Tennis 2020

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sure, but the way Nadal can play with 100% intensity for 4 hours on end always seemed suspect to me.
They stop between points... I can play 4/5 hours of tennis. Not at the same intensity obviously but I don't spend my life training for it either

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Novak broken. Nadal to serve for the championship.

Bojan11

Sure, but the way Nadal can play with 100% intensity for 4 hours on end always seemed suspect to me.
What? So does Djokovic.

The longer rallies should favour Djokovic. They just very good athletes. So is Thiem.

It’s not suspect.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They stop between points... I can play 4/5 hours of tennis. Not at the same intensity obviously but I don't spend my life training for it either
Yeah, I realize a tennis match is not a 4 hour uninterrupted rally :lol:

No other player can play with that insane intensity without pause like Nadal does. It's the reason he's one of the best either. Obviously it's mostly a mental thing, but physically he seems impervious and at that age, well, he just seems suspect to me.

Jazz

Congratulations to Nadal! His record at the French will never be broken. Amazing.

Pissed at Novak for making it a dud final. Saved his worst for last:rolleyes:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Nadal on 20 and looks to have more slams in the tank.

Jazz

Never seen Novk so disinterested in a grand slam final. That's so weird.

Anyway, Nadal the boss of the clay!

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Yeah, I realize a tennis match is not a 4 hour uninterrupted rally :lol:

No other player can play with that insane intensity without pause like Nadal does. It's the reason he's one of the best either. Obviously it's mostly a mental thing, but physically he seems impervious and at that age, well, he just seems suspect to me.
They're great athletes, it's not like they're doing something superhuman. I have loads of friends who can play intense matches of tennis for hours and they're not using PEDs so why would people who dedicate their whole life to it not be able to do it?

It just takes merit away from them to say things like that.

SinNombre

Federer came back from injury at 36 to win 2 5-setters in a row in 2017 scrambling around for five hours each in the semifinals and finals and physically outperforming Nadal but Rafa winning his favourite GS at 34 is suspect.

Some of the Federer fanbase is so suspect.

Vamos !

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I was convinced that Federer had 21 or 22 grand slams. What a joy for Rafa to finally reach him.

wr8_utd

:'(
What an INCREDIBLE first two sets from Rafa today! Novak wasn't even bad but that was some of the finest tennis he's played in all of his 13 wins here. Coming into this tournament, with Nadal's lack of momentum, loss to Diego in Rome, Novak's form and Rafa's draw with Thiem and Novak back to back potentially, i really didn't think he'd do it again. To do so without dropping a set and being taken to a tie break only twice is unbelievable.

wr8_utd

Federer came back from injury at 36 to win 2 5-setters in a row in 2017 scrambling around for five hours each in the semifinals and finals and physically outperforming Nadal but Rafa winning his favourite GS at 34 is suspect.

Some of the Federer fanbase is so suspect.

Vamos !
TBH, I won't be surprised if every single tennis player is on some sort of just within the law drugs. But if anyone is bringing it up specifically to attack Nadal, Federer's comeback at his age is even more suspect :lol:

Zen

Can't wait until I can say that Rafa @ Roland alone is as GOATly as Sampras statistically speaking....2021 here I come. Absurdity that's required to keep a balance to the debate :lol:

VP

Stunning performance from Nadal.

Really hope he or fed end up with the most slams. Djokovic's game is uninspiring in comparison.

Zen

TBH, I won't be surprised if every single tennis player is on some sort of just within the law drugs. But if anyone is bringing it up specifically to attack Nadal, Federer's comeback at his age is even more suspect :lol:
Nah, not really. Federer has a game that's more suited to longevity..... suspect? Sure, but not more so than Djokovic or Nadal now or at their retrospective peaks. But then again - who'd think Agassi would out-age most of his generation.

Even if so - theres too much money in the 3 of them to allow to be outed while they are actually playing. It'll come out like years after the point - a double money maker that way.

wr8_utd

Nah, not really. Federer has a game that's more suited to longevity..... suspect? Sure, but not more so than Djokovic or Nadal now or at their retrospective peaks. But then again - who'd think Agassi would out-age most of his generation.

Even if so - theres too much money in the 3 of them to allow to be outed while they are actually playing. It'll come out like years after the point - a double money maker that way.
For Federer to have come back from injury and play grueling 5 setters in back to back matches at the AO is a lot more suspect than Nadal being accused of doping. Yet, we don't bring it up because that's not something you do. Yet, somehow, people love to bring it up when it comes to Rafa every time he wins something. Novak and Murray have incredible stamina as well but they don't get questioned the same way.

Bojan11

I think you need to go watch Nadal in 2008 and compare him to now before saying he’s on peds. He’s way faster in 2008 and would get onto anything.

He’s just way aggressive now and his serve has improved massively. Djokovic won most the longer rallies today.

@wr8_utd Thiem also has incredible stamina. Probably best on tour right now with Djokovic. Schwartzmann is up there too. Nishikori plays a lot of 5 setters. But yeah just funny how Federer fanboys accuse Djokovic and Nadal being on peds.