Telegraph Investigation: England Manager Sam Allardyce For Sale | Big Sam leaves England job

Kag

For me it's not really the end of the world really.

I just find it a bit odd the media put themselves on a pedastel and give themselves the right to slate managers and players then go out their way to ruin their careers. Equally they have a habit of moaning when the teams don't bend over backwards for them with interviews.

Going out your way to set someone up like that is a bit scummy for me as well, really is the gutter press.

Nah not at all I just it's weird the press who go out their way to tell us all that is wrong with the team then go out their way to sabotage it.
To be fair, this is a wider investigation into corruption in football. This is proper sports journalism and shady blokes like Allardyce need weeding out. This extract from an article by Daniel Taylor is about Ravel Morrison while at West Ham. It stinks

Towards the end of last year, Morrison was invited to a meeting with the football agent Mark Curtis to see if he wanted to become one of his clients. Curtis does this a fair bit with Allardyce's players. At West Ham, he either represents or has links with Allardyce, Kevin Nolan, James Tomkins, Jack Collison, Matt Jarvis, Andy Carroll, Jussi Jaaskelainen and Adrian. Look through his history and there is a fairly astounding pattern of players signing up to him from Allardyce teams. He also has a chequered past of his own, with an official warning from the Football Association after the 2008 investigation into Luton Town's illegal transfer dealings.

Morrison was not keen but, since then, his complaint is that he has felt under considerable pressure from Allardyce and Nolan to change his mind, claiming it is brought up on an almost daily basis. His grievance is that he wanted to go into training to learn and improve, not to have endless conversations about an agent he did not want to employ.

West Ham have put this to the relevant people and they strenuously deny it. Curtis says it is "nonsense", and there is no suggestion of any wrongdoing. But Morrison has become disillusioned with his manager and captain. Allardyce has talked of Morrison complaining about a groin injury when the medical staff could find no problem. Relationships have broken down. A few months ago, Morrison appeared to have the keys to the football universe. Now he cannot wait to get out of the club.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/15/ravel-morrison-west-ham-united-waste

Last edited:

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Really hope this ruins him, to be honest. He's a dodgy xenophobic prick who's always been tempted by bribes and brown envelopes no matter the reason nor the legality - the sooner the game gets rid of him the better.

Spoony

The People's President
To be fair, this is a wider investigation into corruption in football. This is proper sports journalism and shady blokes like Allardyce need weeding out. This article is about Ravel Morrison while at West Ham. It stinks
Allardyce is a good start.

FujiVice

Bring in Harry Redknapp. We need a man with a clean record in charge of our national side.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
"The Telegraph began investigating corruption in English football last year after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were taking or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers. Over the coming days the Telegraph will detail how:

• The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”
  • Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers
  • Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce
  • Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it
  • A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers"
Hope it is not someone from United.....

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Get Hoddle in. He might believe in karma and reincarnation (I personally think it was a disgrace for him to lose his job for that) but he's not shady.
Nah, feck that. He deserved it for what he said.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Always amazes me the risks and lengths rich people will go to for more money.
Just think of how many times he's done this for 400k a pop? Not bad coin for four hours work, obviously its terrible but when someone flashes that sort of cash at you just to talk then human nature takes over and greed makes you spill the beans.

In general I agree with your point btw.

FujiVice

Cant imagine he wont be sacked. The FA are terrified over any allegations of corruption or investigation. They'll send him packing. At least they wont have to pay him off, because he's broke his contract with this shite.

AndyJ1985

For me it's not really the end of the world really.

I just find it a bit odd the media put themselves on a pedastel and give themselves the right to slate managers and players then go out their way to ruin their careers. Equally they have a habit of moaning when the teams don't bend over backwards for them with interviews.

Going out your way to set someone up like that is a bit scummy for me as well, really is the gutter press.

Nah not at all I just it's weird the press who go out their way to tell us all that is wrong with the team then go out their way to sabotage it.
I don't agree at all. This is real, useful journalism. The bottom line is you can't set someone up for something they haven't done. They can go out of their way to "ruin careers" all they want, but they won't ruin any career of a manager who has done nothing wrong. Corruption needs weeding out and I'm happy to see journalists earning their money by exposing everyone who is guilty of it.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Didn't the Telegraph reporters go undercover a few years ago it was recorded/reporterd in a similar way as this - think it was about doping, barca players being mentioned. Anyone have a link?

Bluppblupp

This is really interesting, and even more interesting is the fact that this probably is just the tip of an iceberg. The football scene is sooo corrupt, and it's great that something is finally happening.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
"The Telegraph began investigating corruption in English football last year after receiving information that specific managers, officials and agents were taking or receiving cash payments to secure player transfers. Over the coming days the Telegraph will detail how:

• The assistant manager of a high-profile football club accepted a £5,000 cash “bung”
  • Ten managers were named by players’ agents as taking bribes to fix player transfers
  • Two well-known managers discussed becoming ambassadors for the same fictitious firm as Sam Allardyce
  • Another high-profile manager admitted his players broke FA rules by betting on their own games but he failed to report it
  • A senior figure at a Premier League club helped undercover reporters to formulate a plan to bribe managers"
Only one mention of a PL club

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Had a look at the videos, he's not done anything wrong.

Ixion

Get Hoddle in. He might believe in karma and reincarnation (I personally think it was a disgrace for him to lose his job for that) but he's not shady.
Err it wasn't just reincarnation but that disabled people were paying for sins in a previous life...that's a pretty shitty thing to say.

Shady

The English national team is really fascinating in the way they always feck it up in new ways.

GiddyUp

Not the first time this has been said. There was quite a bit of dodginess around Sam at West Ham, wasn't there? I'm sure Ravel Morrison claimed to have been told he had to hire a certain agent or play in the reserves.
He is a shifty fecker alright, so is Harry "I can't fackin read or write" Redknapp. It has to be Benitez at this point and the only thing stopping him from applying is the that Jose never managed there. Would be funny if the FA rocked up with Van Gaal.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

Wow. This is going to be huge. Let's pray it isn't anyone from United!

Abizzz

To be fair, this is a wider investigation into corruption in football. This is proper sports journalism and shady blokes like Allardyce need weeding out. This extract from an article by Daniel Taylor is about Ravel Morrison while at West Ham. It stinks
Wow. He was 19 when he went to West Ham. This might become a criminal investigation rather quick!?

redNATION

Cant imagine he wont be sacked. The FA are terrified over any allegations of corruption or investigation. They'll send him packing. At least they wont have to pay him off, because he's broke his contract with this shite.
Might not be the case. If this happened before he was England manager, then they might well have to pay it off (unless there's a clause which says committing a crime, if that's what this is, at any time would allow termination).