Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

lsd

The Oracle
Lee must have broken the record for disqualifications in one episode. Love how their brains just go out the window when confronted with a weird talk

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I always wonder what I'd have done for certain tasks.

Banana one I'd have probably microwaved it and then blended it. Also would likely have not noticed the jelly and wouldn't have thought to melt it, not straight away anyway.

Toilet roll one I'd have asked for a GPS tracker, then ripped it off the wall like Jamali did but then attach it to some helium balloons or stick it in a car like Lee. Or on a train if I had enough time. Actually the house is near Heathrow so maybe I'd see if anyone was getting on a flight and ask if they could add it to their luggage :lol: Probably wouldn't find a willing participant for that though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
With the banana one I immediately thought there must be some significance to the pointless locks on the bottle, so I would have wasted time looking for something to do with that. Or gone looking for a different, bigger bottle around the house to put the banana into instead.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought this weeks episode was easily the best of the season so far.

The idea of wrapping each leg genuinely never entered my mind until Jamali did it

lsd

The Oracle
Thought this weeks episode was easily the best of the season so far.

The idea of wrapping each leg genuinely never entered my mind until Jamali did it

I couldn't believe none of the others thought of that as there was always going to be something else to that task.

I have a feeling Tim Key is behind some of these tasks especially the trick ones

Bertie Wooster

I'm enjoying this series more than any since the wonderful series 7.

The last 3 haven't been great by Taskmaster standards - still watchable and enjoyable, but not as much as the first 7. This has been a real return to form for the show.

Lee and Mike are my favourites still, and the main source of humour. Jamali is hit and miss - providing some humour but a bit of a one trick pony who can be the most annoying. Charlotte and Sarah aren't providing much humour, but neither are OTT or annoying and are fairly decent in a quiet way.

So, overall, a good group, and some very good tasks being set.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I watched one episode. Is it a lockdown thing to enjoy these? Granted, I think I watched the first episode of the first season.

Cina

I watched one episode. Is it a lockdown thing to enjoy these? Granted, I think I watched the first episode of the first season.
No it's an all the time thing to enjoy these. Taskmaster is amazing.

Bertie Wooster

Recommend any particular season?
Series 7 is my absolute favourite.
But a lot depends on how you feel about Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster. I thought they were both great on it. Two of the best guests so far.
Also series 5 with Bob Mortimer and Mark Watson was probably my second favourite.

Bertie Wooster

Season 2 and Season 5 are the best in my opinion, followed closely by 4 and 7.
Very good choices. :)
I went with series 7 and 5 as my favourites, but series 2 and 4 would probably be the next two.
So any of those four series would be my recommendation (especially series 7).

Cina

I think 1 is underrated. The guests were all really competitive which made it loads of fun, even if the production values weren't as good as other seasons.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Actually the house is near Heathrow so maybe I'd see if anyone was getting on a flight and ask if they could add it to their luggage :lol: Probably wouldn't find a willing participant for that though.
— And have you packed your bags yourself, sir?
— Well, yeah, except for that toilet paper roll with some sort of an electronic device attached to it that was given me by an agitated stranger near the entrance...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'd be honest with you, I wasn't at all sold when I watched the first episode & had to try it again a some point only to fully and properly get it.

edit: you've already been converted as I see :)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd be honest with you, I wasn't at all sold when I watched the first episode & had to try it again a some point only to fully and properly get it.

edit: you've already been converted as I see :)
Haha. Yeah. I watched 4 on the trot starting with season 2. My initial reluctance was a bit of not liking Greg Davies in anything I've seen him in and thinking this was something similar to the panel shows. But this was way better than expected :D

decorativeed

But a lot depends on how you feel about Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster. I thought they were both great on it. Two of the best guests so far.
Also series 5 with Bob Mortimer and Mark Watson was probably my second favourite.
Two of the best series, those. Rhod Gilbert's opening tasks are some of the best, constantly taking the piss out of Greg. I've become a big fan of James Acaster since watching him in this too, his stand up stuff is brilliant.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Two of the best series, those. Rhod Gilbert's opening tasks are some of the best, constantly taking the piss out of Greg. I've become a big fan of James Acaster since watching him in this too, his stand up stuff is brilliant.
Seen a clip of him on YouTube when he was on celebrity bake off or something. Found him hilarious and went down a YouTube binge of James funnies. He's great.

decorativeed

Seen a clip of him on YouTube when he was on celebrity bake off or something. Found him hilarious and went down a YouTube binge of James funnies. He's great.
His most recent stand up show deals with his bake off appearance and I'll never look at it in the same light again. Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999, it's called. Well worth a watch, you can get it on his website.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bob Mortimer is great in pretty much everything he's in. That season gave us this classic as well. :lol:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
His most recent stand up show deals with his bake off appearance and I'll never look at it in the same light again. Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999, it's called. Well worth a watch, you can get it on his website.
Saw that live not long before the first lockdown - was fantastic!!

Bertie Wooster

I remember listening to a Richard Herring podcast with James Acaster and they were discussing their appearances on various quiz type shows.

James said how he loved Taskmaster, and all of them that he'd been on apart from Richard Osman's House of Games. I like that show as well, but wasn't surprised by what he said which was that the show itself was great, but they film all five episodes in one day and go to the Green room in between shows.

He won the first three 'days', and he said after each one the atmosphere got worse - especially Anne Diamond who got nastier and nastier off camera. He still won the week, but pretty much openly stopped trying for the last two episodes. He told it in a really funny way, and had an extra story about carrying the trophy he won away and pretty much deliberately smashing it up by the time he got home. :lol:

decorativeed

I remember listening to a Richard Herring podcast with James Acaster and they were discussing their appearances on various quiz type shows.

James said how he loved Taskmaster, and all of them that he'd been on apart from Richard Osman's House of Games. I like that show as well, but wasn't surprised by what he said which was that the show itself was great, but they film all five episodes in one day and go to the Green room in between shows.

He won the first three 'days', and he said after each one the atmosphere got worse - especially Anne Diamond who got nastier and nastier off camera. He still won the week, but pretty much openly stopped trying for the last two episodes. He told it in a really funny way, and had an extra story about carrying the trophy he won away and pretty much deliberately smashing it up by the time he got home. :lol:
Yeah, I've listened to that episode of RHLSTP. Then I watched those episodes of House of Games to see the moment when he just decides he can't be arsed playing any more!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

The best weeks of House of Games are always when the four contestants have good chemistry /clearly get on... Imagine there's probably less burnout on those weeks

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That fart :lol:
One of the funniest moments in the history of the show. The completely unexpected horror of where that went for everyone was comedy gold. Have to say that for me personally Wozniak has very quickly risen into the pantheon of all-time great Taskmaster contestants.

Between that and Jamali stomping the absolute piss out of the blue paint, this was an all-time episode.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
One of the funniest moments in the history of the show. The completely unexpected horror of where that went for everyone was comedy gold. Have to say that for me personally Wozniak has very quickly risen into the pantheon of all-time great Taskmaster contestants.

Between that and Jamali stomping the absolute piss out of the blue paint, this was an all-time episode.
Yeah they’ve all grown on me now. Even Sarah to an extent. Wozniak is class.

b82REZ

Wozniak is arguably the best contestant they've ever had.

I laughed so hard at the fart I couldn't breathe.

lsd

The Oracle
It has turned out to be one of the better seasons and proof it can thrive with the restrictions Covid has bought.

I was a fan of Jamali before the show and in my opinion he has really delivered I love his banter with Alex and the way he approaches the tasks for someone who has never really watched the show has been great to watch

Mike I was worried about since I had only seen him in Man Down but again he has been fantastic on every task and has a quote for every occasion.

Lee slightly disappointing as I did expect a lot from him but still very good and likewise Sarah and Charlotte. Sarah wants to win so much and that is always good to watch in this format

Compared to the horror of season 10 which I gave up on this season has proved there is a lot of life left yet in the format.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It has turned out to be one of the better seasons and proof it can thrive with the restrictions Covid has bought.

I was a fan of Jamali before the show and in my opinion he has really delivered I love his banter with Alex and the way he approaches the tasks for someone who has never really watched the show has been great to watch

Mike I was worried about since I had only seen him in Man Down but again he has been fantastic on every task and has a quote for every occasion.

Lee slightly disappointing as I did expect a lot from him but still very good and likewise Sarah and Charlotte. Sarah wants to win so much and that is always good to watch in this format

Compared to the horror of season 10 which I gave up on this season has proved there is a lot of life left yet in the format.
Tick Tock it's Fart O'Clock