Telegraph Football: Man Utd looking to appoint director of football this summer | Appointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I mean I haven't made up my mind.

Personally I don't think it's much change but am hoping it is.

Fletcher is obviously an unkown and has no experience in the role but maybe he can have an influence.

Murtough I've just read a few articles on and am somewhat hopeful after what he has done with the Academy.

Judge is a terrible appointment in my opinion based on his previous track record. We have heard lots of very concerning things about him over the last few years.

So yes if I'm guessing I don't think this change is what we had hoped.

But I'll keep an open mind. As many Journos have said time will tell if this is real change or if this is change in name only.

Let's all hope it's the former.

Should be able to tell fairly quick. Real clubs go into transfer windows with plans and execute them as quickly as possible.

We only need to go back to last summer to see a disaster.
Judge's role hasn't changed and it's just a title change, exact same job as he has been doing.

clarkydaz

Personally I don't think it's much change but am hoping it is.
Fletcher is obviously an unkown and has no experience in the role but maybe he can have an influence.
Murtough I've just read a few articles on and am somewhat hopeful after what he has done with the Academy.
Judge is a terrible appointment in my opinion based on his previous track record. We have heard lots of very concerning things about him over the last few years.

We only need to go back to last summer to see a disaster.
This is the main thing thats annoys me about this, there are positives to be had in the others. The fact he has been demoted acknowledges he shouldnt be doing the job, and Woodward has kept his clique mate in the job

GBBQ

Matt Judge appointed Director of Football Negotiations after years of failing.

Disgusting.

This is the guy agents complain about cause he won't answer his fecking phone.

Not delighted with Fletcher as he has no experience but let's hope he is good.

Murtough as football director seems another cop out too.

Bar Fletcher all these people have been here years and failing for years.

Edit: Reading up Murtough actually seems the most promising appointment. Judge is really the only one I have a problem with based in what we know. Hopefully things improve quickly
That edit is hilarious. As is the response where you agree with someone saying 'no change' and highlight that there is one major change in Darren Flecther being involved.

Our ethos has been changing over the course of Ole's tenure, focusing on players being right for the team and not for the sponsors, investing in our youth set up and developing the women's team. This is hopefully another good step forward in terms of structure and even if Matt judge isn't everyone's cup of tea, i am sure he'll need to improve or he'll have Ole, Fletcher and Murtough complaining that he's preventing them doing their jobs so Ed can't ignore.

GoldTrafford99

Tell ye wha'...

This is the WORST NEWS EVER if you are in the Ole Out Brigade.

This is the proof - if proof were ever needed - that we are going the long-term route...

Get your seatbelts on, guys 'n' gals... this journey gonna take a while...

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Tell ye wha'...

This is the proof - if proof where ever needed - that we are going the long-term route...

Ole is a dictator for life :(

roseguy64

The Matt Judge news could be huge. Anything to keep Woody away from the negotiating table.

Pleased for Fletcher. He understands United and should work well with any manager who has similar values (including Ole).
Woodward hasn't been involved in direct negotiations for years now.

Brad2020

Same shit behind the seems, simply repackaged. Let's see what the next two windows manifest.
So it appears. The fact that they weren't able to attract a quality sporting director "Is not a good sign"

It means that no one wanted to take a job where they wouldn't be able to do their job independently.

In short, Woodward's still in charge, the sporting director is his lackey. The Glazer's are trying to run a club they can't afford to run....so this is what we get.

Roboc7

Tell ye wha'...

This is the proof - if proof were ever needed - that we are going the long-term route...

It’s evidence that structure is more important than the manager. Ole will be responsible for what happens on the pitch and if he doesn’t meet standard and gets the sack the club carry on without him. It’s not a positive or negative reflection on Ole.

Kag

So it appears. The fact that they weren't able to attract a quality sporting director "Is not a good sign"

It means that no one wanted to take a job where they wouldn't be able to do their job independently.

In short, Woodward's still in charge, the sporting director is his lackey. The Glazer's are trying to run a club they can't afford to run....so this is what we get.
Tell me more about your role within the Manchester United machine.

When you’ve done that, tell me more about ‘quality sporting directors’ and how you have come to know so much about their value.

Brad2020

Tell me more about your role within the Manchester United machine.

When you’ve done that, tell me more about ‘quality sporting directors’ and how you have come to know so much about their value.
I'll answer your question when you tell me how appointing Matt Judge as Director of Football Negotiations who botched the Sancho deal, failed to get Haaland, Bellingham, and most likely had a hand in...

Signing a 32 year old Matic to a three year deal
Signing a injury prone Phil Jones to a 5 year deal
Signing a lucrative extended contract to Alexis Sanchez which made him virtually impossible to sell
Signing a lucrative extended contract to David De Gea, thereby limiting our options of keeping Henderson
Recently signing an injury prone Cavani who states he's not happy and wants to leave....

....and I am just getting started, is a good improvement for the club.

Nothing is really changing at United, they are just shuffling seats around, Ed Woodward is still in charge, and Matt Judge has been his right hand man in negotiations....why should I be excited?

clarkydaz

I'll answer your question when you tell me how appointing Matt Judge as Director of Football Negotiations who botched the Sancho deal, failed to get Haaland, Bellingham, and most likely had a hand in...

Signing a lucrative extended contract to Alexis Sanchez which made him virtually impossible to sell
Signing a lucrative extended contract to David De Gea, thereby limiting our options of keeping Henderson
Recently signing an injury prone Cavani who states he's not happy and wants to leave....

Nothing is really changing at United, they are just shuffling seats around, Ed Woodward is still in charge, and Matt Judge has been his right hand man in negotiations....why should I be excited?
I'll add signing Igahlo from china on deadline day,
12 months later do the same with Cavani
Messing Romero around which pissed the squad off

'Trust the process'

Varun1

I'll add signing Igahlo from china on deadline day,
12 months later do the same with Cavani
Messing Romero around which pissed the squad off

'Trust the process'
Didn't we also have to pay a good amount to extend Ighalo's deal?

pacifictheme

Cavani isn't happy?!

Status
Not open for further replies.