Ten Hag press conference - Brentford away

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No single question about tactics and what could change from last week.
These journalists are useless.

Arth_

Journalists ask on topics that are trendy. And sad reality is barely anyone cares about false nines, pressing triggers or attacking patterns. However, write an article about Ronaldo being unhappy, Rashford wanting to leave or new transfer targets and you will get thousands clicks.

OpenIntrovert

the least convincing yes I've ever heard in my life :lol:
It looks like he is trying to analyze what could be the real intention behind the question, so he says 'yes' like he is thinking about something. The club is certainly backing him and supporting him in terms of transfers. Its the press that have no idea what is happening, so they use the fans sentiment and the delay in transfers to make it look like a disaster is happening.

el3mel

We don't have fans here. Ten years of being similar to other clubs have turned our fans into raging pessimists.

The funny thing is the transfer window is not even close to being over, yet trust our fans to have already given up a season in which most of our rivals would say we have a top 4 worthy squad. The worst thing about this is that our fans are actually giving the media the fuel they need for this rubbish. Same fans talking about a rebuild taking time are the same ones losing their minds after one game when the whole world knows the main culprits( at least Mctominay) will not be playing league games come October.

Seems like noone cares about the players we have already signed. Eriksen showed us on Sunday how good he can be from deep. Martinez was good on Sunday. Malacia is yet to play. We have a few youngsters coming through and there are clear signs of transfer activity on our end. Yes Barca hurt our window, but no club would have been able to foresee how much of a mess Barca would drag everyone into. Our new board tried to get that transfer over the line, it didn't go through, just like has happened with every team. In fact one can make the case it happened a lot under Sir Alex, yet the media has our fans convinced that we lost the transfer window and should be embarrassed. Under SAF, every single summer due to us not being hyper aggressive in the market, the media always favored our rivals to start the season, yet the real work is actually done by coaches, not simply signing expensive new toys for fans to fawn over. Make no mistake, we need at least one midfielder to come into the team. I would also love us to have an additional attacker. With time I really believe by simply making those additional signings, this team will be a lot better than people think. We finished second in 20/21 and 3rd in 19/20 due mainly to individual brilliance from a few of our players, we have better players ( who are fit, so not Pogba) than we did in those seasons and a much better manager than we did at the time. Top 4 last season was lost due to us imploding, not the strength of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal....so lets see how this season plays out and not rush to negative conclusions
We have been through a full decade of being shit in every department yet some here like you still have the nerve to tell us the problem is the fans being "pessimistic". :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Looks like few enjoy manager shitting on players in PC.
Yeah - and that's one thing: enjoying it, wanting the manager to agree with them with regard to individual players, etc.

I get that, it's at least partly understandable, as long as it remains a private wish (to so speak).

But those who actually seem surprised (or even pissed off) when the manager doesn't come out stating that players X, Y and Z are useless - I mean, how far removed from reality are those people? Would they advertise a pair of jeans they wanted to sell online as "shit jeans, useless as feck, plz buy"?

GloryHunter07

You're under new management now. Why not cut them some slack? Or, if you're not going to cut them slack, at least don't mercilessly pile the failings of the last 10 years onto them.

It's your choice as fans really, you can face the new season with curiosity and observe the work Ten Hag and the team will be doing with support and openness, or you can, from the get go, turn the season into a nightmare for everyone involved by churning every single thing that happens into an obsessive swirl of negativity.
At some point Man United fans need to be ready to actually like their club and/or their team.
This is one of the best posts i have come across on the caf. Well done.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Yeah - and that's one thing: enjoying it, wanting the manager to agree with them with regard to individual players, etc.

I get that, it's at least partly understandable, as long as it remains a private wish (to so speak).

But those who actually seem surprised (or even pissed off) when the manager doesn't come out stating that players X, Y and Z are useless - I mean, how far removed from reality are those people? Would they advertise a pair of jeans they wanted to sell online as "shit jeans, useless as feck, plz buy"?
Why do all your posts have a million hyphens in yet your username doesn’t when it’s supposed to? If it’s on purpose, it’s brilliant.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why do all your posts have a million hyphens in yet your username doesn’t when it’s supposed to? If it’s on purpose, it’s brilliant.
They're not hyphens.

(But - yes - of course it's on purpose. Seriously, though, I think you couldn't sign up with a username that had hyphens in it? This was ages ago, the Caf was on a different host/had a different format. Could be that I was just very drunk when signing up too, I honestly don't remember.)

Last edited: