Television Taskmaster | Season 17 now airing

prateik

Yeah.. Great special.. Chiles surprised me a bit.. I remember watching him on MOTD a long time back.. deserved the win..

No idea who Jonnie Peacock was.. shame he missed out on the in studio episode.. looked like he watches the show.. knew how to play it.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah.. Great special.. Chiles surprised me a bit.. I remember watching him on MOTD a long time back.. deserved the win..

No idea who Jonnie Peacock was.. shame he missed out on the in studio episode.. looked like he watches the show.. knew how to play it.
He didn't seem to know a lot about eggs though.

Stevondo8

Enjoyed the NY episode but made me think, this show is crying out for a blue peter special…although they might be too competent at the tasks to make the show funny.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ive been watching these on youtube recently, really enjoyable show this. Alex is brilliant

lsd

The Oracle
I think Ardal will be the stand out this time around although I do like what I've seen of Bridget and Sophie Duker.

The other two I'm not that familiar with

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I didn't like Sophie when she was on Mock the week, she just has an unintentionally smug face.

But she's funny on this, and I approve of the outfit.

It's a good cast. The one in the hat seems like she will get proper angry at some point :lol:

sebsheep

Enjoyed that. Not entirely sure what Sophie was doing to that canvas though. :lol:
Judy was great. They all could've done a bit better with the duel task.

MUW4Eva

I love Taskmaster!!

This looks like a really good series, loved the way Judy tried to talk her way out of things, she reminds me a bit of myself in that!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Might be the best episode since pre covid? Maybe not but felt long overdue as the last few series have been mixed and missing something.

I like all of the contestants so far which is a good start.

Agree that Chris will run away with it. Sophie and Bridget will do pretty well but fall short. Judy and Ardel will be miles off. Basically the season will follow the same path as the first episode.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So much better with a live audience back.

Judy Love is what Bertie Wooster thought Desiree Burch would be.

0le

Did anyone else feel that the editing was a bit hurried during the footage of the tasks? Maybe I am just remembering the painting task, where there was not really much to show.

CraftySoAndSo

I've started watching this over the last month or two and up to season 5 now, for such a simple concept it's such an amazing show. I saw the new series on Thursday as i noticed it was on and had nothing else to watch. It feels like i know more of the contestants from the earlier seasons whereas i only know Ardal and Chris from the new season though.

phelans shorts

I've started watching this over the last month or two and up to season 5 now, for such a simple concept it's such an amazing show. I saw the new series on Thursday as i noticed it was on and had nothing else to watch. It feels like i know more of the contestants from the earlier seasons whereas i only know Ardal and Chris from the new season though.
This is almost definitely true, since they don’t want to repeat guests they burnt through lots of big names early. This season in particular looks to be a very good mix, mind.

decorativeed

Yeah, i definitely knew more of the earlier guests, but the show has introduced me to a fair few people I'd not heard of previously, but who I'd now consider myself a fan of. It's one of the best things about it.

This series, I'd never heard of Chris Ramsay, but had heard of the others. I've seen a fair bit of Sophie Duker over the last couple of years, seen Judy Love on a couple of things and been aware of Bridget Christie mainly as Stewart Lee's wife. Obviously I knew of Ardal since Father Ted, but I've not seen Chris on anything before.

CraftySoAndSo

This is almost definitely true, since they don’t want to repeat guests they burnt through lots of big names early. This season in particular looks to be a very good mix, mind.
Yeah it makes sense to get all the good guests on as soon as possible but it does create a problem if this keeps going for many more seasons. I liked the new seasons contestants as well but there's going to be more hit and miss seasons due to all the good comedians already appearing. I'd love Richard Ayoade or David Mitchell to have a go at some point, i think they'd be great.
Yeah, i definitely knew more of the earlier guests, but the show has introduced me to a fair few people I'd not heard of previously, but who I'd now consider myself a fan of. It's one of the best things about it.

This series, I'd never heard of Chris Ramsay, but had heard of the others. I've seen a fair bit of Sophie Duker over the last couple of years, seen Judy Love on a couple of things and been aware of Bridget Christie mainly as Stewart Lee's wife. Obviously I knew of Ardal since Father Ted, but I've not seen Chris on anything before.
It does give the potential to see new people or see people you already know in a whole new light. Like you i know Ardal from Father Ted although as Greg said he doesn't seem any different :lol:

The only thing i'd seen Chris on is Richard Osman's House Of Games, don't know him from anything else. I've never seen the others but from the first episode i think they've been good, it's better when they embrace the bonkers nature of it all.

sebsheep

Solid episode this week. Blindfold task was my favourite, Bridget during that. :lol:
Love Judy. Chris 2/2 now as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everything about Judy Love should be annoying but she’s actually quite funny :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Everything about Judy Love should be annoying but she’s actually quite funny :lol:

I'm loving them all this time even Chris is growing on me despite the feeling he's playing it safe and is to keen to win.

Ardal probably my favourite at present

lsd

The Oracle
Just got caught up on this week's episode and seriously starting to think Ardal just might be my favourite contestant in the history of the show