Tennis 2021

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Comparisons to Evert, Navratilova, Djokovic and Nadal already :lol:

Set point number 4 does the trick for Raducanu.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Both of these players look incredible. Is this potentially the first final of many between the future of woman’s tennis for the next decade?

Superunknown

Fantastic match. She's taken the first set.

My heart is racing so fast watching this. Such a great match.

RORY65

Both of these players look incredible. Is this potentially the first final of many between the future of woman’s tennis for the next decade?
Potentially but there are loads of good young players on the women's side, partially because unlike the men's side there's no dominant older figures. When Swiatek won the French Open last year she looked imperious but hasn't been that close since while Andreescu looked phenomenal winning the US Open 2 years ago and then she's struggled with injuries, it shows that it's not guaranteed to happen at least in the short term and that there are plenty of other good youngsters that they will have to overcome.

Sylar

Impressive stuff. So little being given away (apart from Fernandez's first serve) and some really tough shots being taken and hit. Good match so far.
The accuracy of some of the shots have been very impressive

saivet

Potentially but there are loads of good young players on the women's side, partially because unlike the men's side there's no dominant older figures. When Swiatek won the French Open last year she looked imperious but hasn't been that close since while Andreescu looked phenomenal winning the US Open 2 years ago and then she's struggled with injuries, it shows that it's not guaranteed to happen at least in the short term and that there are plenty of other good youngsters that they will have to overcome.
And that's without mentioning Osaka who is only 23, a 3 time major champion but has been struggling mentally.

Ostapenko RG looks like it was a flash in a pan too.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Is this referring to my comment?

I thought so, Raducanu started and finished strong but it felt like Fernandes was dictating the play in most games.
I felt the opposite, Raducanu was leading the dance.
And yes I do believe it was you.

El Zoido

Raducanu looks like she could be the next dominant force in women's tennis, regardless of whether she ends up winning this or not. Her all around game is so strong.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Emma is doing so well considering the crowd are clearly in favour of Fernandez. She's making them quiet.