g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ten Hag presser v Leicester - MARTIAL NOT AVAILABLE

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Elanga and Ronaldo playing again. Oh Lord, help us.

And no, a Martial'-less Rashford and Sancho aren't much better. We are in huge trouble against Arsenal.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Elanga carried more goal treat than Rashford in the last game, and was instrumental in the opening goal too

tomaldinho1

Because this will be our fifth league match of the season and he hasn’t been fit to start any of them.
It's hardly a shock though. Better he recovers and then gets a run of games then we just have semi crocked Martial all season (which is what we had with Rashford last 2 years or so). There are 34 games still to play in the league.

Because he was injured and recovered from it. Had a 45 min cameo against Liverpool and now injured again.

It’s worrying when he’s our main striker and we are already thin on forwards.
He injured his achilles against Pool and was out for Soton. He missed the first two games of the season with hamstring injury.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
People talking as if Martial injures himself on purpose. Ffs! We could get a striker in today and he could be crocked tomorrow.

Shit happens!

SER19

Ya if we're considering Rashford, Martial and Ronaldo as competing for the front spot, it's really only two and a half players. Still think we could have done with a plan B type striker, a more traditional number 9 option from the bench

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Elanga carried more goal treat than Rashford in the last game, and was instrumental in the opening goal too
Don't think that proves much, there was still so much that happened after his bit of play which fitted just right.

Also, Rashford being played out of position.

All below standard anyway.

Cassidy

Don't think that proves much, there was still so much that happened after his bit of play which fitted just right.

Also, Rashford being played out of position.

All below standard anyway.
Indeed, he beat his man and drove inside about 3/4 times early in the first half which led to all our decent chances (Rashford did nothing). Hit the post vs pool.
Rashford has not been any better than him in or out of position.

And that it not me saying he is good enough, but why is he being singled out?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Indeed, he beat his man and drove inside about 3/4 times early in the first half which led to all our decent chances (Rashford did nothing). Hit the post vs pool.
Rashford has not been any better than him in or out of position.

And that it not me saying he is good enough, but why is he being singled out?
Do you know what single is? I mentioned all four players. If Martial leads the line, I'd rather Rashford to Elanga.

Without Martial leading the line, they all look rather hopeless so far apart from Liverpool.

Cassidy

Do you know what single is? I mentioned all four players. If Martial leads the line, I'd rather Rashford to Elanga.

Without Martial leading the line, they all look rather hopeless so far apart from Liverpool.
Yes that was after I posted though, we can leave it there

NewYorkRed

And no, a Martial'-less Rashford and Sancho aren't much better. We are in huge trouble against Arsenal.
Same Ronaldo that scored twice against them in one game against them last year? Or am I missing something? Honestly I’m not happy with the way he has handled this too but for heaven’s sakes some of the talk around him is such BS. You would think he scored 6 and not 18 in the league last year.

saik

Antony will definitely start against Arsenal. If Martial is miraculously fit to face Arsenal I'm guessing the front 3 would be Sancho, Martial and Antony with Rashford coming off the bench.

Gasolin

Antony will definitely start against Arsenal. If Martial is miraculously fit to face Arsenal I'm guessing the front 3 would be Sancho, Martial and Antony with Rashford coming off the bench.
I would try the other way around though, I think it works well to have Rashford run behind first and get Martial to control more the ball in that area for the others around him to run behind.

Hal9000

Ya if we're considering Rashford, Martial and Ronaldo as competing for the front spot, it's really only two and a half players. Still think we could have done with a plan B type striker, a more traditional number 9 option from the bench
Well we tried, just the entire fanbase had a meltdown...

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Cavani gave it everything in his first season. Then lost the number 7 shirt to Ronaldo and that was it for him. If we could loan a younger player like him for this season it would be great.
Even in his first season he was bad whenever he started for the majority of the season. Good off the bench for sure, but struggled whenever he started. It was only in the final couple months of the season that he was able to play well from the start of games.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Same Ronaldo that scored twice against them in one game against them last year? Or am I missing something? Honestly I’m not happy with the way he has handled this too but for heaven’s sakes some of the talk around him is such BS. You would think he scored 6 and not 18 in the league last year.
Been beyond crap really, doesn't want to be here and it shows.

Skipping pre season does as well, has aged like 5 years in one summer.

Crashoutcassius

I'd rather martial as id expect Leicester to play quote compact and let us have the ball. Vs arsenal Rashford would suit much better. Hoping Ronaldo doesn't start a game again outside of Europa

Lecland07

People talking as if Martial injures himself on purpose. Ffs! We could get a striker in today and he could be crocked tomorrow.

Shit happens!
They also talk about him like he is actually good. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like I said at the time, the transfer budget was altered after the loss to Brentford and the football department changed strategy due to more money being made available by the owners.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Have we ever had a game on deadline day before? Gonna be interesting to see who’s in the squad or not. Could give us a clue to who could be on the way out.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Have we ever had a game on deadline day before? Gonna be interesting to see who’s in the squad or not. Could give us a clue to who could be on the way out.
There isn't going to be any surprises. We're done.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Doesn't sound like Martial will be back anytime soon.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Like I said at the time, the transfer budget was altered after the loss to Brentford and the football department changed strategy due to more money being made available by the owners.

He never actually said it was because of the Brentford result though. That's just media spin. He just said it was 'due to the market', implying they just had to dig into their pockets a bit deeper to get the players they wanted.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He never actually said it was because of the Brentford result though. That's just media spin. He just said it was 'due to the market', implying they just had to dig into their pockets a bit deeper to get the players they wanted.
He was directly asked if the budget changed after the two losses to Brighton and Brentford, and he quite intelligently dodged the question and went on to say the club adapted to the rising costs in the market. That's typical ten Hag.

It's not difficult to see what he was getting at and I don't believe the extra funds would've been available if we didn't lose the first two games.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He was directly asked if the budget changed after the two losses to Brighton and Brentford, and he quite intelligently dodged the question and went on to say the club adapted to the rising costs in the market. That's typical ten Hag.

It's not difficult to see what he was getting at and I don't believe the extra funds would've been available if we didn't lose the first two games.
That's just your interpretation though, it's not fact. The question is relevant though.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Shit happens!
Bit of a concern though that he has already had two separate injuries this season, and how many at Sevilla whilst on loan?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anthony Glassial. We should be looking to ship him off just for the simple fact that this might mean having to watch Rashford up top again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's just your interpretation though, it's not fact. The question is relevant though.
That's absolutely my interpretation and ten Hag when pressed for a answer by the journo (who asked the question) said the club had to adapt. So it's pretty obvious that the budget was adapted after the two losses.

Bestietom

Even in his first season he was bad whenever he started for the majority of the season. Good off the bench for sure, but struggled whenever he started. It was only in the final couple months of the season that he was able to play well from the start of games.
Was it 16/17 goals he scored, some being very important ones that won us games.