Tennis 2019

wr8_utd

:'(
Nadal always seems to bottle it in finals against Djokovic. So I'm not getting my hopes up.
2-2 on Hard Court Grand Slams, leads at RG and 0-1 at Wimbledon. I'm expecting Novak to win this as well though.

RORY65

Phenomenal effort by Kvitova but Osaka has completely gone mentally right now, she needs the break between sets to gather herself.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Osaka is falling apart right now. Think she needs to take the loss of this set and try to regroup mentally. She has absolutely falling apart and every single one of her reactions must be like an extra boost for Kvitova.

Must be very difficult mentally to have championship point and then end up losing the set about 10 minutes later.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
From 5-3 to 5-7 with 3 championship points blown. Wonder if Osaka would be able to get over it to fight for the third set.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Too much pressure in that final match point game. She needs to regroup and pretend it never happened.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
She desperately needed that game back. She's been the better player overall and if she can collect herself mentally, she can still win this.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You feel that she'll learn a lot more from the victory like that than she would have done just sweeping through in that second set.

Great match.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Osaka is the number in the world and has won the last two slams. Looks like the takeover atop women's tennis is complete.

wr8_utd

:'(
Osaka is the number in the world and has won the last two slams. Looks like the takeover atop women's tennis is complete.
Women's tennis is pretty unpredictable. Wouldn't surprise me if she didn't go on to dominate and just faded away either.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Women's tennis is pretty unpredictable. Wouldn't surprise me if she didn't go on to dominate and just faded away either.
That’s possible but given her youth and the lack of emerging competition, I suspect she’s only starting her reign, much as Serena was about 15 years ago, although Serena had the likes of Henin and Clijsters to deal with (as well as her sister). Osaka doesn’t really have any such rival or emerging talent to contend with right now, which is why it’s likely she will be at or near the top for a while.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Have no idea who will win here. Cannot separate Nadal and Djokovic.

Might be in for another long match between these two.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Rafa won't be starting the 2nd set like he has the first, but honestly, Novak looking super solid so far.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Not won one point on Novak's serve ffs
I've Djokovic to win every service game in the match to 0, 15 or 30 @ 100/1.

No doubt it will get annihilated in the 2nd set, but it actually survived a set. :lol:

RORY65

6-3 makes that set seem more competitive than it actually was.