Telegraph: Herrera defends Mourinho & claims players share his frustration over Man Utd's US tour

Micky Targaryen

No no no Herrera is just one of Moaninho's soldiers so obviously he's not gonna jeopardize his place in the squad by telling the actual truth. In fact I won't believe all the players because they will always defend the manager. If you want the truth, we should read impartial articles from neutral journalists like Jamie Jackson or Paul Hirst.

Do I still need white text?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Good lad Ander. As far as mentality goes, his is first class. Could do with more of that in our team.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
However flawed tonight’s performance was it certainly didn’t lack for effort. I don’t think Mourinho will be in for a Chelsea like meltdown just yet.

Andersons Dietician

Did anyone watch his TV interview on MUTV, said some intresting things about the kids and the amount of minutes the elder guys of had to play and how little the kids played. Did however say they were a great bunch of kids and so on.

GazTheLegend

Why would they be so frustrated over pre-season? Yes half of our best players are missing but just see it as essential game time. Can just see us going into the season carrying a negative mentality already, and starting off shite. Pathetic attitude from Mourinho and the players.
What the actual feck are you smoking

Why do our fans hate our club so much

Member 90887

Smores

Calling our players pathetic for wanting to have the conditions to excel is an odd one i must say. These lads want to win, the idea they should just be happy regardless is a mental judgement to make.

Craig Ward

The way Jose has been, its a surprise for a player to voice and share his opinions.

This years pre-season, being in America for so long with so many key players missing preparation after the WC is not ideal.

That being said - its the same for every single club.

The youth have played, that's all well and good. Jose is frustrated he cant work with the players who will feature heavily for him prior to the season starting. I get that.

Why some players haven't come back is a bit of a miff to me, Jones/Rashford didn't feature heavily throughout the tournament for example and are taking as long as Pogba/Young, who played more or less every game. Fred also took a while to join up. When is Lindelof/Rojo back?

Martial the enigma also.

What irks me is the lack of quality shown by the youngsters/fringe players. Herrera/Smalling/Mata have been woeful at best.

On the plus, Sanchez looks set to improve (although hardly difficult off the back of his form last season). Periera has been good and Fred will instantly improve our midfield shape. Shame Dalot has been injured and unable to get some minutes

204Red

Funny how no one really seems to be writing about Sanchez and his improved form over last season.

Amazing what giving a player a break can do

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Funny how no one really seems to be writing about Sanchez and his improved form over last season.

Sky did. Was quite a positive article actually. Praised Mata, Herrera and Sanchez for their attacking play and for their pre season form along with Andreas, and called Fred's performance 'faultless'. They were even sympathetic to the concerns expressed by Jose. Refreshing to see.

AndyJ1985

Why would anyone write an article about his performances in a few preseason matches?

klsv

Caf: Mourinho has to stop being so critical in public! It will kill the players' motivation!
Player: *also critical*
Caf: Ah, the teacher's pet also following the party line as expected...

:houllier:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Other clubs seem to not have an issue with it. Liverpool and City seem to be more excited at getting a look at their youth players, not whinging about how we’re only playing our reserve side.

It’s pre-season. We’ve had incredible pre-seasons in the past and started the league terribly, and we’ve had shite pre-seasons in the past and started well. It’s really, mostly, for fitness.
Yeah I bet Pep is mighty excited to see all the youngsters that in the end he'll decide not to include on the bench in some game and rather go with 6 players on the bench instead.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yeah I bet Pep is mighty excited to see all the youngsters that in the end he'll decide not to include on the bench in some game and rather go with 6 players on the bench instead.
Nothing to do with what’s going to happen in the season or the next couple of years. The fact is every top club has players missing for pre season so what’s the point complaining? We saw some great talent show what they’ve got in the US yet Mourinho still has to complain about it.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good comments from Herrera in my opinion, not that he was ever likely to say much else. Jose has looked almost comically miserable when speaking to the media for a while, particularly recently, but I'm glad we have a manager who refuses to turn cartwheels for the press. Time was the manager acting how he bloody well likes and not giving them a sausage if it doesn't suit was seen as a strength at United.

NikkiCFC

Supports
Chelsea
Herrera will make a great manager someday.
No he won't. To be a manager you need to have strong personality. Herrera is typical player Jose like, he will do everything for him just like Matic. Remember when Jose put Matic on the pitch and sub him after 20 minutes and Matic still wanted to work with him!? That's lack of personality.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why would anyone write an article about his performances in a few preseason matches?
Why wouldn't they? Don't really understand what you're asking here. A player who didn't perform well last season playing brilliantly in pre season isn't news worthy? Half of the caf, including yourself, are on suicide watch due to the pre season so you all seem to find it quite important.

Make no sense.

