Ten Hag (end of the season) or Rodgers (now)

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That's literally what we've been doing for the last three or four years.
No we haven't. We've not been buying to fit our tactical formation for the simple reason that we do not have one.

I dont think we need 3/4 years of spending. We need a holding midfielder as a priority. The team that we currently have is capable of competing.
Good enough to get top four possibly - and even that is now looking more difficult long term. But we won't win anything proper till we start playing modern high press football and get the players and coach to match. Fans have to chose between supporting a football club and being the marks at Disneyland.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is there anything that links us to Ten Hag actually?
Romano, Mokbel, Custis etc have all reported that he's on United's short list.

Custis around 3 weeks ago reported about United having assigned a influential agent to contact all 4 of the managerial targets (Conte, Zidane, ten Hag, Rodgers) to gather each individuals idea on how they intend to take the club forward and the type of salary they would command. He's since given a update (yesterday) and said that Zidane isn't interested and Conte obviously is off the list, with ten Hag not willing to discuss hypothetical scenarios. But Custis did report that the agent did report back and say that getting Rodgers out of Leicester is a real possibility but the decision makers at United are split over appointing him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Custis around 3 weeks ago reported about United having assigned a influential agent to contact all 4 of the managerial targets (Conte, Zidane, ten Hag, Rodgers) to gather each individuals idea on how they intend to take the club forward and the type of salary they would command. He's since given a update (yesterday) and said that Zidane isn't interested and Conte obviously is off the list, with ten Hag not willing to discuss hypothetical scenarios. But Custis did report that the agent did report back and say that getting Rodgers out of Leicester is a real possibility but the decision makers at United are split over appointing him.
Reading that summary tells me that's enough internet for tonight.
Does not look positive does it!

Hammondo

It's just a rumour. Let's not talk like it's fact.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No shit. I get the feeling you think that was a lot smarter than it actually was.
What the feck are you on about? Why respond to one of my posts telling me about something being a rumour and not to take it as fact? Keep your shitty condescending suggestions to yourself.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Completely baffled by the votes given the shambles we are in. Cannot bare another second of Ole.

Kostov

To be honest that's more noise than I expected regarding Ten Hag. And if this is true, we should probably do the extra mile and do whatever is needed for Ten Hag to be here next season, Rodgers I am afraid will not be good enough.

Bestietom

Ten Hag would be my choice in Summer, if we could get Interim manager right now.
If we have any chance of getting into top 4 we MUST act now.

Daengophile

We are all feeding the media click-bait traps and to a lesser degree the gambling industry who would like nothing better than wagers on the complete unknown.

Is WoodWoodWood even is a position to make a change this late in his contract?

Is Bean-counting Arnold able to make such a change before he is given the crown jewels?

Will the blood-sucking Mericanns do anything?

Dansk

There couldn't possibly be a worse time for this club to consider a gamble on a manager that fans are skeptical of from the beginning. It's the last thing we need right now. The next manager has to be someone that everyone's enthusiastic about and believes in. Until Zidane, Ten Hag, Poch and any other tolerable candidate gives the club a hard no, Rodgers shouldn't even be a consideration. He should be the very last resort, if absolutely nobody else who's remotely viable is available. There's at least four or five other managers that I'd rather wait until next summer for than take Rodgers now or ever. Nothing in his entire career indicates that he has the capacity for one of the biggest, most difficult jobs in the sporting world, and even if he might be slightly more competent at coaching than Ole, the fans' view of him makes this irrelevant. If there were actually real signs that he's a great manager who will steer this club to success, maybe people could look past his time at Liverpool and the fool he made of himself, but there aren't. He has accomplished almost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.