Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The watermelon task was the first time I've laughed out loud this season. The rest has been amiably amusing in a low-key kinda way. This was generally the best episode of this season so far though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Should've just given them all max points for that watermelon task. No way of doing that fairly in the conditions
Yeah the three that had to do team tasks socially distanced kind of got screwed but not much you can do really.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
This series has been a bit meh. Some funny parts of course, but overall a bit bland at times. Not sure if it's the contestants or the lack of audience. Probably a bit of both

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This series has been a bit meh. Some funny parts of course, but overall a bit bland at times. Not sure if it's the contestants or the lack of audience. Probably a bit of both
It’s a bit of both. Seems to a be lack of effort at times from some of the contestants and the delayed audience doesn’t help.

BD

It’s a bit of both. Seems to a be lack of effort at times from some of the contestants and the delayed audience doesn’t help.
Yeah. The prize task was never the strongest part of the episode, but this year it's been a bit of a disaster

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm actually liking this season so far, but that may be because I'm starving for new content.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Ive enjoyed it more than some other series - maybe middling.

I was crying at Daisy eating that watermelon - hugely uncomfortable/hilarious viewing.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
In fairness it is probably more difficult to procure good prizes during lockdowns, but they have been especially shit.

Rewatched the first 3 seasons recently and there's no comparison. So much better. They don't have anyone as mad as Tim Key or Al Murray to carry it either. Plus the contestants don't seem to care if they win. In earlier seasons they were all bitching about each other which made it way more fun.

macheda14

The main things has been how poor some of the tasks have been, but that’s only really because of social distancing. Most of the tasks in Printworks have been pretty poor, the locker one wasn’t great at all. All the contestants have had some great moments though. Daisy-May and the watermelon, Johnny Vegas calling Mawaan ‘daddy’, Catherine wishing her feet were hands, Mawaan and the egg. Richard Herring, who I actually quite like as a comedian and podcaster has just been quite square for the most part.

To be honest I’ve come out of this really liking Johnny Vegas.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The main things has been how poor some of the tasks have been, but that’s only really because of social distancing. Most of the tasks in Printworks have been pretty poor, the locker one wasn’t great at all. All the contestants have had some great moments though. Daisy-May and the watermelon, Johnny Vegas calling Mawaan ‘daddy’, Catherine wishing her feet were hands, Mawaan and the egg. Richard Herring, who I actually quite like as a comedian and podcaster has just been quite square for the most part.

To be honest I’ve come out of this really liking Johnny Vegas.
I did say this when they were announced. He’s not anything like he used to be.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Plus the contestants don't seem to care if they win. In earlier seasons they were all bitching about each other which made it way more fun.
That's a fair criticism, when contestants care about points it makes everything way funnier. Would the all-time great potato throw have the same significance if the points (and the unlikely story of the ultimate underdog's redemption) didn't really matter?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That was my favourite episode of the new series so far... Thought all 3 takes were great "classic" TM tasks... And the studio task was the best yet.

Daisy getting angry with herself /Alex/ Richard was very funny.

CallyRed

That was my favourite episode of the new series so far... Thought all 3 takes were great "classic" TM tasks... And the studio task was the best yet.

Daisy getting angry with herself /Alex/ Richard was very funny.
Daisy at the end was hilarious. She genuinely looked angry.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Daisy at the end was hilarious. She genuinely looked angry.
It was so shit... No one had any clue it was a hippo, yet after the first 3 lines on her second one my wife called Anteater.

That's a great game that, might have to try it with the family.

CallyRed

It was so shit... No one had any clue it was a hippo, yet after the first 3 lines on her second one my wife called Anteater.

That's a great game that, might have to try it with the family.
I know, It was terrible. It annoyed me how annoyed she got.

Agree. One for Christmas day in my household.

BD

That was a much better episode.

Daisy being so angry at Richard for not getting her shitty hippo, and then couldn't get his quite good kangaroo

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Agreed.

Keys in the pocket, the hose, Johnny drawing himself, the hippo - loads of great little moments. Kangaroo was much easier to guess - got it as soon as he started drawing the pouch.

The words/phrases chosen for the cocktail task were perfect.

Special shoutout to Mawaan for getting the loopholes for every task in the episode. Definitely deserved the victory.

My only wish from now until the end of the series is for Johnny to win an episode.

Damien

Staff
Really happy Johnny won an episode.

Katherine nailed the marble tun despite not knowing what one was, and Mawaan had another really good episode. Great job with the chickens and the safe task. He's probably going to be the one to benefit most from appearing on the show.

prateik

Just saw last weeks episode.. another good one..

