Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Just getting back into playing tennis - used to be rather good. My racket was very old so just invested in this. Hopefully it’s decent.
Unless you're at an advanced level (semi-pro or above) that racket will be more than enough.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Del Potro I think will lose this set. Missed his opportunities.

Ace of Spades

Del Potro has wasted this chance to get a break. Novak was making too many stupid errors, probably because his focus was disturbed, but should have been taken advantage of.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Unless you're at an advanced level (semi-pro or above) that racket will be more than enough.
I’m not at that level anymore so I think it will do me fine.

Used to play at a high level when I was younger, played games for Cheshire a few times and there was a point where I wanted to peruse playing properly but just never really happened. Not played for 10/12 years but just getting back into it now.

It’s shocking though when you used to be good at something and trying to pick it back up is so hard. I’m going to book a couple of lessons soon. I really enjoy playing. It’s a fantastic sport.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That's it. Novak's title.
Cannot see Delpo coming back from this at all.

wr8_utd

:'(
Infuriatingly shit tie break from Del Po. Everything into the net even when not under any pressure. This match is over now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Must be demoralizing for Delpo to have finally wrestled the momentum mid way through the set, only to have Novak regroup and win the set.

wr8_utd

The amount of second serves of Novak that Del Po has wasted is bizarre. He had atleast 3 BPs on 2nd serve in that huge game as well.

wr8_utd

Must be demoralizing for Delpo to have finally wrestled the momentum mid way through the set, only to have Novak regroup and win the set.
Only got himself to blame with the kind of errors he made in the TB. 3-1 up with a serve to go and to just go into meltdown from there.

wr8_utd

The quality of this match has been pretty poor imo. It's just a lot of poor errors more than anything else from both. Feel the Nadal Del Po first set was also better than this match has been

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The quality of this match has been pretty poor imo. It's just a lot of poor errors more than anything else from both. Feel the Nadal Del Po first set was also better than this match has been
:lol: Surely you jest. This has been some of the best Tennis all year.

wr8_utd

:lol: Surely you jest. This has been some of the best Tennis all year.
Not for me. It's been grueling and intense but it's hardly been vintage stuff. Nadal Khachanov, Nadal Theim were both far far superior to the tennis on display today. I had way higher expectations from a Novak Del Po match.

Brophs

The One and Only
Unfortunately for Del Potro, I reckon Djokovic has already had his dip in the second set (and still won it).

wr8_utd

Unfortunately for Del Potro, I reckon Djokovic has already had his dip in the second set (and still won it).
Djokovic is 189-1 when winning the first two sets at Slams. There zero chance of Del Po winning this match now.

wr8_utd

Going to sleep now so Congratulations to the Novak fans on here. It's great to see him back at something close to his best. Tennis has been a far far poorer place without him competing for the past 18 months.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Going to sleep now so Congratulations to the Novak fans on here. It's great to see him back at something close to his best. Tennis has been a far far poorer place without him competing for the past 18 months.
Nicely said:)
Have a good rest.

wr8_utd

Come RG next year, good chance Novak could be attempting a 4th Slam in a row. For the second time. Surely that would put him in GOAT discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.