Television Ted Lasso (Apple TV Football Comedy)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My wife’s been bothering me to watch this season but after the last one I can’t be arsed. She loves it. Mind you, she’d watch anything on the goggle box, except non fiction (documentaries, nature shows, etc).
I still enjoyed this for what it was. Deep or realistic it isn't of course and the finale felt rushed, and unlike S2 which had 2 pointless extra episodes, this series could have done with 2 more.

Woodzy

Started watching this over the weekend. Season 1 was incredible, moments where I nearly cried man tears.

What the feck happened between then and season 2?! It’s almost slapstick it’s so bad.

saik

Started watching this over the weekend. Season 1 was incredible, moments where I nearly cried man tears.

What the feck happened between then and season 2?! It’s almost slapstick it’s so bad.
Yea, I genuinely liked season 1 and was actually looking forward for season 2 at that time. Season 2 and 3 are just boring. It's like they ran out of ideas.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished this over the weekend. Season 1 was absolutely brilliant. Then a massive nosedive in season 2 which I was having some thoughts on just dumping it altogether but persevered with it just to see how it ended. Hoping for better in season 3 and despite it not being as bad as season 2, it just was nowhere near as good as the first season. Felt very rushed and just lacking new ideas.

Overall it’s decent but personally nowhere near as good as it’s made out in the media. 7/10.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I bailed on finishing season 3. At least season 2 had that angle with Lasso going to the therapist, the classic take on the sad clown which at least was a good thing to talk about in the context of football. Season 3 was more "what if we made Ted Lasso but stopped making it about football or Ted Lasso but everyone else instead".

Big Andy

Bloke
Very late to this as I've never had Apple TV before, and thought it would be American "soccer" shite, but it's actually so good.

Big Andy

Bloke
Very late to this as I've never had Apple TV before, and thought it would be American "soccer" shite, but it's actually so good.
Until they ruined it by playing that scouse dirge when they got relegated.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Cannot stress enough how much I hated this. Real emperor’s no clothes thing for me, as I’ve had it recommended to me a zillion times. Don’t think I’ve ever sat through an episode of a “comedy” and felt less amused than I did watching e1 of this shite.

Wing Attack Plan R

Downtown Abbey with worse football. It was essentially a one season idea, if even that, that had an uplifting message we all sort of needed at the time. Then it became insufferable, and made the Dream Team show look like a gritty Michael Mann movie in comparison. So, so fecking dumb.

Big Andy

Bloke
Cannot stress enough how much I hated this. Real emperor’s no clothes thing for me, as I’ve had it recommended to me a zillion times. Don’t think I’ve ever sat through an episode of a “comedy” and felt less amused than I did watching e1 of this shite.
Tagline checks out.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
On to season 3. It's an easy enjoyable watch.

Have to laugh at how West Ham is portrayed as one of the big boys in football though. Also the football scenes are absolutely dire.

Big Andy

Bloke
On to season 3. It's an easy enjoyable watch.

Have to laugh at how West Ham is portrayed as one of the big boys in football though. Also the football scenes are absolutely dire.
It’s not the funniest thing ever, but it’s got heart and like you say an easy watch.

Darkhorsez

And your point? So much hyperbole for nothing!

CallyRed

Wouldn't it be great if all managers just regularly drank down their local pub.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's right, to be fair.
I think it's a good show, an easy watch. There has been some real poignant moments that hit every now and again when you are going through shit. Real feel good comfort food.... and some genuinely \o/ moments.

Redcafe gon redcafe...

Big Andy

Bloke
I think it’s gas. Makes me chuckle every single time. Although helps if you’ve ever been involved in the charade that is an annual appraisal, which it’s taking the piss out of.
I used ChatGPT to do all my appraisals in October (Our year end) and it's fecking brilliant. Ours is mostly online with a face to face at the end, I like to keep my staff appraisals short and concise as I can't be fecking bothered with the pointless charade when the higher ups just gave everyone a blanket 3.5% rise last year anyway.

Someone got "underachieving on some targets" and I got "Exceeds expectations" and we both got the same pay rise, which is lovely.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I used ChatGPT to do all my appraisals in October (Our year end) and it's fecking brilliant. Ours is mostly online with a face to face at the end, I like to keep my staff appraisals short and concise as I can't be fecking bothered with the pointless charade when the higher ups just gave everyone a blanket 3.5% rise last year anyway.

Someone got "underachieving on some targets" and I got "Exceeds expectations" and we both got the same pay rise, which is lovely.
Cunning plan.

Big Andy

Bloke
Cunning plan.
"Write a performance appraisal for Pogue Mahone for successfully posting on redcafe.net and hitting his target of over 130,000 posts with outstanding quality"

[Your Company] [Date]

Performance Appraisal for Pogue Mahone

Employee Name: Pogue Mahone Position: [Specify if applicable] Review Period: [Start Date] to [End Date]

I am pleased to provide this performance appraisal for Pogue Mahone, who has demonstrated exceptional commitment and achievement in his role during the review period. Pogue Mahone's primary responsibilities include active participation and contribution to RedCafe.net, and he has consistently exceeded expectations in both quantitative and qualitative aspects.

Key Achievements:

1. Exemplary Posting Activity: Pogue Mahone has surpassed the target of over 130,000 posts on RedCafe.net, showcasing an unparalleled dedication to engaging with the community. His consistent and high-volume contributions have significantly enriched the platform and fostered a vibrant online community.
  2. Outstanding Quality of Posts: Beyond the sheer quantity of posts, Pogue Mahone has consistently delivered content of exceptional quality. His contributions have been well-received by the community, evidenced by positive feedback, upvotes, and meaningful interactions with other forum members.
  3. Positive Impact on RedCafe.net: Pogue Mahone's presence on RedCafe.net has had a positive impact on the overall atmosphere of the forum. His insightful and well-articulated posts have contributed to the intellectual discussions, creating a more engaging and dynamic environment for all users.
  4. Effective Communication Skills: Pogue Mahone has demonstrated effective communication skills, fostering positive interactions with fellow forum members. His ability to express ideas clearly, respectfully, and persuasively has been instrumental in maintaining a constructive atmosphere on the platform.
  5. Consistent Engagement with Community Guidelines: Pogue Mahone has consistently adhered to the community guidelines of RedCafe.net. His contributions have upheld the values of the forum, promoting a healthy and respectful exchange of ideas among members.
Areas for Further Development: While Pogue Mahone has excelled in his role, there may be opportunities for continued growth, such as exploring new topics, encouraging diverse perspectives, or taking on a mentorship role within the community.

Overall, Pogue Mahone's performance has been outstanding, and his dedication to RedCafe.net has significantly contributed to the success and positive reputation of the platform. We appreciate his hard work, passion, and commitment to maintaining the high standards expected of our team members.

We look forward to witnessing Pogue Mahone's continued success and contributions in the upcoming review period.

Sincerely,

Big Andy
Big Boss Man

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"Write a performance appraisal for Pogue Mahone for successfully posting on redcafe.net and hitting his target of over 130,000 posts with outstanding quality"
:lol: we are fecked ain't we

Big Andy

Bloke
:lol: we are fecked ain't we
[Your Company] [Date]

Performance Appraisal for Afrocentricity

Employee Name: Afrocentricity Position: [Specify if applicable] Review Period: [Start Date] to [End Date]

I am providing this performance appraisal for Afrocentricity to address concerns regarding performance during the review period. Afrocentricity's primary responsibility involves active participation on RedCafe.net, and it is noted that there are significant areas that require improvement.

Key Observations:

1. Failure to Meet Posting Targets: Afrocentricity has fallen short of the expected posting targets during the review period. Despite having posted over 25,000 times, the quantity of posts does not align with the predetermined benchmarks.
  2. Substandard Topics: A notable issue is the quality of topics initiated by Afrocentricity. Many of the posts lack substance, relevance, or fail to contribute meaningfully to the discussions on RedCafe.net. The substandard nature of these topics is a concern, as it detracts from the overall quality of content on the forum.
  3. Lack of Fostering Engagement: Afrocentricity has not demonstrated an adequate ability to foster engagement with other forum members. Effective engagement goes beyond quantity and includes the creation of meaningful discussions, encouraging participation, and contributing positively to the community atmosphere, which Afrocentricity has not achieved.
  4. Inconsistent Adherence to Community Guidelines: There have been instances where Afrocentricity's posts did not adhere to the community guidelines of RedCafe.net. It is crucial for all employees to maintain the standards set by the platform to ensure a respectful and inclusive environment for all users.
Areas for Improvement:

1. Quality over Quantity: Afrocentricity is encouraged to prioritize the quality of posts over sheer quantity. Focusing on thought-provoking and relevant topics will contribute more effectively to the forum's overall value.
  2. Engagement Enhancement: Afrocentricity should work on actively engaging with other forum members by responding thoughtfully to comments, initiating constructive discussions, and encouraging a positive exchange of ideas.
  3. Alignment with Community Guidelines: It is imperative that Afrocentricity consistently adheres to the community guidelines of RedCafe.net. This includes being mindful of language, tone, and content to ensure a harmonious online community.
This performance appraisal is intended to highlight areas that require improvement and to provide guidance for Afrocentricity's professional development. We believe that with focused effort and attention to the outlined areas, Afrocentricity can make significant strides in enhancing his performance on RedCafe.net.

Sincerely,

[Your Name] [Your Title] [Your Contact Information]

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Reluctantly giving the final season a chance as my free Apple TV+ is coming to an end. Three episodes in I'm pleasantly surprised it isn't as cringe as season 2.