Richard has been playing it straight.. He really wants to win. Daisy is just plain annoying..
The other 3 is where the funny is.

edit: just googled Daisy.. she's only 34.. And Mawaan is 28 :lol:

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
The christmas line up looks insane so much better than this season's

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Couldn’t watch because of Utd obviously but will on catch up. Season 11 line up and a champion of champions sounds great!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Katherine has been excellent this season, one of my favourites along with Sally. Something tells me that fist comment will be an outtake on youtube. :lol:

hobbers

Lee Mack should be good. Knew that other guy in Man Down would end up in a series sooner or later as well.

Will miss Katherine, the lovable oaf.

decorativeed

Lee Mack should be good. Knew that other guy in Man Down would end up in a series sooner or later as well.

Will miss Katherine, the lovable oaf.
The longer the season went on, the less I thought she was lovable, and the more I thought she was just a bit dim! Loved Daisy's contributions, but I did think Richard Herrings played it all a bit safe, and I've been a fan since Fist of Fun, so I should know.

Damien

Staff
Katherine with the spider legs. My god.

Feel a bit sorry for Johnny scorewise but think he won't be too hurt about it as he likes to play the downtrodden role.

The group tasks were a real problem though. The team who didn't need to be socially distanced won pretty much all of them I think.

Looking forward to New Years special, COC2 and Series 11 in 2021.

lsd

The Oracle
You didn't like this season?

Glad Richard won.. Actually.. just glad Daisy didnt win.. the other 3 were great.

It was a poor season maybe Covid related or just a poor cast bar Johnny Vegas.

I find the show is always weakest when there are a lack of stand ups on it. Richard was playing very safe, Katherine was ok but Daisy and Marwaan were awful. Greg looked bored with it all or he rightly felt they were not trying most of the time.

The season 11 line looks better. Lee Mack should be good and I really like Jamali Maddox he has the right almost hyper personality for the show and the others look like they could be really good too

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I didn't see a Champion of Champions announced, where's that at?

There was very little lateral thinking in this season and generally Greg didn't go for it when there was (unless it was Katherine..). Daisy and Richard just got it done in the most obvious way and came top.

Vegas saving grace of the season for sure

Damien

Staff
I didn't see a Champion of Champions announced, where's that at?

There was very little lateral thinking in this season and generally Greg didn't go for it when there was (unless it was Katherine..). Daisy and Richard just got it done in the most obvious way and came top.

Vegas saving grace of the season for sure

Mawaan was the only one who tried finding loopholes in nearly every task like moving the doorbell. Johnny did great moving the spider and was robbed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Katherine looked genuinely distressed at points. Mawaan probably the person who will get the biggest boost from having been on the show, you'd think. And that final studio task was genuinely tense as both Daisy and Richard clearly wanted to win quite badly.

Not the best season but I'd give it a pass as COVID clearly impacted some of the tasks and the vibe in studio. It was just nice to have some stupid entertainment really.

prateik

Johnny was robbed a few times, but his wire snapped during the spider task.. there is no way he was getting anything.

Mawaan and Johnny were the most entertaining.. Katherine was great because of how bad she was. Herring and Daisy went for the win.. The problem was Daisy was really annoying.. and she got gifted points for shit.

I was actually a bit pissed off at the start of the last episode because she got gifted points for that shit ghost recording tapes.

The only weak series for me was Series 6. Outside of that, Daisy was probably the least entertaining contestant so far.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mawaan at least tried to think outside the box for a lot of tasks. I didn’t mind him. You got the feeling Greg was annoyed at the lack of effort at times, especially from Daisy. Katherine was entertaining purely by how unobservant she was but I also thought she wasn’t really into it as much or didn’t have a knowledge of the show. She even said halfway in that she didn’t realise they got points for the prize tasks. Herring was boring.

Lee Mack should make things better and they’ll be prepared for covid this time. Can likely do testing and do the recordings with a distanced/vaccinated crowd.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Mawaan at least tried to think outside the box for a lot of tasks. I didn’t mind him. You got the feeling Greg was annoyed at the lack of effort at times, especially from Daisy. Katherine was entertaining purely by how unobservant she was but I also thought she wasn’t really into it as much or didn’t have a knowledge of the show. She even said halfway in that she didn’t realise they got points for the prize tasks. Herring was boring.

Lee Mack should make things better and they’ll be prepared for covid this time. Can likely do testing and do the recordings with a distanced/vaccinated crowd.
Given she often didn't seem to realise you could actually leave the room, I'd guess that's probably true. :lol: