Tennis 2021

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
he looks annoyed and angry with himself and the world. missing a lot of smashes too. lack of crowd doesn't really suit him.

anyway a set up after wasting about 10 break points?

e - timing :lol: took it on his 9th bp, set and break up now

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
one of the worst fed matches. his serve is meaningless because the court is so slow, he's being outpowered, and making mistakes. only hanging on because of the other's mistakes, though he's down in this tiebreak rn...

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
not a big surprise on this surface, how long he hasn't played for this tournament and his age.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
he's playing nothing like the first 2 rounds. it's at least partly to do with court speed. he had 16 aces (cilic had 12) in the previous match, both have had 1 each so far. and partly to do with his mental state. looked annoyed/off from the start.

saivet

Why do they start night sessions at 9pm? It just seems unnecessarily late.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
broken by a lob which he let go :lol:

e - stream died, not bothering to refresh. this was like watching a LvG match.

saivet

Federer nowhere near his best but I've been impressed by Koepfer.

Brophs

The One and Only
Koepfer is playing great and Federer looks knackered.

Brophs

The One and Only
The Eurosport commentator got himself lost during that metaphor: "These top players are predators. They smell blood and then....put the afterburners on."

AshRK

Federer Novak and Nadal all going to face three talented Italians in the next round. Would be interesting to see how it goes.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
caught the end, he seemed to have got some fluency back.

match stats are *horrendous*.
51-63 winners-UE for fed, 55-40 for koepfer :eek:
total points 160 fed - 159 k!!!

TheLiverBird

yes but federer, even in some dogshit and/or close games, usually has better stats than that. not often opponent hits more winners.
He’s 39

up until 2 weeks ago had been out the game for 19 months I think

and has had a few ops on his kneed during his time out

we aren’t going to see the old stats he used to produce anymore, not regularly atleast anyway

the fact he’s got 2 the fourth round getting through a few 4 setters is nothing short of astonishing

He continues to inspire

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
the fact he’s got 2 the fourth round getting through a few 4 setters is nothing short of astonishing
Is it really though?!

He beat the world number 204 in the first round who has more loses than wins in his last 30-40 matches. Is on the verge of 35 himself and has never got passed the 2nd round at the French Open.

He then beat Cilic who just recently in Geneva lost to a wild card world number 335 in straight sets, including 6-1 in the second. Same Cilic who on 10 of his last 11 slams has not got passed the 4th round, including 6 first/second round defeats. Bar his purple patch in 2017/2018 he's never did anything at the French Open either.

Koepfer played decent but it's a guy who's done next to nothing in his career. If Federer beats Berrettini then you can claim it's 'nothing short of astonishing'..

TheLiverBird

Is it really though?!

He beat the world number 204 in the first round who has more loses than wins in his last 30-40 matches. Is on the verge of 35 himself and has never got passed the 2nd round at the French Open.

He then beat Cilic who just recently in Geneva lost to a wild card world number 335 in straight sets, including 6-1 in the second. Same Cilic who on 10 of his last 11 slams has not got passed the 4th round, including 6 first/second round defeats. Bar his purple patch in 2017/2018 he's never did anything at the French Open either.

Koepfer played decent but it's a guy who's done next to nothing in his career. If Federer beats Berrettini then you can claim it's 'nothing short of astonishing'..
Your talking as though it was a fit and youthful Federer that scrapped through 3rd rate opponents

Cilic is not the player he once was, but he can still turn it on occasionally to prove a difficult player at times

and Koepfer has had a little form in this years RG

They both took a 39 year old who has been out the game entirely for 19 months (he appeared once 2 weeks ago at the Geneva Open) as he’s had 2 surgeries on his knees, to 4 sets.....and lost

you go and tell a professional elite athlete that getting to the 4th round after all that at his age isn’t pretty astonishing and against (bar his first opponent) in form and sometimes difficult opponents

they’d laugh at you and walk away if you said “it wasn’t all that”

I’m not saying it’s the achievement of the century either by the way, but it’s quite inspiring stuff

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Fed has withdrawn.... think last night's match took it out of him.

Berretini into the quarters with the walk over

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fed has withdrawn.... think last night's match took it out of him.

Berretini into the quarters with the walk over
Unfortunate, but probably wise since he wasn’t ever going to win at RG. I’d rather see him rested for another run on grass.

saivet

It's a bit of a shame from a sporting perspective but withdrawing now is a perfectly sensible thing for Federer to do.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Guess he feels the wear and tear from the second week would harm his Wimbledon chances. Weird since both are slams that count equally but for Federer, Wimbledon clearly means more.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
I’m not saying it’s the achievement of the century either by the way, but it’s quite inspiring stuff
its really not inspiring stuff. Hes done well but stop acting like he won matches against all the odds.

Also please deal in facts, he was out for just over 12 months, not 19. He returned in March and beat Evans. Lets not act like he just returned a couple of weeks back from his knee injury!

SinNombre

its really not inspiring stuff. Hes done well but stop acting like he won matches against all the odds.

Also please deal in facts, he was out for just over 12 months, not 19. He returned in March and beat Evans. Lets not act like he just returned a couple of weeks back from his knee injury!
It is inspiring stuff if you are a fedtard.

I am guessing liverbird is.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Musetti a set up against Djokovic, interesting!

Brophs

The One and Only
I think he’ll do Musetti in 4 but losing the first set makes it a much more interesting match.

Brophs

The One and Only
I missed Sloane Stephens’ result. Pretty surprised by that. She’s really been motoring the last couple of rounds. It just doesn’t seem like she can bring it all together for very long at the moment.

saivet

Blimey, Musetti 2 sets up against Novak. His record in tiebreaks as a pro is now 10-0!

Brophs

The One and Only
Well now.

Still, I’m not sure there’s anyone I’d back over Djokovic to do it from here