Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

hobbers

Lineup for the next looks shit, never heard of any of them. Though a couple of the comedians seem fairly funny in youtube clips.

Hope this one has a studio audience back in.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I’m not Irish.

I’m sure it was a funny show at the time but as everything with a laugh track, it’s likely not aged well.
The creator is a shit person and there are moments in that and The IT Crowd that have definitely not aged well but it also has many classic moments and quotes that I'm 100% sure will be repeated either in this thread or twitter during the time the tasks air. I wouldn't be surprised if there were even tasks inspired by some of the moments

Stevondo8

Who is Judi love? The rest I’ve either eeen a bit of on tv or heard in podcasts so think it’ll be a pretty good series.

Didnt Morgana win basically by swearing at Alex early doors?

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

Who is Judi love? The rest I’ve either eeen a bit of on tv or heard in podcasts so think it’ll be a pretty good series.
She's a comedian who I've seen on a few panel shows and my memory is that she was a bit of a cross between Alison Hammond and Gemma Collins.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
She's a comedian who I've seen on a few panel shows and my memory is that she was a bit of a cross between Alison Hammond and Gemma Collins.

Not one that I was overly pleased to see was on here but let's see how she conducts herself on Taskmaster and I'm sure most will find her fine.
I didn’t even need to check who posted this :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Oh wow, Bertie definitely has a "type" he doesn't like.
Can we please not go into all this again.

I answered the question about who Judi Love is. I should have left it there, but added that she's not my type of comedian - before also adding that we'll see how she goes on Taskmaster and that I'm surely many will like her.

As for my 'type'. Yep, it's already been established that I find a certain type of comedy unfunny. That 'type' was portrayed in earlier series by Lou Sanders and Iain Stirling, the last series by Desiree Burch and, maybe (we'll see) the next series by Judi Love. The last two just happen to have been the two series since I joined the site. Had I been on here during the Lou and Iain series then I'd have posted the same about them - and have included both in earlier posts about the 'type' of humour that I find hard work.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Didnt Morgana win basically by swearing at Alex early doors?
Sort of yeah. :lol:
She was my favourite contestant this series, a worthy winner.

Not one that I was overly pleased to see was on here but let's see how she conducts herself on Taskmaster and I'm sure most will find her fine.
FFS bertie :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can we please not go into all this again.

I answered the question about who Judi Love is. I should have left it there, but added that she's not my type of comedian - before also adding that we'll see how she goes on Taskmaster and that I'm surely many will like her.

As for my 'type'. Yep, it's already been established that I find a certain type of comedy unfunny. That 'type' was portrayed in earlier series by Lou Sanders and Iain Stirling, the last series by Desiree Burch and, maybe (we'll see) the next series by Judi Love. The last two just happen to have been the two series since I joined the site. Had I been on here during the Lou and Iain series then I'd have posted the same about them - and have included both in earlier posts about the 'type' of humour that I find hard work.
You’ve never mentioned Desiree Burch before.

Bertie Wooster

FFS bertie :lol:
What? Do you think my comedy tastes have suddenly changed since the start of the last series?

It's been established which type of humour I like and which I don't. The group of panelists are chosen in a quite formulaic way each series to cover many things including different types of humour.

And I've made it quite clear that I'm not fond of the type of humour that, in my opinion, the likes of Lou Sanders, Iain Stirling, Johnny Vegas and others were selected to cover. And, having seen her on a number of panel shows, I think Judi Love is the one selected for that role this season.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I intended just to allude to it in one line of one post so it's already a bigger issue than I intended and don't want it to get a running joke like last time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What? Do you think my comedy tastes have suddenly changed since the start of the last series?

It's been established which type of humour I like and which I don't. The group of panelists are chosen in a quite formulaic way each series to cover many things including different types of humour.

And I've made it quite clear that I'm not fond of the type of humour that, in my opinion, the likes of Lou Sanders, Iain Stirling, Johnny Vegas and others were selected to cover. And, having seen her on a number of panel shows, I think Judi Love is the one selected for that role this season.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I intended just to allude to it in one line of one post so it's already a bigger issue than I intended and don't want it to get a running joke like last time.
What are your thoughts on Iain Sterling and Lou Sanders?

Bertie Wooster

What are your thoughts on Iain Sterling and Lou Sanders?
The same as they have always been in all the other posts. I find them loud and OTT and more annoying than funny.

TBF to Lou, I thought her OTT style worked the best it's ever done on the Outsiders series and her and Ed were funny together. But she's a 'less is more' comic for me and her zaniness can soon wear thin.

Thanks for asking. :)

Bertie Wooster

Amazing. I'm amazed people can't learn lessons.

Amazing reactions from me I know, but I can't help but be amazed at biases for whatever the reason.
You seem to think the word 'amazing' is a cutting jibe. Did I use it once or something and now you think it's a great dig?

And what 'lessons' are people meant to learn about preferring one comedy style to another? Just a rhetorical question, as I know you'd have only responded with the cutting and hilarious 'amazing'. :rolleyes:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

It was more of a 'been down this road before' thing.
Plus we can't trust you anyway, Desiree Birch was too quiet in the end.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You seem to think the word 'amazing' is a cutting jibe. Did I use it once or something and now you think it's a great dig?

And what 'lessons' are people meant to learn about preferring one comedy style to another? Just a rhetorical question, as I know you'd have only responded with the cutting and hilarious 'amazing'. :rolleyes:
I don't know what you mean.

I just find things amazing. No idea why you have an opinion on that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

The "type of humour", eh.