TheReligion

Abusive
No he won't. To be a manager you need to have strong personality. Herrera is typical player Jose like, he will do everything for him just like Matic. Remember when Jose put Matic on the pitch and sub him after 20 minutes and Matic still wanted to work with him!? That's lack of personality.
Chelsea fans have no idea of what makes a great manager. Your gaff is like a revolving door!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Funny how preseason is only meaningless when it doesn't go as we had hoped.
Seems the opposite on here to be honest. Lose to Liverpool and it's a disaster. Beat Real Madrid and it doesn't fit the agenda so just pretend it never happened and carry on moaning.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A strong personality like Zidane, Ancelotti, or Ranieri et al ? What a load of steaming BS.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Unai Emery won three Europa Leagues in a row and he's spineless by all accounts. Guardiola is one of the best modern managers and he's also spineless according to many players.

Sing you a song

Good job some of our players have a backbone considering most of our fans don't.
In all honesty mate you should stop looking down at people from your ivory tower, no point criticising people for having an opinion .
The fact is that we were 19 points and 40 goals behind City last season and In response to that we have bought 1 player of note and he is not a goal scorer .

I’m sick of negativity as well but when it all your manager spouts then occasionally it rubs off on you especially when the deadline day is looming and we are no closer to strengthening the squad sufficiently in order to compete with City

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Why would they be so frustrated over pre-season? Yes half of our best players are missing but just see it as essential game time. Can just see us going into the season carrying a negative mentality already, and starting off shite. Pathetic attitude from Mourinho and the players.
Because they hate losing even in friendlies?

Would be even more pathetic if they didn't give a shit about the results.

TheReligion

Abusive
In all honesty mate you should stop looking down at people from your ivory tower, no point criticising people for having an opinion .
The fact is that we were 19 points and 40 goals behind City last season and In response to that we have bought 1 player of note and he is not a goal scorer .

I’m sick of negativity as well but when it all your manager spouts then occasionally it rubs off on you especially when the deadline day is looming and we are no closer to strengthening the squad sufficiently in order to compete with City
That's all fair and the positive people are equally frustrated.

What isn't acceptable is people moving from thread to thread posting their negative trash. It's ruining the forum and restricting genuine discussion. This is a positive thread yet the same old faces appear and try and turn it into another miserable shit stained one.

Kag

Herrera's a model player. Not in the best of form but he's a brilliant ambassador for the club. You always get the impression he's a real student of the game. Second he'd one day become a cracking coach. Fingers crossed he can raise his game because when he's on it he's very good.

Davs

Nice to see Herrera backing Jose to be honest. Given all of the media negativity about him as of late it's probably taken a fair bit of balls for Herrera to come out publicly and say how right Jose is.

Regardless of how 'normal' this should be for Herrera to do, Jose receives stick for his comments and for Herrera to back him shows that he still has the dressing room.

Reactions: Invictus

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Hererra’s always been a real teacher’s pet, so no surprise he’s toeing the party line. I like that about him. 100% commited to the cause and unswerving loyalty to the gaffer. I just wish he would he would turn that commitment into better performances on the pitch. He’s been my most disappointing player in pre-season. Ideal opportunity to stake a claim and, so far, he’s fluffed his lines. Same thing happened when Pogba got injured. Very frustrating.
The only thing you wrote I agree with.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The moaners are resorting to conspiracy theories now to try and maintain the negativity they seem to be hoping is within the squad.

I'm embarrassed for anyone who thinks Jose speaks to the players the way he speaks to the media. In that respect he and Sir Alex are peas in a pod. In the dressing room they are motivators and with the press they can't hide their contempt. In return you get negative media articles like the one in early 2000s 'three games to finish Fergie' or the one which claimed Ferguson's late 90s success was mainly due to a bunch of world class youngsters being dropped into his lap in 1995.

Basically, those of us who've been around a long time have seen this kind of nonsense before. However back then, we got behind the manager rather than believed what was written.

Reddy Rederson

What the actual feck are you smoking

Why do our fans hate our club so much
Current social media trend. What started out as a bit of venting, has become a full time occupation. There are no positives here, only negatives we haven’t discovered yet. “We beat real 2-1!” “but, but, but our possession was poor, we didn’t play the way I wanted us to.” Etc etc fecking etc.

You’re not allowed to enjoy things anymore, and if you do people will only cut you to shreds, twist and wilfully misinterpret what you say and enjoy in order to belittle, attack or accuse. Can’t just enjoy a goal without some cnut bring up the misery or a defeat.

Imagine if we won the treble today. How many of these “fans” would be saying “oh, I thought the treble didn’t matter? It didn’t matter last year when we didn’t win anything. Funny how it only matters when we win it!”. :rolleyes: