Tanker possibly hijacked off coast of Isle of Wight | SBS 1 Possible Hijackers 0

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Of those, water polo players had the greatest odds and their chances doubled if they played the sport in college.”

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-navy-seals-recruit-athletes-2014may30-story.html
Waterpolo players have to have phenomenal stamina but there is a big gulf between club players and college level and pro players in fitness and stamina terms. Although many would be too large for elite military training as they would be too big and heavy for endurance land based activities.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If you are going to take over an oil tanker I'm sure within a helicopter ride of the SBS isn't the optimum spot. Well done criminal masterminds.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
My FiL was in the SAS in the 50s & 60s, before becoming a fireman. He’s quite small and I’d imagine he was built like a whippet when he was younger. I’d say he was hard as nails considering his size to do those jobs. In his 80s now and still drives motorbikes. Was also a driver for the cabinet office before retirement. Man of many talents

Charlie Foley

The fellas at the US Naval Academy training to be SEAL officers were on 6000-7000 calories a day. They just burn it all off.

Also: Navy food > Everybody else
My girlfriend’s best friend is married to a naval officer, I’ll have to ask him about this, they move back to Annapolis shortly. Dude is a unit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The music and narrator were hilariously over-dramatic and terrible/dull in that order.
I do enjoy this YT channel even with the droning monotone of the narrator. He / they try to turn around commentary on very recent operations all the time.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That tanker could have been taken by the salvation army.