e. more matchgoing fans are being vigilant to it, it isn’t a stat that illuminates where there are more racist fans/incidents because how can we count all the ones that go unreported. In fact the stat shows that Old Trafford is a zero tolerance zone
And Chelse has a zero tolerance as well! I'm just pissed off with fans from other clubs branding Chelsea fans as racist. Yes, without doubt there's still some of them knuckle draggers following Chelsea, but every club has some of them. 99.9% of Chelsea fans will be fully behind Tammy on Sunday and they're the ones that really matter, not a few cowardly twats on twitter.

WannaBeSakka

No matter how poorly a player performs, doesn't deserve racist abuse. Classless from the Chelsea fans involved.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think it's wrong to say just Chelsea fans. There are people who literally sit at home all day to create dummy accounts just to troll.
Look at the case of the troll that committed suicide couple of years ago. It's a serious fecking problem. These people are so bitter at life or are sick.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How any fan can give that sort of shit to a guy who has been at the club since he was 8 is just incomprehensible to me.

I can kinda, almost understand wanting to say the worst shit imaginable to a rival player but to a local kid who grew up there? Baffling.

lysglimt

Scout

You can't seriously compare Abraham to Patrick Bamford and Fraizer Campbell? Bamford isn't even rated by the Leeds' fans because he is so hopeless in front of goal. Bamford in the P.L has 1 goal in 27 matches, in the Championship he has 45 goals in 159 matches

Campbell who is 32 has scored less goals in the Championship than Abraham has.

Abraham who is about 5 years younger has already more goals in both the Championship and the P.L - despite having played almost 50 matches less than Bamford. The guy has 48 goals in 80 matches in the Championship

LVGWay

This bloke is horrific, Chelsea should just start with experience up top instead of pandering to academy players. They should play Giroud and Batshuayi

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
While answering my own question I looked up some stats and actually found there was at least one player who scored over 20 goals in a premier league season at 20 years old. At the age of 20 years old Robbie Fowler scored 31 goals for Liverpool.

However.

Shearer,Rooney, Andrew Cole, Henry, Defoe didn't start knocking them until they were 22/23 yrs old.

There is still time for Tammy to prove his class and it's too early to judge where his career is going. If he can stick in say 8-10 goals this season against the lower teams and improve next season he can become a top class centre forward. He will not start every game and Batshuayi is yet to get a run. If he learns from Giroud about the final touch and positional sense he could do really well. Give the guy a break.

He really could do without this racist nonsense. I have to say I'm not convinced at all it's coming from Chelsea fans and note the perpetrator has already been banned from twitter 11 times. Why do we allow a platform like this?
You do realise the company you’ve just included him?

Those players were so coveted as juniors that a big move was inevitable.

I like Tammy but there’s nothing there that marks him as special. He’s scored goals in the Championship but even there he looked a bit clueless.
Remember this is the same league that Sessegnon buried chance after chance. Not saying it’s a bad league or undervaluing the achievements but the PL is a different animal and we don’t often see players racking up those figures in the C then repeating it in the PL.

Good luck to the lad,hope he has a great career

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
This bloke is horrific, Chelsea should just start with experience up top instead of pandering to academy players. They should play Giroud and Batshuayi
For years Chelsea have been criticized for not giving thier academy players a chance, and now, after just one league game they are "pandering to academy players." We know we are short of a quality goal scorer and the clear limitations of Batshuyi and Giroud, so the best choice is too see if Abraham's can give us a bit more than the other two.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's played one league game, calm the feck down.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People are too quick to judge. Not even premiership material already?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Who are the two best central defenders in the country? Maguire and VVD would be a very popular choice for many people.

Let's see what Tammy can do against non-world record defenders before we write him off.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Unlike the owners of Arsenal, RA will not be content with Chelsea scrapping for 3rd or 4th place for years on end. If the likes of Tammy, Mount, James and CHO do not play well enough, then you can sure that other players will be brought in next summer and be given a chance.

GenZRed

Shocking the way some people have been passing judgement on Tammy Abraham after only two games. I hope he continues to play and I wouldn't be surprised to see him scoring against Premiership teams when he gets more confidence.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Shocking the way some people have been passing judgement on Tammy Abraham after only two games. I hope he continues to play and I wouldn't be surprised to see him scoring against Premiership teams when he gets more confidence.
Plus a season at Swansea and some sporadic England caps.

It's pretty obvious he's not good enough for the Prem but he's a good Championship level striker.

No shame in it, can have a very good career banging goals in for fun and winning promotion.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Who are the two best central defenders in the country? Maguire and VVD would be a very popular choice for many people.

Let's see what Tammy can do against non-world record defenders before we write him off.

Laporte and VVD. Then Vertonghen.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one, some stink.
I've never heard anybody say they think Maguire is the second best cb in the league. When did that happen, when he moved for huge money?

Laporte and VVD were clearly the best two in the league last season. Vertonghen has been one of the best defenders in the league for years now.

OverratedOpinion

I've never heard anybody say they think Maguire is the second best cb in the league. When did that happen, when he moved for huge money?

Laporte and VVD were clearly the best two in the league last season. Vertonghen has been one of the best defenders in the league for years now.
Van Dijk is by far the best, then there are 4 or 5 in the rung below him. Maguire is definitely on that list which for me is pretty interchangeable.

Kag

You’ve missed the entire point of what @duffer was trying to say. Or maybe you haven’t; you’d rather just try to imitate Glaston and create an argument involving Spurs players for no apparent reason.

It’s clear as day that he was trying to reinforce the message that maybe Abraham needs time, using Van Dijk and Maguire as examples because they play for teams that Chelsea have just played. Not to mention that they’re widely regarded as two of the best central defenders in the league.

Had Chelsea just played Liverpool and City instead, it’s likely that he would have said Van Dijk and Laporte. As this would have furthered the point and maintained relevancy.

Which, of course, is probably known to you. You’d just rather smear shit all over a Tammy Abraham thread which has nothing to do with Spurs.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You’ve missed the entire point of what @duffer was trying to say. Or maybe you haven’t; you’d rather just try to imitate Glaston and create an argument involving Spurs players for no apparent reason.

It’s clear as day that he was trying to reinforce the message that maybe Abraham needs time, using Van Dijk and Maguire as examples because they play for teams that Chelsea have just played. Not to mention that they’re widely regarded as two of the best central defenders in the league.

Had Chelsea just played Liverpool and City instead, it’s likely that he would have said Van Dijk and Laporte. As this would have furthered the point and maintained relevancy.

Which, of course, you probably know this. You’d just rather smear shite all over a Tammy Abraham thread which has nothing to do with Spurs.

The point is that Maguire wouldn't be a particularly popular choice for being the second best defender in the league. Who exactly was saying that before he signed for United? Nobody around here, that's for sure.

He's faced Van Djik and a decent centre back, and actually looked better against the former. Why do we have to invent a scenario in which Maguire is considered the second best in order to make a point?

Kag

The point is that Maguire wouldn't be a particularly popular choice for being the second best defender in the league. Who exactly was saying that before he signed for United? Nobody around here, that's for sure.

He's faced Van Djik and a decent centre back, and actually looked better against the former. Why do we have to invent a scenario in which Maguire is considered the second best in order to make a point?
You know what you’re doing. I’ve called you out on it so I’ll let it go.