Bertie Wooster

It was more of a 'been down this road before' thing.
Plus we can't trust you anyway, Desiree Birch was too quiet in the end.
:lol:

It's not about 'trust', as it was always a subjective opinion. And I did say at the start of last series (page 14) that "I'm sure I'll find her hard work, but I expect she'll probably prove popular with plenty of viewers." And in my one post about Judi Love I said "I'm sure most will find her fine".

It's solely about the type of humour that I enjoy / don't enjoy watching. I'm not in any way predicting others won't find that type of comedy funny. Quite the opposite, as I'm aware many do. :)

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

I can't wait for Judi Love to be one of the most loveable contestants. But first we need apparant quotes from Alex about her to cement this.
Apparant (sic)?

You think I made it up? Or do you think it was someone on the Hawksbee and Jacobs show masquerading as Alex Horne? I can only be certain that the former is 100% wrong. But the latter also seems highly unlikely.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Morgana was a great contestant and always put effort into every task. She was also very likeable. I think Desiree and Guz were also very good sports and grew on me as the series went on.

Alan seemed to get more into his stride near the end, even though he still seemed “tired” at times. I like VCM, but I think her waffle can get a bit tiresome too and the proposal task effort/explanation was a bit grating. It felt more of an excuse not to put any effort in.

I don’t think Desiree appreciated her coming in from her side on the live task and making loud stomping noises either :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Deserved winner.

Either they do a good job of picking likeable people or the format lends itself to people coming across well.

Redlambs

Apparant (sic)?

You think I made it up? Or do you think it was someone on the Hawksbee and Jacobs show masquerading as Alex Horne? I can only be certain that the former is 100% wrong. But the latter also seems highly unlikely.
Hawksbee and Jacobs? OK boomer :lol:

That does explain why you have this type you dislike though. But hey you carry on, and don't worry if you get offended again, as you can always ask for another toddler time out!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol:

It's not about 'trust', as it was always a subjective opinion. And I did say at the start of last series (page 14) that "I'm sure I'll find her hard work, but I expect she'll probably prove popular with plenty of viewers." And in my one post about Judi Love I said "I'm sure most will find her fine".

It's solely about the type of humour that I enjoy / don't enjoy watching. I'm not in any way predicting others won't find that type of comedy funny. Quite the opposite, as I'm aware many do. :)
I don’t know how else to point out to you that we all find it quite amusing that you go over the same things again and again. You quote yourself and have said the same paragraph “I don’t like loud comedians like Lou Sanders and Sterling, Alex Horne said she’s a bit loud” about 8 times in this thread :lol:

Bertie Wooster

Hawksbee and Jacobs? OK boomer :lol:

That does explain why you have this type you dislike though. But hey you carry on, and don't worry if you get offended again, as you can always ask for another toddler time out!
I don't get most of that first part.

I'm 43, so hardly a 'boomer' age wise. And I listened to the interview on podcast because I heard Alex Horne had been on the show. So not sure why liking Alex Horne or Taskmaster would make me a boomer either, or why it would 'explain' my preference for dry humour?

Last edited:

Redlambs

I don't get most of that first part.

I'm 43, so hardly a 'boomer' age wise. And I listened to the interview on podcast because I heard Alex Horne had been on the show. So not sure why liking Alex Horne or Taskmaster would make me a boomer either, or why it would 'explain' why I prefer quiter, dry humour and don't like louder, OTT humour?
You don't get a lot of things it seems.

Hence why you cried out and now come back with the exact same attitude as if you ever had a point.

But don't worry, I'm sure Judi will be every bit as bad as Desiree was. Because after all, you've already gone on about her over and over. Amazing.

Bertie Wooster

Deserved winner.

Either they do a good job of picking likeable people or the format lends itself to people coming across well.
Both, I think. And probably more of the latter.

I think shows like this, Would I Lie To You, House of Games, etc, have a warmer feel with humour for humour's sake and a more collective feel amongst the group. A lot of the other panel shows have more political / sneery humour, and a more competive edge as they compete for airtime, etc.

Comedians that I've seen do the above on other shows seem to take the tone of warmer shows like Taskmaster and mostly keep it light and friendly while on there. So I think the format, and established tone of the show, is a big part of it.

Last edited:

Bertie Wooster

What's everyone's favourite tasks / moments from the show so far?

I'm sure it's already been covered plenty of times, but while we're between series it seems a decent time to discuss golden moments from the shows past - though, of course, it might well be a recent one such as Mike Wozniak on the plane!

I always love Joe Wilkinson getting the hole in one, and his devastation afterwards; Tim Vine searching for the hook. And there's so many from series 7 - the siren / boiler suit; Alex's arse poking out the hole in the grotto roof; the glasses in a box; the bob / kneel / wane studio task, and many more...

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Loved the "loud people" shoutout to caf when they've switched to Desiree's team :drool:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
How has it happened again

Bertie Wooster

Ah well, I tried. :rolleyes:

Can you not 'ignore' posters who are 'staff'? I know how to do it with others, so I might miss some posts (amazingly), but the staff ones don't seem to allow it?

Stevondo8

Having now googled/IMDb’d Judi Love, seems she’s mostly known for being a loose woman, which I’d probably why I don’t know who she is.

Redlambs

Ah well, I tried. :rolleyes:

Can you not 'ignore' posters who are 'staff'? I know how to do it with others, so I might miss some posts (amazingly), but the staff ones don't seem to allow it?
Imagine doing the exact same thing, having the exact same "type" to pick on, doing the exact same snowflake woe ist me routine and then claiming you tried.

Amazing :lol: