Tennis 2015

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Following her 6-2 6-1 defeat against Eugenie Bouchard at the Hopman Cup team event in Perth, world number one Serena Williams says: "I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm so tired. It's weird. I can't get my body to move.

"I feel like I've got no energy. It's a little frustrating because I know I can play two thousand times better."

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Will Bouchard win a grand slam this year? I think she will.

We should do some predictions fo the grand slam winners this year.

I see Nadal's comeback hasn't gone to plan.

Mighty Boosh

I think I might actually be in love with Bouchard, she is very talented though.

Mens tour is quite interesting at the moment, Nadal and Murray completely out of sorts and Federer another year older. Looks like its going to be Djokovic by default for a lot of tournaments. I'm excited to see what progress Dominic Thiem can make again this year he's a player I've followed for a while now and he's starting to look very good.

Croatian wonderkid by the name of Borna Coric is another one to keep an eye on, only 18 and already in the Top 100.

ZDwyr

Del Potro must be the biggest 'what if' player in Tennis. These wrist injuries have really stopped him reaching his potential.

jem

Del Potro must be the biggest 'what if' player in Tennis. These wrist injuries have really stopped him reaching his potential.
Such a shame, as he seems like a really likeable guy (and a very good player.)

ZDwyr

Such a shame, as he seems like a really likeable guy (and a very good player.)
Yeah I always liked him. Compared to his fellow countryman in Nalbandian anyway.

Close match with Raonic and Nishikori atm. Nishikori strikes the ball so well and accurately, he's a joy to watch.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Federer beats Dimitrov 6-2 6-2 and is now one win away of his 1.000th career victory

The 1.000 Club

American Jimmy Connors holds the record for most ATP wins with 1.253, with Czech Ivan Lendl second on 1.071 victories.

ZDwyr

Really impressive performance from Federer, although Dimitrov was off his game. Not sure how he will go against Raonic, will be tough to break his serve. I think it'll go three sets with Federer just pinching it.

Also, is Serena Williams the most unlikable female tennis player? Can't stand her antics.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Really impressive performance from Federer, although Dimitrov was off his game. Not sure how he will go against Raonic, will be tough to break his serve. I think it'll go three sets with Federer just pinching it.

Also, is Serena Williams the most unlikable female tennis player? Can't stand her antics.
Yes, by far. Great player no doubt but every time she loses she has an excuse to make it sound that it is she who lost it instead of opposition winning.

saivet

Yes, by far. Great player no doubt but every time she loses she has an excuse to make it sound that it is she who lost it instead of opposition winning.
I tend to watch less woman's tennis, but she is by far by favorite female tennis player.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Well done Roger!!!!!!!!!

The great man did it again. Raonic had a spell from the middle of the 2nd set to the middle of the 3rd were he could barely miss. It felt like every serve to his forehand came back at 150 km/h right on the line. Genuinely scary. Federer too cool and consistent in the end.

Lets hope he can take this form into the AO.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This. I was going to post the same thing after I read those comments after her loss.

amolbhatia50k

Federer beats Dimitrov 6-2 6-2 and is now one win away of his 1.000th career victory

The 1.000 Club

American Jimmy Connors holds the record for most ATP wins with 1.253, with Czech Ivan Lendl second on 1.071 victories.
:lol: what is this?

ZDwyr

The Fed/Raonic match was very high quality. A poor first set by Raonic but his ball striking was phenomenal after that. Think he might get to a final of a slam this year.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is actually what the commentators are always spouting.
IMO this is nonsense - if a player gets beat on the day, its because their opponent was better on the day. Simple as.
This goes for any player (male or female), on the tour.

Serena is the World No.1. But what the means is that she wins more ranking points/matches than anybody else.
It does not mean that she is unbeatable.

I think Serena and her camp should show some humility.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Federer produced some awesome tennis today - 6:3 7:5. :drool:

ZDwyr

Seems to enjoy playing Djokovic usually. Glad he won.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
So he's won two of the three tournaments he's entered so far in 2015, but it still bugs me how tamely Federer exited the Australian Open in the third round. He's played so well for the past year, but he's really missed out on some fantastic chances, namely Wimbledon, US Open (I don't care what anyone says, Cilic was full of shit that entire tournament), getting hurt right before the final of the WTF and then the Oz debacle in Melbourne.

Give us one more slam!

amolbhatia50k

So he's won two of the three tournaments he's entered so far in 2015, but it still bugs me how tamely Federer exited the Australian Open in the third round. He's played so well for the past year, but he's really missed out on some fantastic chances, namely Wimbledon, US Open (I don't care what anyone says, Cilic was full of shit that entire tournament), getting hurt right before the final of the WTF and then the Oz debacle in Melbourne.

Give us one more slam!
He's still got great tennis in him. But he seems to have far too many off moments which costs him in the big games. Still a great level he's at given his age. One more slam would just be brilliant.

rooney1905

I can't see him winning any more majors unless there are some injuries to a few of the top players. He is still very good but the consistency level isn't there not to mention the entire field is much better than it was even 5 years ago. I'm not a Federer fan but I imagine his best chance at one more major will be Wimbledon this year. Not as easy for people to pick on his backhand with the shorter points. Next year I think we will see more of the fringe players coming through to really challenge the Djokovics and Nadals on the tour. So if Federer wants one more I think he must do it this year. Overall I still think Nadal will pass him in total majors at some point.

ZDwyr

I still think Fed can win Wimbledon for sure. Last seasons final could have gone either way and I don't think he has dropped off that much in 12 months. He is more prone to an 'off-day' though and that makes him vulnerable.

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Ward and Isner tied at 2-2 12-12 currently in the Davis Cup. Incredible finish

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Ward wins it 15-13! Britain 2-0 up in the tie with Murray to play again... probably got this tie in the bag now.

Giggsy92

Give us one more slam!
I think the finger thing might have bothered him more than was made out in that Seppi match. But he was never going to win in Melbourne with the draw he had anyway. Cilic was on fire in that semi final, maybe Federer would have had a better chance if he'd straight setted Monfils but it still would have been tough with Cilic serving like that. Wimbledon was a huge missed opportunity though, could easily have won that were it not for the fact his ground game was pretty much non-existent in the final... Hopefully he'll go one better this year.

NM

Only 3 more Roland Garros' to go then. I hope Rafa does well this year.
Do you guys generally think Rafa will be the GOAT if he gets the record by winning a French a year moving forward?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you guys generally think Rafa will be the GOAT if he gets the record by winning a French a year moving forward?
No definitely not, especially with Fed, Djokovic, and Murray about, and not to mention any new stars who are bound to emerge. He will need to win an Aussie or US along the way to reach 17. Doubt he'll manage it though.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
We need Rafa back to his 100%. A 18 month injury free Nadal could quickly close the gap with Roger or maybe even catch up.

The speed of the court in 3 of the 4 slams make it look really up hill for Rafa... but i think he will find a way. It might be by winning RG 3 more times, or maybe he can add a couple of different slams as well, but i have no doubt he will at least catch up with him.